• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Date A Live: Ars Install |OT| Date A Compile

ikvFACEW3TOFs.gif

data62j6r.jpg

Platform: PS3
Developer: Sting
Publisher: Compile Heart (Website)
Genre: ADV / Visual Novel
Original Character Design: Tsunako
Release: 26 June 2014
Price: 7,344¥ (standard edition), 9,504¥ (limited edition), 6,480¥ (digital)​

systemcwkiv.jpg

It's an ADV / visual novel. There are text and waifus, in that order.

story2azjdl.jpg

Date A Live background:

Thirty years ago a strange phenomena called a "spacequake" devastated the center of Eurasia, claiming the lives of at least 150 million people. Since then, smaller spacequakes plague the world on an irregular basis.

Shidō Itsuka, a seemingly ordinary high schooler, comes across a mysterious girl at the ground zero of a spacequake. He learns from his sister, Kotori, that she is one of the "Spirits" who are the real cause of the spacequakes, which occur when they manifest themselves in the world.

He also learns that Kotori is the captain of the anti-Spirit organisation Ratatoskr. She recruits him to make use of his mysterious ability to seal the Spirits' powers, stopping them from being a threat to mankind. However, there is a catch: to seal a Spirit, he must make her fall in love with him.

"I don't ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world."

Story for the game itself:

That's Japanese for "Your guess is as good as mine."

Alternatively, it's something about Shido (the MC) being trapped inside a virtual world with virtual waifus. It's set after volume 7 of the Date A Live light novels.

charm2ks0.jpg

Yatogami Tohka
If I have 5 donuts, and I offer her 3 of them, how many hands do I have left?

Tobiichi Origami
"U-um......Master Sergeant Tobiichi. This small bottle is......"
"It's used to mix inside his food. One drop will increase his energy by a hundred fold."
"Then this liquid that gives off such a pungent odour is......"
"In cases of emergency, I'll soak a cloth with that and cover his nose and mouth with it."
"Th, this pair of handcuffs and masking tape is......"
"In case I need to use it"
"......Then, I'll reconfirm it once more, you are going on a——"
"Date."

Itsuka Kotori
♪ But that kind of ship so suited me, that now I am the ruler of the queen's navy. ♫

Yoshino
Is the Order a Rabbit?

3dQQN6A.png
Mqfw6VN.png

Tokisaki Kurumi
Absolute Terror Waifu. A sociopathic sensuous mass-murdering time goddess who I would let eat me before you can say "Zafkiel".

Yamai Kaguya & Yamai Yuzuru
Sharing is caring.

Izayoi Miku
One-sided Love Samba.

Arusu Maria
01001111 01110010 01101001 01100111 01101001 01101110 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100011 01101000 01100001 01110010 01100001 01100011 01110100 01100101 01110010 00101110. The game's lead heroine.

???
True Last Boss.

===

It's not getting a western release, but waifus transcend language barriers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Does this game really have furigana? Its in that one screen so was just wondering.

Also Tohka da best.

origami da worst.

Does this game really have furigana? Its in that one screen so was just wondering.

Also Tohka da best.

origami da worst.
Can't be sure until the game's released next week, but it'd weird to show it off in preview screen(s) and then not have some sort of option for it. Although the previous game (Rinne Utopia) didn't have them, unless they were switched off for all the videos / screens I saw.

Great OT! Dig that title gif :D
Thanks. It's just for a bit of fun really, since I'm not expecting more than a few people (if that) to pick it up.

Mokoi

Banned
Great OT really love them character description. It's too bad I can't read Japanese. Also Kurumi is best. Fake miku is shit.

Top Bottom