• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

That feel when someone finally joins your game to then die at the first strike from the boss....

Yea I've figured out the
gold bracelets
thing... Still not beating him though. DS/BB would be so much more enjoyable to me without the
boss fights
... :p

Using up embers even though no one joined your game sucks. In BB one would get the insight back if no one showed up...
It would be fine if I actually found coop partners more often but they are rearer than pixy dust. Strangely if I offer to join others there seem to be plenty of people on the take.

[edit]
That feel when you wait for ages for some writing to show up to summon assistance only to have someone invade you and take you out...

RiggyRob

Met
Siegward of Catarina and Anri & Horace of Astora
along the Road of Sacrifices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFkKiGcmj7s&index=16&list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5

Goddamn, the fight to get the
Irithyll Straight Sword
was tense as fuck! I really like it though, not only does it look great but its moveset is nice and simple, it's easy to use and its effect seems really useful - feels almost like the Fire Longsword in DS2.

Siegward seems like a cool guy, if a little strange - his weapon looks great, I'm assuming it's a Zweihander. Anri seems alright as well, if we ever find her again, but I'm not sure about Horace - don't really trust people who can't speak, makes it much harder to tell what their intentions are. I get a bit of Game of Thrones vibe from him.

Of course, people who don't speak can't lie to you either, so that's the bright side I guess.

So after having spent a fair amount of time in the game I would like some pointers from the insiders on my stat allocation and what I should be looking out for.
So far I have only upgraded my staff.
As for Attributes I have focused on Vigour, Attornment, Strength and Intelligence.

Caja 117

So after having spent a fair amount of time in the game I would like some pointers from the insiders on my stat allocation and what I should be looking out for.
So far I have only upgraded my staff.
As for Attributes I have focused on Vigour, Attornment, Strength and Intelligence.

Get a better weapon that scales with Str,and Make it +3, That sword you have is not doing anything based on where you at.

Need tips for Irithyll because those early knights are screwing me up, especially if I somehow agro more than one.

First thing, if you Agro more than one, run, Dealing with one is hard as it is, but the trick is agro and trying to backstab, its a hard place regardless from the first bonfire to the second one, I admit I passed it because I coop that area.

Oh man, that fucking Sulyvahn's Beast on the bridge to Irithyll hits like a freight train in NG++! Killed me 4 times before I finally managed to bring it down.

Need tips for Irithyll because those early knights are screwing me up, especially if I somehow agro more than one.

Irithyll is a difficult zone, so don't get discouraged. As Caja 117 said, only fight 1 Pontiff Knight at a time. Use a bow or throwing knives to pull them. I've found that fast weapons like the Estoc work very well against them.

Btw, when you come across those bastard Fire Witches (the big dudes in silver armor who shoot fire at you), rush them! They have absolutely bullshit tracking and range on their fire attacks, so you need to sprint at them to close the gap ASAP. If you have a fast weapon like a rapier or short sword you can stagger lock them to death once you're up close.

-Horizon-

Get a better weapon that scales with Str,and Make it +3, That sword you have is not doing anything based on where you at.

First thing, if you Agro more than one, run, Dealing with one is hard as it is, but the trick is agro and trying to backstab, its a hard place regardless from the first bonfire to the second one, I admit I passed it because I coop that area.

Oh man, that fucking Sulyvahn's Beast on the bridge to Irithyll hits like a freight train in NG++! Killed me 4 times before I finally managed to bring it down.

Irithyll is a difficult zone, so don't get discouraged. As Caja 117 said, only fight 1 Pontiff Knight at a time. Use a bow or throwing knives to pull them. I've found that fast weapons like the Estoc work very well against them.

Btw, when you come across those bastard Fire Witches (the big dudes in silver armor who shoot fire at you), rush them! They have absolutely bullshit tracking and range on their fire attacks, so you need to sprint at them to close the gap ASAP. If you have a fast weapon like a rapier or short sword you can stagger lock them to death once you're up close.

Thanks all :)
Will look into changing my weapons up and trying to keep it one on one as much as possible.

6for8

Does that also apply to Bloodborne? I'm about to help a friend to beat Laurence, and I'm far above his level. Currently at level 230, with up to +27% physical attack runes.

Cooping with a high level character in bloodborne only happened a few times for me and I was the other phantom, same level as the host. Even with the nerf, the high level friend was taking out the bosses quick. Host and I were both levelling (gear & character) so the disparity wasn’t extreme, I have had the same experience when cooping with a host around level 60 and weapon tier 7 in DK3.

Most of my coop in DK3 with the password has been of the extreme variety, low level and weapons that are stock. I have sick friends. I would guess the nerf in bloodborne is more of a character nerf than a character/weapon tier nerf.

You should do a no levelling/no upgrade run in bloodborne so we can test if the nerf is as strong in that scenario.

chunk3rvd

Applause to the guy that just invaded me as Groundskeeper Willie in Undead Settlement. Bright yellow skin, protruding lips and a pitchfork. He kept doing that move where you run at someone, trip then fall flat on your face haha

neoism

I wonder if the DLC will have that big bump in difficulty on NG+ like Bloodborne.

Doing an NG+ run with my pyro (already did it long ago with my Quality) and although I'm melting everything I can get two-three shooted from goons (only 30 VIG because 120).
At first I wanted that character to stay in NG but I thought the DLC would be a cakewalk so I recently jumped onto NG+.

