• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine | Trailer

Lambogenie

Final trailer changed my mind. Think I might watch it in cinema.

It had less Deadpool bs and just seemed liked a better story driven trailer.

Jinzo Prime

Any chance they introduce a new actor for Wolverine in this movie? That Hugh Jackman doing this forever joke might be a tease at a new actor, right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any chance they introduce a new actor for Wolverine in this movie? That Hugh Jackman doing this forever joke might be a tease at a new actor, right?

As gag characters? Sure. As a permanent replacement for the MCU ? Probably not.

Lambogenie

I want a new actor for Wolverine, but it's crazy how Hugh Jackman looks more like Wolverine than he's ever done before...so now I don't want a new actor!

Doom85

To build hype ... I think they have bigger surprises in store

My theory is:

This variant Wolverine has the X-men of his universe resurrected right before the final fight and Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Beast, etc. join him, Deadpool, (possibly the Deadpool Corps? Also possibly Laura?), and the mutants in Deadpool’s movies for the final showdown.

At the end, Wolverine and his friends return to their universe, while Deadpool and his friends are unable to return home but are able to enter the MCU. Due to multiversal shenanigans that Cassandra Nove gets into, the mutants such as Colossus, Negasonic, and Yukio entering the MCU sets off a universal signal to awaken the (up to this point) dormant mutant gene with potential mutants in the MCU. Thus setting the stage for the MCU’s X-men and explaining why no mutants had appeared at this point in the MCU (certain individuals could be said to have managed to have their mutant gene awakened prior to this, such as Apocalypse in his backstory).

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
My theory is:

This variant Wolverine has the X-men of his universe resurrected right before the final fight and Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Beast, etc. join him, Deadpool, (possibly the Deadpool Corps? Also possibly Laura?), and the mutants in Deadpool’s movies for the final showdown.

At the end, Wolverine and his friends return to their universe, while Deadpool and his friends are unable to return home but are able to enter the MCU. Due to multiversal shenanigans that Cassandra Nove gets into, the mutants such as Colossus, Negasonic, and Yukio entering the MCU sets off a universal signal to awaken the (up to this point) dormant mutant gene with potential mutants in the MCU. Thus setting the stage for the MCU’s X-men and explaining why no mutants had appeared at this point in the MCU (certain individuals could be said to have managed to have their mutant gene awakened prior to this, such as Apocalypse in his backstory).

Nope

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
My theory is:

It's a good theory. Only 2 mutants exist in the MCU right now: Ms. Marvel and Namor

Doom85

It's a good theory. Only 2 mutants exist in the MCU right now: Ms. Marvel and Namor

Correct me if I’m wrong, but IIRC Bruno said the bangle tapped into Kamala’s powers, so she fits as her mutant gene didn’t awaken on its own. And Namor‘s mutation was handled quite differently from the comics IIRC. So they both work as exceptions without the mutant gene in general having awoken in the MCU population just yet.

Top Bottom