• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

And another unsuccessful night. Boomers aggroing (yes, used the no-shoot, under catwalk, and all of that), Crota rising early, Swordbearer wandering off to the far ends...just a lot of bad instances despite having the strategy and timing down. Some user error on my part as well (using blink too late, catching/bouncing off geometry).

Thank you to everyone involved. We had everything down and don't be discouraged from your future runs.

Edit: Hawkmoons? I don't think they exist.

I think everyone is doing CE at this point but is anyone up for Nightfall? Been so caught up with HM CE that I never got around to doing NF this week.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Lessen the grind? I've been playing since the day the game came out. I've been wanting a Gjallarhorn. While I've watched AFK people get a gun I've been grinding to get, or have heard of people getting it to drop for them multiple times.

This game is no fun without fun guns to shoot.

If you indeed work for Bungie, I can't see myself jumping on the Destiny 2 bandwagon after the mess-ups of this game.

Terrible story. Each planet feels like a big circle, instead of a world you feel like you can explore, and your loot tables and RNG is in the pits.

I'm just trying to be honest. I was having a blast playing this game, but when you grind the same strikes over and over, or open exotic chest after exotic chest over and over and there's no payoff, but lazy people get the payoff, there's something wrong with your game.

Deej says he listens to people, yet you created an artificial way to keep people invested in your ten year plan, which is this line of thinking -

Deej: Guys, we may have goofed. Game's ten year plan seems more like ten months, what do we do?
Bungie Employee 1: Well, since our DLC only offers 3 missions and a raid, we can keep people hooked in one way we never thought about.
Deej: What's that?
Bungie: So, everyone is saying they want the Gjallarhorn. How about we remove the ability for Xur to sell it, and make it super hard to get. This will keep people playing, surely.
Deej: Good idea.

Seriously. I already have so many friends who have moved on (rightfully so with a game so lite in content), yet I keep trying to give this game benefit of the doubt.

The grind is getting so frustrating (I know I'm not the only one) that it makes the game not fun, which means you guys' logic at Bungie by making a gun terribly hard to get, is a double-edged sword. Meaning, you guys being selfish with how us customers get weapons will backfire. Not a question of if, but when. I already know so many who have stated they won't fall for the same tricks Bungie put on their customers when marketing Destiny, when it comes to Destiny 2. I surely won't, not when the game gets so annoying by rewarding the wrong people with the right things.

You guys at Bungie fix cheese, but not glitches. You punish players by taking away their heavy ammo, and portals don't work all the time in VOG, while I've seen Crota chase me to the Deathsinger crystal, and you wonder why people cheese?

Gjallarhorn makes raiding fun. It helps us get through your broken game, and you keep it from people.

Customers will speak better with their wallets when it comes to Destiny 2. Unless their the foolish type who will read GameInformers reveal of Destiny 2, where Bungie will state how they learned from their mistakes, blah blah blah, just to get people eating out of their hand, but it will be the same crap. Dinklebot will state he needs time to open doors, which amounts to killing three waves of enemies over and over.

I'm about 2 weeks away from trading my game in. Allow Gamestop to make a profit off of this game, while Bungie gets none of that royalty. Why? Because this game got borderline unfun when you decided to keep players from shooting the good stuff, but keep giving us crap like No Land Beyond.

Qwell

My friend and I are down. 2 ballerhorns

Edit:
roc strike
I would love to join as well, can bring ghorn and any class you want at lvl 32 ... wife made me help someone move today and I didn't even know the person... haven't had a good solid chance at hard mode yet, but plenty of sword experience and know all the HM strats.

PS4 = Qwell

GameMaster78

Neo Member
So uhh I'm one hour away or so from 300 hours of total play time.

Still no Praxic, Ghorn, or Hawkmoon.

Trust me when I say you're not getting one.

Everytime I keep spamming strikes, it keeps giving me the Mida Multi-Tool over and over. The only other exotic I've gotten was a Monte Carlo and even then, I've gotten it twice.

Their loot system in this game is so jacked up, it's downright pathetic.

I've never seen a Hawkmoon. all I keep getting even from Crota's End are shards more than gear and weapons. No one has seen the Crux of Crota.