I agree pyro is the most fun to me. I have my Sorc abandoned because I'ts more slow and I don't like that.
Btw pyro cap is 40/40, although it's true that there's a softcap at 30/30.
i hope so ima be in ng++ when the dlc hits...

also lol dat patch today... smh FROM

Tarkus

Applause to the guy that just invaded me as Groundskeeper Willie in Undead Settlement. Bright yellow skin, protruding lips and a pitchfork. He kept doing that move where you run at someone, trip then fall flat on your face haha
Why didn't you snapshot him?

neoism

being a sorc pvper .. its a hard lyfe Kappa
HEn1Ocw.jpg

neoism

I'm doing extremely well with my battlemage. A pure sorcerer, yeah that's not too much fun.

Edit: what exactly does this patch do? It has been hard to find notes.

patch notes:

fuck all you speedrunners

with love
FROM

its fixed the denial float glitch. thats all.. lol

Nameless

i hope so ima be in ng++ when the dlc hits...

also lol dat patch today... smh FROM

Old Hunters NG+ is the sweet spot for DLC difficulty imo. The challenge felt as fresh and fair as it did brutal. I'll be ready to jump to NG++ just in case, though. People weren't laying about DS3+ being piss easy. It's definitely going to be PvP that keeps me in 'shape' until the expansion.

Inuteu

I was stuck in the Nameless King yesterday

what you guys consider to be the best equipament (armor, shield, sword, rings etc) to face him?

strength biuld

Dark Souls 3: Onislayer (Greatbow/Samurai Invasions)

*Edit: This guy deserves more views, he clearly puts work into his videos. I just checked out his 2 other ones and they're good stuff!

I was stuck in the Nameless King yesterday

what you guys consider to be the best equipament (armor, shield, sword, rings etc) to face him?

strength biuld

Dragonslayer Greatshield makes the fight a LOT easier due to its high stability and lightning resistance.

Other than that, treat him similar to Pontiff - lots of blocking/rolling, and get in a hit or 2 in the moments between his attack chains. The worst mistake you can make is getting too aggressive and going for 3+ hits because you'll be low on stamina and likely get caught by one of his fast attacks.

horkrux

I don't think the camera is that bad unless you're directly under SK (which you shouldn't be for too long anyway). Keep it locked on the bird and you can usually see what's going on.

Lmao, I just invaded a dude in the Crucifixion Woods while he was getting attacked by a giant crab, Heysel, and the 2 Watchdogs of Farron NPCs. I just hung out in the swamp and watched him get beat on. He tried to drink a HP flask but had no Estus left, so finally when he was left with only a sliver of health he ran in front of me and did the collapse gesture, and then the giant crab delivered the coup de grâce. I was laughing the whole time but I also felt bad for the guy.

RiggyRob

Met
Sirris of the Sunless Realms
in the Firelink Shrine and found
Orbeck of Vinheim
while exploring the woods in the Road of Sacrifices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz9jnGUZ6qw&list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5&index=17

I'm hoping that we'll eventually meet the requirements to have
Sirris be our friend. We didn't seem to activate anything related to her, so I wonder what the trigger is for her to appear in Firelink Shrine?

Orbeck seems OK, the promise part is a bit ominous though. I guess we'll just have to try and find sorceries for him.

For the Tears of Denial miracle, is that guaranteed to save you for one hit when an attack would normally kill you? Might be quite useful to have if that's the case even if it takes up 2 slots, 15 Faith and 10,000 souls to buy.

Matt Frost

Orbeck seems OK, the promise part is a bit ominous though. I guess we'll just have to try and find sorceries for him

If you dont find them he leaves the Shrine. You need to feed him after 4 bosses. Costed me two ++ games to find out.

I'm hoping that we'll eventually meet the requirements to have
Sirris be our friend. We didn't seem to activate anything related to her, so I wonder what the trigger is for her to appear in Firelink Shrine?
Dont join the Rosetta pact and you will be fine with her

Ferr986

I thought I blew it by joining Rosaria's Fingers, but it was still fine. I think it's only an issue if you offer her a tongue.Yeah, there's probably one optional boss after that that gave me a similar amount of trouble.

Yes, the trigger is offering a tongue. Respec doesn't count.

RiggyRob

If you dont find them he leaves the Shrine. You need to feed him after 4 bosses. Costed me two ++ games to find out.

Dont join the Rosetta pact and you will be fine with her

Alrighty, I'll try and keep that in mind. I hope we can actually find the sorceries and they're not placed behind bullshit like illusory walls.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I got really excited about the triple shot bow. Got my DEX high enough to use it, and dumped all my titanite into it and boosted it to +3.

Then I shot it.

What the hell is this? Three shots in a SPREAD? And a huge spread at that. What the hell good is this bow? I assumed it was three shots quickly in succession forward...

Christ, Watchdogs of Farron is so dead at SL120. I've been sitting AFK while I listen to an audiobook and watch YouTube videos for the past 2 hours, and have gotten 1 summon. Out of solidarity for my fellow Watchdogs I traveled to Farron Keep and used my Dried Finger, and I haven't had 1 invader so far in 30 mins. Where the hell is everyone?

Top Bottom