• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear BigJonsson Ive created this Madden Franchise League Begging Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Since I feel this is the only way you will respond to me I will explain myself.

I got sick when the franchise league first started and was able to play about 5 or so games with my Texans. I at the time had to drop from the league since I have a chronic illness called Ulcerative Colitis and I was really ill. This thing flares up and has a mind of it's own.

I was truly depressed about it, because this was the first madden franchise league like this and I couldn't continue playing.

I was happy that you got into the league and have gotten to play and have become a great addition to our league. I wasnt happy about about the Moss trade, but thats a personal issue I have cause the Texans are my team.

What I'm asking you since you have no ties at all to this team or history of being a vet with this team is that we trade franchises. I never thought I would never get to play with my Madden team again if I came back.

I know you love playing with WR's and if you take the Chiefs from me so I can have my team back I will give you Moss to have along with Bowe.

Both teams are equally shitty on D and you will still have a crazy WR combo. Both teams both have losing records and will have high draft picks. I will even give you a one of my picks if you do this deal with me.

I ask of you and of the league if I can somehow get my team back. Ive played too many Madden years to have to play with a team that I have no connections to.

DMczaf

Carr-8x10-Uni.jpg

i pmed both people and we'll see. it's not fair to put pressure on BJ, he has been an excellent league member.

i told him this in the pm and i will say it here that he has no obligation to give up this team and no one should frown upon it if he doesn't.

that being said, if there is a compensation package put together it maybe worth his while, i dont know.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hey i remember you. You used to play as the Rams in our league then disappear 4 games into the season every year!

Ploid 3.0

Are you the same Matrix from a long time ago, with the Mr. Humpy avatar? Hope you get well with this illness.

Rorschach

I just realized whoever has the team gets to play my sorry ass next! Don't let that impact your decision!

CB3 said:
Hey i remember you. You used to play as the Rams in our league then disappear 4 games into the season every year!
Hey, let's be fair. It was only one game last time.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Are you the same Matrix from a long time ago, with the Mr. Humpy avatar? Hope you get well with this illness.
Yeah, he is.

I started that trend with Raiderhumpy but no one remembers! :'(

Then MiG had Yao Humpy...and so it went!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ploid 3.0 said:

Thanks and of course I'm that Matrix.

The illness will never go away, sadly its chronic. It goes into remission.

Smokey

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol the Chiefs have pushed Matrix over the edge!!!

BigJonsson said:
Sorry dude, I've put my fingerprints on this team
I want the Dolphins or Giants really bad, but thats not happening either, I had the Giants last year in the first season so its not like I'm a total newbie here

cold
blooded

I want the Dolphins or Giants really bad, but thats not happening either, I had the Giants last year in the first season so its not like I'm a total newbie here

Rorschach

BigJonsson said:
Not trying to put you down or anything, but that's not our league you were in, so you are a newbie here. Not that you have any obligation to turn your team in. Just making it clear this is the OFFICIAL official league that's run since Madden went online. ;b

LukeSmith

BigJonsson said:

ima hang 80 on u ;)

Rorschach said:
Not trying to put you down or anything, but that's not our league you were in, so you are a newbie here. Not that you have any obligation to turn your team in. Just making it clear this is the OFFICIAL official league that's run since Madden went online. ;b

I wasn't in the official league? What league was I in then =/

There was more than one? I was in the leaguedaddy one?

LukeSmith

Somnia said:
Watch out for Girley! His last name does NOT fit his skill :lol

It is pronounced girl-EH

BJ said:
I'm gonna break Mannings leg

But thats getting OT

Only if he's playing defensive back and picking you off, because that's the only way you're going to touch him. :lol

Rorschach

Gurlee :B

BigJonsson said:
I wasn't in the official league? What league was I in then =/

There was more than one? I was in the leaguedaddy one?
You were in the alternate league. We were on ps3 last year. 360 the year before that and 07, ps2 for 06, xbox for 05, and ps2 for 04.

LukeSmith

BigJonsson said:
And why is that?

I think all it is, is that Matrix is an OG-vet with a love of the Texans. The stamp you've put on the team includes mostly bringing in an outstanding additional wideout to compliment AJ. Matrix was willing to work that out. That's all. People are just messing with you, ultimately it's like FMT said, it's up to you.

it is pronounced "Girl-EH"

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
I think all it is, is that Matrix is an OG-vet with a love of the Texans. The stamp you've put on the team includes mostly bringing in an outstanding additional wideout to compliment AJ. Matrix was willing to work that out. That's all. People are just messing with you, ultimately it's like FMT said, it's up to you.

it is pronounced "Girl-EH"

That and because Matrix only left because of a health condition. Seeing as how he is now playing again I don't see why he isn't back with the texans. It just makes sense to me that Matrix would just take back control of his team.

TheCrow said:
That and because Matrix only left because of a health condition. Seeing as how he is now playing again I don't see why he isn't back with the texans. It just makes sense to me that Matrix would just take back control of his team.

I kind of agree with this, he should have just gotten the team back when he got back. That said I still think Big J should do this just from a logical standpoint. I mean the Texans are 0-5 at the moment, vs 1-3 for the chiefs so thats a win for big j. not to mention that he said he'd give you moss, you wouldn't be losing out on a first round draft pick, and he even said he might give you one of his picks. So basically all wins for you i'd think. But its your call I guess.

Fifty

Yeah, Matrix should definitely have gotten his team when he got back. BJ wouldn't be in this league at all had Matrix not stepped aside because of his illness.

