• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadlock developer praises that the game development benefited from ChatGPT

I'm impressed with the low-level knowledge and ability to apply algorithms. I wasn't aware that C++ had move semantics. Thought Rust was fairly unique in it its concept of memory ownership.

Last edited:

Zathalus

This is what I basically use AI for day to day tasks as well. A really good lookup tool combined with something that can take care of the boring busy work when it comes to code, such as refactoring.

Kataploom

Gold Member
This is how AI can really help improve gaming efficiency and performance
And that's how I use it, it's an amazing real time documentation tool, or helps you skip all SEO bs from blogs and for many it helps them skip stack overflow toxicity.

I ask so many things to it when working I don't want to go back to googling anymore. I just don't copy and paste code because, as any decent programmer know, your code is always specific to your use case, unless it's got boilerplate code like those from UI components libraries, I just feel that using it for some of these stuff is slower than just writing it myself in the end.

Other than that, I tend to ask many theory and concepts questions, ask it to give me code examples of some implementations, and even put a hypothetical scenario and ask it if that's possible within certain library or environment so I don't have to test myself all the time.

For game dev, I've also asked it to create blender scripts to automate stuff or ask for Unity some math formulas so I implement then manually in the code.

AI is a great tool for assisting people, but it's as dumb as a fish every time it's intended to replace them, they should give up already, is dumber than a goddamn junior and babysitting it is a productivity time sink.

Top Bottom