• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Canada - Please stop making coins that don't work in vending machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyne

Skippy%20Oh%20No.jpg

LakeEarth

Works in all the vending machines, you know, IN CANADA!

This obvious statement is brought to you by....

can2bear.gif

"I don't fit in your slot, bitch!"

Slo

If we were to move Canada to a location that is not in such close proximety to the United States, I'm sure we could avoid this type of inconvenience. Dear Canadians, as a favor to you beloved neighbors to the south, please coordinate a nationwide migration to Greenland and take you Monopoly money with you.

Slo said:
If we were to move Canada to a location that is not in such close proximety to the United States, I'm sure we could avoid this type of inconvenience. Dear Canadians, as a favor to you beloved neighbors to the south, please coordinate a nationwide migration to Greenland and take you Monopoly money with you.
Dear Americans

Our country is bigger than yours

Enjoy moving to Mexico

Sincerely, Canada

xsarien

daedsiluap
Dear Fellow Americans,
Stop bitching about coin money when most bill readers in vending machines are set to unreasonable sensitivity levels.

Signed,
President, The Fellowship of People Who Agree That Paper Money Sucks, LLC

xsarien said:
President, The Fellowship of People Who Agree That Paper Money Sucks, LLC
I wish to join.

Two years in Japan makes you realize that any paper currency worth under, say, ten bucks is ridiculous.

Kobun Heat said:
Two years in Japan makes you realize that any paper currency worth under, say, ten bucks is ridiculous.

The idea of a five dollar coin kind of concerns me, but I'll admit we're only one step away from hitting that ten dollar plateau.

You do realize they did try to introduce a 1 dollar bill like 4 years ago, and turned out to be a miserable failure. I hate coins. They are heavy, scratch up my cell phone, and cause too much noise. Heaven forbid you drop a handful that you are trying to sort out.

I love my bills, and the only reason I don't use them more often is because an ATM card is SOOOO much nicer.

ATM Card>Cash >>>>>>>>>>Coins

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
ConfusingJazz said:
You do realize they did try to introduce a 1 dollar bill like 4 years ago, and turned out to be a miserable failure. I hate coins. They are heavy, scratch up my cell phone, and cause too much noise. Heaven forbid you drop a handful that you are trying to sort out.

I love my bills, and the only reason I don't use them more often is because an ATM card is SOOOO much nicer.

ATM Card>Cash >>>>>>>>>>Coins

Sing it, sister. I rarely carry cash, I just put everything on my debit card. I don't even have a credit card, that way I can't spend more than I actually have. :)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ferrio said:
Putting coins in your wallet is so wrong.

Not in Japan... I once believed that it was wrong also... but Wallets with coin purses rock!

What the fuck, there's a reason why most wallets have a little pouch in them.

But no, I must be crazy. Sure, my coins don't make any sound, they don't scratch up my cell phone, and they don't fall out onto the floor when I try to pull them out of my pocket, but hey! At least... uh....

hmm.

I have actually never owned a wallet with a purse or pouch, just a place to put cards, money, and the place to put an id. The only thing close is that pocket space thats shitty for carrying POCKET change, because it always flys out on me when I open my wallet. If you consider that a pouch, thats a shitty ass pouch.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ConfusingJazz said:
I have actually never owned a wallet with a purse or pouch, just a place to put cards, money, and the place to put an id. The only thing close is that pocket space thats shitty for carrying POCKET change, because it always flys out on me when I open my wallet. If you consider that a pouch, thats a shitty ass pouch.

You need one with a snap button!

Rlan

Wait, You guys don't have a Wallet which has an outside section for change? Quit living in the past!

Every wallet I've seen pretty much has section on the back of the middle section which you put change. with a ZIP!!

Cards, Cash etc go on the inside.

Socreges

Banned
Miguel said:
Why not just go all out and get one with velcro. And a chain that is connected to your back pocket so you never lose it!
Or he could just get one with a snap button? What have you been smoking and can I have some?

My wallet has a change pouch. So far I've been free of any embarrassment or major incident.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Crikey, I would NEVER leave loose change in a pocket. It all goes into my wallet. Don't you "jingle" as you walk along with all that coinage in your pocket? It's be uncomfortable too.

Kon Tiki

Banned
I fell bad making them take a dirty toonie out of my mouth with thier snatch....er wait what was i complaining about?

LakeEarth

tenchir said:
Is it easier or harder to tell the difference between a forged coin and forge paper money? Just wondering.

It's really not worth forging fake coins. Too expensive, but I think if someone did a good job it might be hard to spot the difference. When you work as a cashier, you take in coins that aren't even from your country without realizing it. The other day I took something that was exactly like a quarter, but it wasn't... it was like 5 pence, but if I was just feeling it I wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom