• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite the influx of young and female fans, the Yakuza series will keep being about middle-aged guys doing middle-aged guy things, according to devs

NanaMiku

Well, if it ain't broke.

That said, it'd be cool to see some single player dlc that appeals to that new demographic. Could be fun.
They used to have younger characters in spinoff game

Kurohyou_Ryu_ga_Gotoku_Shinshou_JPN_PSP-Coverart.jpg

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Yea, I don't think it matter tbh, they'd just make some side game or spin off like we saw from Judgment if they even had one of the female characters have a title anyway

Like Reina's character (fun fact, she is voiced by Hiromi Tsuru the woman who voices Bulma in the DBZ series and Naomi in the MGS series., she passed away in 2017 R.I.P)

2c08418c3e6eeec95bf709fff2e9f47a46aebaa7.gif

They could also do one on Haruka

2991907-haruka.jpg
871ee1feab1ab4a60697cfdf420bbd44.jpg

or they can do one on a new character completely

file7tqjq3scnjqjnoo3hhi.jpg
7d7465dd3f2b80fe568079ababba7314.jpg
tattooed_female_japanese_yakuza_assassin__by_caseycolton_dgngvj8-pre.jpg

They can go current times gangster Yakuza

or they can go Lady Snowblood Edo Period Yakuza or something lol

o1AJ9qDyyJNSpZWhUgGYc3MngFqoAMy68ttAgKoLe5fRuphMg.png
feabf9831b70db64c68b86fc82a45780ad5e7d432362345d7338c5b00c51af2c.jpg
event_70768_original-1.jpeg

Because they've already done other games in this IP, they could just make it some side thing like we saw from Judgement or Kenzan, Ishin etc

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Persona 2 EP's slightly older cast is still the best the series has ever had.

I mean, I personally like so many other Persona titles cast more, but Persona 2's cast was still good. I've love to see a remake of 1 and 2 like we saw with Yakuza 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
its always... ALWAYS .... dumb to change a proven formula to anything new for new fans. . those new fans are fans of the current formula. You have to be really daft not to understand that basic concept.
Nintendo sells very similar games for decades and it works...
Fine tuning concepts for years through different iterations of the same series is what makes Nintendo a genius developper, not following whatever trend is at the moment.
This "you become better at something by perfecting your craft" philosophy is total bullshit as every western dev knows, since you're only as good as the virtue signaling you do.

It is starting to spread, though. Whether it succeeds or not, is on the whims of time.
Japan invented the very idea of Fanservice.

The idea is not just about titillation, but about knowing what your customers are after and delivering that to them regularly.

If you don't give your customers what they want, you lose them as customers. You can be a starving artist making artistic things that no one wants, if you wish. But if you want people to buy your product you better know what they are asking from you.

p.s. you can only vote with your wallet if you can buy or not buy a product. So if Xbox dreams come to pass and everything is just on game streaming, then the likes of Concord would just blend into the streaming service and no one would be able to tell that it failed.

ssringo

As a middle aged man I'm glad at least one franchise ain't afraid of featuring middle aged men and the (sometimes) dumb shit we talk/worry about.

Top Bottom