The game is seriously broken, but they want it to be that way. Fix what benefits them, while kicking players in the groin.

The game rewards certain players, when it should be rewarding every player. They won't allow for trading, because it would hurt them, not us.

It boils down to selfishness. No one should support companies who aren't for the customer.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I would love to join as well, can bring ghorn and any class you want at lvl 32 ... wife made me help someone move today and I didn't even know the person... haven't had a good solid chance at hard mode yet, but plenty of sword experience and know all the HM strats.

PS4 = Qwell

Was waiting for you to come so I can help you out.

Is this from the beginning or are we going straight to Crota?

I'm also in the no Hawkmoon club but I don't really need it other to add to my collection.

Frostburn

My issue with the reward/loot system is that I was a forever 29 waiting on raid boots on my Warlock for VOG HM and now I'm a forever 31 Warlock waiting on the CE Chest or Helm to drop. I've cleared CE every week from the first on my Warlock and still can't get to 32 due to the way loot is handled. In other similar gear games, gear makes you more powerful so you can be more effective in your role and do more damage. In Destiny gear determines your ability to even engage in end game content no matter your skill level due to bumping enemy level beyond what players can even reach. I have 2 Exotic chests with 36 light and 2 Exotic helms and yet all I've gotten from CE is boots and gloves and now I'm excluded/dismissed from CE Hard Mode. I've put a TON of time into my Warlock and have the least to show for it compared to my Hunter and now even Titan. I'm not saying let vendors sell lvl 32 gear but make "Smart Loot" a lot smarter per character so those that have put in the time can actually participate in Hard Mode CE. That or in the future or Destiny 2 think very carefully about letting gear dictate only power not levels.

Qwell

Was waiting for you to come so I can help you out.

Is this from the beginning or are we going straight to Crota?

I'm also in the no Hawkmoon club but I don't really need it other to add to my collection.
Sorry as I mentioned, wife made me help someone move today so just got home, I'm up for either, not sure if I'm making it into the group with iRawr or not.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sorry as I mentioned, wife made me help someone move today so just got home, I'm up for either, not sure if I'm making it into the group with iRawr or not.

I think Cosmos would make it three and if Driz were around that would be four. Dhruv would be five if he were around too because he likes swords but is terrible at mountain climbing. We can grab a random person from anywhere and still get it done because the team is already stacked.

sjay1994

Lies

Edit:eek:mg LIK get out of my head

10945712_10203456934007341_1337246975028325047_n.jpg

10945050_10203456933327324_8446996465185342379_n.jpg

Believe.

todd360

Trust me when I say you're not getting one.

Everytime I keep spamming strikes, it keeps giving me the Mida Multi-Tool over and over. The only other exotic I've gotten was a Monte Carlo and even then, I've gotten it twice.

Their loot system in this game is so jacked up, it's downright pathetic.

I've never seen a Hawkmoon. all I keep getting even from Crota's End are shards more than gear and weapons. No one has seen the Crux of Crota.

The game is seriously broken, but they want it to be that way. Fix what benefits them, while kicking players in the groin.

The game rewards certain players, when it should be rewarding every player. They won't allow for trading, because it would hurt them, not us.

It boils down to selfishness. No one should support companies who aren't for the customer.

I completely agree that there is a huge problem with loot. You sound pretty salty though. We have to accept the fact that we probably won't get the gear we want anytime soon or stop playing the game. Rngesus is a cruel mistress.

Trakan

How did releasing hard mode make the bugs ten times more prevalent?

The knight busts through the door before the glass breaks like, every time now and the sword is disappearing way more often.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Another flaw with this game is how old stuff becomes useless so fast.

As we keep getting crap from Xur, who himself has become a relic of the past, the game thus negates the need to do Weekly Heroic, thus making the game easy to quit.

I am sitting on 100+ Strange Coins. Why do Weekly anymore, when I know -

1: I won't be getting an exotic even though it says there's a chance
2: Xur will sell crap the following Friday

I have almost 200 Ascendant Shards. Shows how much of an afterthought everything pre-TDB became as of December 9th.

Top Bottom