Nightz

Come on man, he's willing to ship Moss and a draft pick to you to get his team back. Do it!

If this goes through, I demand compensation for giving Somnia the Cowboys! :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Yeah, Matrix should definitely have gotten his team when he got back. BJ wouldn't be in this league at all had Matrix not stepped aside because of his illness.

What? Look I feel for Matrix, but that is not fair at all to BJ. He was on our "waiting list" and as soon as Matrix did step aside, he came right in and has been reliable. Would he have taken the team with the knowledge that less than a full season later he would have to give them up?

We'd be asking him to take an inferior team, without it's star RB, and basically telling him he has to because he has no "seniority" in this league? C'mon that is not right. We all look like one big clique in that case, and how do we get new guys to even want to play with us?

Would anyone else be granted amnesty like this? Say if for example Malleymal came back and he wanted the Chiefs but as he said couldn't keep up because of work, would we give them back to him? I understand health is a different issue, but both cases would be someone who's played with us for years having to give up because of external circumstances.

Edit: He's only made 30 enemies, I still like him even though I dislike the leafs.

Wellington said:
What? Look I feel for Matrix, but that is not fair at all to BJ. He was on our "waiting list" and as soon as Matrix did step aside, he came right in and has been reliable. Would he have taken the team with the knowledge that less than a full season later he would have to give them up?

Edit: He's only made 30 enemies, I still like him even though I dislike the leafs.

29, I don't think of his as a enemy. I do however think it might be in his interest to take the trade for teams, but what do I know

LiveWire

sableholic said:
29, I don't think of his as a enemy. I do however think it might be in his interest to take the trade for teams.

Also how long was matrix gone for out of curiosity?

28, I agree with Wellington. And sable doesn't complain about not having the Redskins, of which we're both die-hard fans (even if our team really blows IRL this season :( ).

Birdman02

Fifty said:

To be fair, Matrix wouldn't have gotten back into the league if Malley didn't have to drop. Right? BJ seems to have been a reliable owner this year and last in the
official
360 league last year, so I think it would be unfair to force him to give up a team that he's taken through almost a full season and offseason.

That said, I think Matrix has offered pretty good compensation, so I don't think BJ would really be taking a huge step back with the Chiefs (especially if Fifty would agree to give back LJ).

BJ's official list of enemies is down to 27.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
29, I don't think of his as a enemy. I do however think it might be in his interest to take the trade for teams, but what do I know
If he gets Moss and another high pick then I definitely agree it might be in his best interest.

Sorry Matrix, I definitely do not have anything against you
or Fifty
I just think that the people dogpiling on BJ are not cool.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe a larger move would be in order, like more players swap places between the two teams. Like bj can take ryans and willams with him.

I would feel better if bj got the better end of the deal, simply because he would be giving up the team he built/controlled.

But in case it doesn't happen: Matrix, what posititions do you need to have a better, more satisfactory experience in this thing. I can see what I could give you off my team.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am not in favor of "giving" anything to anyone. The Moss thing and a pick would be understandable, but aside from that (and maybe LJ but that is pushing it) in the interest of fairness we should not help BJ load his team up to crush us all.

LiveWire

If we're giving out players to help the needy teams I'll take an actual #1 wide receiver please (must be over six feet tall to qualify).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I was figuring more like to level out the crappyness between the two teams. Texans should be a good team, alot better than the chiefs. So just bringing over moss, still means that the texans have more talent. Parity between the 2 teams would be the only way it's fair.

I know I'm not in the Madden league, but Jonsson is on the EASHL team with me and he's a good dude, so it's a bummer to see him getting passively ripped on in here. For the record, nobody in their right mind would willingly choose the Chiefs.

relax, no one is getting ripped. i've already had discussions with BJ and matrix and the parameters are set on what it would take to have a team switch.

there shouldn't be any ill-will towards BJ or anyone, no one did anything wrong in this situation. if he doesn't want to give the team up he shouldn't have to. he has been a dependable player and never missed a game, so his decision should be respected.

i understand matrix's position also (i wouldn't want to play with a team other than the niners in franchise), but it is BJ's team now so we'll see what happens.

daw840

SnakeswithLasers said:
I know I'm not in the Madden league, but Jonsson is on the EASHL team with me and he's a good dude, so it's a bummer to see him getting passively ripped on in here. For the record, nobody in their right mind would willingly choose the Chiefs.

You shut your dirty mouth

FrenchMovieTheme said:
relax, no one is getting ripped.

:lol sorry, I'm just saying the "dude just made 31 enemies. even if no one wants to say it" made me feel bad for the guy. I'm not taking any offense for him, just wanted to come out and vouch for Jonsson here for being an upright dude.

I stand by my comment about the Chiefs. Even though I'm a lifelong Redskin fan. I'll post pics of my Darrell Green jersey if I need to prove it. =P

LiveWire

SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol sorry, I'm just saying the "dude just made 31 enemies. even if no one wants to say it" made me feel bad for the guy. I'm not taking any offense for him, just wanted to come out and vouch for Jonsson here for being an upright dude.

I stand by my comment about the Chiefs. Even though I'm a lifelong Redskin fan. I'll post pics of my Darrell Green jersey if I need to prove it. =P

Where are you in the NFL OT thread? I've never seen you declare your allegiance.

daw840

SnakeswithLasers said:

Whatever. I will post pics of a portion of my leg cast signed by Derek Thomas, and an autographed pic of Joe Montana in his true colors (Red and Gold)

Top Bottom