• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear BigJonsson Ive created this Madden Franchise League Begging Thread

LiveWire said:
Where are you in the NFL OT thread? I've never seen you declare your allegiance.

Do you need backup or something? What do I look like, Heath Shuler?

daw840 said:
Whatever. I will post pics of a portion of my leg cast signed by Derek Thomas, and an autographed pic of Joe Montana in his true colors (Red and Gold)

So we're in the same boat, since
derrick-thomas1.jpg
joe-montana.jpg
are the last good people on your team too.

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
Not trying to put you down or anything, but that's not our league you were in, so you are a newbie here. Not that you have any obligation to turn your team in. Just making it clear this is the OFFICIAL official league that's run since Madden went online. ;b
It was the official (and only) 360 league, ho! It's not my fault you multi-platform whores were afraid of RRODs!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wait, that is the perfect solution. Daw should get his favorite team (The Chiefs), BJ gets the awesome Vikings, and Matrix gets the Texans back.

Brilliant! [/Guinness commercial guys]

Wellington said:
Wait, that is the perfect solution. Daw should get his favorite team (The Chiefs), BJ gets the awesome Vikings, and Matrix gets the Texans back.

Brilliant! [/Guinness commercial guys]

done and done! i assume everyone agrees on these parameters and this will be taken care of.

p.s. but i need moss and culpepper trade back to the vikings.... for old times sake!

and now that brings me to an idea. i wish we could run PRIOR seasons in a franchise. like start our franchise from 1988 with those rosters :(

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
done and done! i assume everyone agrees on these parameters and this will be taken care of.

p.s. but i need moss and culpepper trade back to the vikings.... for old times sake!
(

Please tell me that everyone will agree to this. I think this is a perfect solution. I'll even give LJ back to the Chiefs if Daw doesn't want the 4th round pick (3rd if I win a playoff game), and he can trade him to Cincy or something.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and now that brings me to an idea. i wish we could run PRIOR seasons in a franchise. like start our franchise from 1988 with those rosters :(

The dream world to me would be being able to pick the year/roster set to start with and the draft would always be generated based on the upcoming year's actual players - someone could actually "win" the Ewing sweepstakes. The 80s and 90s period of basketball was so much more interesting to me than current NBA.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:

No way. I made a solemn vow to Slo that I would keep his Vikings warm for him this season. I cannot welch on that promise.

Lets start at the AFL/NFL merger.........league will grow as teams are added to the league........Jags and Panthers owners better be patient :p

Nightz

Fifty said:
Please tell me that everyone will agree to this. I think this is a perfect solution. I'll even give LJ back to the Chiefs if Daw doesn't want the 4th round pick (3rd if I win a playoff game), and he can trade him to Cincy or something.
Get me Laveranues Coles and improve Cedric Benson and my O-line guys to 80+ like they are in the current rosters while you're at it. :D

LiveWire said:
I'm fine with that.

Mark Rypien will return to greatness above-averageness.

daw840 said:
No way. I made a solemn vow to Slo that I would keep his Vikings warm for him this season. I cannot welch on that promise.

Like I said: Nobody in their right mind would take the Chiefs. Not even a Derrick Thomas-cast-signed Chiefs fan.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
fuck it, restart the league! :lol

Well, to keep it fresh, perhaps in lieu of season 3 with current progression, we have a fantasy draft and completely change the entire league? :lol Online franchise supports a fantasy draft right?

daw840

LiveWire said:
Well, to keep it fresh, perhaps in lieu of season 3 with current progression, we have a fantasy draft and completely change the entire league? :lol Online franchise supports a fantasy draft right?

This would be a ton of fun. I would even consider starting another league in a fantasy draft!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
daw840 said:

Pft. Shows what kind of fan you are

LiveWire

daw840 said:
This would be a ton of fun. I would even consider starting another league in a fantasy draft!

Or we could do another league too, good idea. Completely optional. Would be fun. :D

Fifty

I think Matrix and I can co-manage both teams. We take turns playing a game for each team. I am selfless!

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:

Eh, if we're not playing with real teams and real rosters, I think interest will wane.

Who would go first overall? AP?

And a full fantasy draft would take 3 hours at least..........how many rounds would it be? 40?

Birdman02

daw840 said:

Shameful!!! I doubt Slo would even notice.

I assume the fantasy draft would be a full 53 rounds. Didn't it take us a couple of hours do to a 7 round draft?

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
Eh, if we're not playing with real teams and real rosters, I think interest will wane.
I agree. I'm playing in another league where we did a fantasy draft. It's exciting at first, but it kinda gets old fast. We're headed into the playoffs of our second season, and I still feel weird having Roethlisberger in a Chargers uniform handing it off to LT and passing to Santonio Holmes and Brian Robiskie.

Fifty

Yeah, I agree. Another reason why fantasy leagues aren't as good is because you shouldn't have to study their depth charts to know who you're facing. Oh, I'm against the Niners..I guess I should gameplan for...Andre Johnson and Brian Urlacher?!

btw, let's keep talking about this and ignore Matrix's issues.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I'd be down with that but the NFC would come down to just me and you. :lol

My LB corps would be 2/4 hall of famers and Carl Banks who was a perennial all-pro. :lol (3-4 D).

Phil Simms and OJ Anderson too. :D

That would be too sweet for EA to ever do.

CB3

Wellington said:
I'd be down with that but the NFC would come down to just me and you. :lol

My LB corps would be 2/4 hall of famers and Carl Banks who was a perennial all-pro. :lol (3-4 D).

Phil Simms and OJ Anderson too. :D

That would be too sweet for EA to ever do.

Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, Keith Jackson, Reggie White, Mike Quick says hi

Nightz

The retro franchises would be awesome. But with my luck and knowing EA, I would finally get a chance to play as the Chargers, but the league would start when Ryan Leaf was drafted. :(

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, Keith Jackson, Reggie White, Mike Quick says hi

Why'd you forget Fred Barnett

Can we start in the year 1992 when the Colts had the 1 and 2 pick in the draft and ended up with Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt?

That was great.

daw840

Nightz said:
The retro franchises would be awesome. But with my luck and knowing EA, I would finally get a chance to play as the Chargers, but the league would start when Ryan Leaf was drafted. :(
:lol :lol

well, shockingly matrix is considering taking BJ's offer on what it would take to acquire the texans. i want to get a final confirmation from him before posting it, but it is a hefty price to pay.

can't say i wouldn't do it for the niners though if given the same situation. i really dont give a crap how awful my roster was (i won a superbowl with tim ratty, kevan barlow, and brandon lloyd!) i could never play with another franchise for an extended period.

CB3

The Rat is the second best QB the 9ers have seen this decade besides JGar

Edit:FMT check your pm box in a second. Question not a trade offer

Rorschach

So does this mean Bowe is off the table? ;b

AirBrian said:
It was the official (and only) 360 league, ho! It's not my fault you multi-platform whores were afraid of RRODs!
That's why I used TWO "official"s, slut!

Top Bottom