• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again iceman and everyone for the CE run. Apologies for my fiancee singing "black hammer" at the top of her lungs. :p She likes to do that when I get a new weapon.

RetroMG

There is a button on the side that allows you to adjust the relative volume between game music and voice chat on the Sony golds. You can adjust it so that the music is totally silent and all you hear are your team-mates. If you can't hear your team after using this button then it's because of your friends mic's.

Whoa, seriously? I will try that.

GhaleonEB

This game has PvP? Whoops. 3 maps is nice.

Fair amount of loot too.

I think $20 is fair for what we got, I also see it as a premium over the base game of that makes sense.
I though it was a fair deal as well, but it also felt stretch too thin. There's a lot of territory to cover in each expansion, and they just didn't have enough time to build enough new stuff for the expansion. It felt more like an add-on pack of activities.

To turn this conversation into something a little more productive: what would make it NOT feel like a ripoff to you? Being reasonable of course.
Strikes: 3 new strikes. At least one set in all new or primarily new territory, from the expansion. I'm fine with some strikes being in familiar territory as they tend to use the spaces differently. But we should get at least one very new space.

Raid: Still one raid, but it should be larger and more substantial than Crota's End. The end boss should do more than stand around and wait for us to kill it.

Story: This is where TDB really fell flat, with the three very short core story missions. This needs a real quest, that covers new territory, and which have multiple parts. The quest line that Eris had was fun, but it felt very separate from the core three missions. I would like to see them woven together. Also, incorporate the vendors and others in the Tower into the story. It will help flesh them out.

Enemies: actual, new enemies. Not reskins.

Some things I'd like to see but am not expecting until Comet:

--New public events
--New Vanguard bounties
--New / enhanced patrol missions
--New class of weapons
--Another sub-class for each Guardian class

A larger, improved heaping pile of loot.

Added bonus: incorporate the Grimoire into the game. I didn't know until today, poking around b.net, that it gave in-game bonuses. 0_o

Shirow

Banned
OK whoever wants to do crota normal mode join up. I'm no expert so at least one of us with experience.
1. Garrison
2.illinyguy05
3.shem0275
4.rubenov25
5.seantendo64
6.thelamonster

patchday

Concur. I've had a lot of fun with, Destiny.
It's really weird. I can't deny I had fun, but I definitely wouldn't do it again. Maybe the games released in the same time frame were universally terrible. I really wish they were taking the time to add more to HoW. I can't scratch the niggling thought that the only reason they delayed HoW was to make us feel like our time with TDB wasn't wasted. We complained that completing the raid to be level 30 only lasted 3 months. Now our time is respected because TDB to HoW was a 5 month transition?

The Wookies have been pacified. Time to tech up so I can blow up Endor. I really hate Ewoks.

I'd look forward to the next dlcs if I knew they were actually adding to the game. But I have the feeling all it will do is obsolete VoG / Crota while not improving the base game (more vault, more character slots, larger glimmer pool). Bungie still thinking like a console dev were they push the game out the door and move on with their life. Not really working hard on customer service front. Bioware-ME3 MP was way more rapid fire.

Man we'd get balance patches every 2 weeks. And free DLCs!!! DGAF gotta give you guys props for hanging in there so long for real yo. We were all kinds of spoiled on me3 mp forums and the devs would post too

Thanks again iceman and everyone for the CE run. Apologies for my fiancee singing "black hammer" at the top of her lungs. :p She likes to do that when I get a new weapon.

Couldn't even hear that, think there were some mic problems. Either that or people just weren't responding to me after a certain point, but that would be weird.

todd360

Will there be more cloaks before Destiny 2? I don't know why, I just know I need them.

My poor figlet. Let me ease your sorrows with what could have been.

oracf3o.jpg

So the other night we ran two Nightfalls and a weekly. At the time, I was kinda proud of myself that I had the most kills. I felt like I was contributing.
like that time I was taking the sword to Crota and his damage bar barely moved, I guess
:p

Edit: waves at absentee double-posting Drizzy

Lol I figured it would be a double but it's such a pain copy-pasta'ing multi quotes on mobile. Really need to fix my lap top. So I can resume my 20MB, 500 word posts that like 3 people actually read, haha.

And you may have only scratched Scrota's tummy the first run, but you stomped him good the second time! :p Let's be honest, it was mostly Scarlets fault we wiped that first run, plus my scrubiness when Scrota blew up my rocket in my face with his boomer blast. I'll gif that up if I can find the clip, it was pretty great.

I just had to add another person to the guardian lord list. What the hell is with all these upstarts? Back in my day you couldn't even call it a list. Now everybody is a super guardian.]

I wonder how many on the list did VoG vs CE...

Lol I figured it would be a double but it's such a pain copy-pasta'ing multi quotes on mobile. Really need to fix my lap top. So I can resume my 20MB, 500 word posts that like 3 people actually read, haha.

And you may have only scratched Scrota's tummy the first run, but you stomped him good the second time! :p Let's be honest, it was mostly Scarlets fault we wiped that first run, plus my scrubiness when Scrota blew up my rocket in my face with his boomer blast. I'll gif that up if I can find the clip, it was pretty great.

That reminds me I need to make a clip of the "ultra dodge cause Crota wants to lag and super lunge" from last nights flawless run. Pretty sure the rest of the team (interesting more; we did both flawless runs with 5 people...gotta love bugs) had a heart attack when he swung for me.

shem935

Banned

I made a conscious choice as CE was approaching to sit out on the flawless raids and wait to see if Crota was easier. I ain't even mad.

BokehKing

Banned
normal, but without the chalice, and using the strategies that would apply fully to hard

I want to, but damn, I didn't even eat dinner yet lol
Damn... And walking dead is in too

I need to learn the sword too, I should have planned this day better.

I'm going to have to skip, I need to eat dinner, can't be skipping it

I'd love a sort of Horde mode for the game. Like......not a strike or dungeon, but an arena(or cut off an area from strikes/explore mode and make it a closed instance) where you fight harder and harder enemies. That you can solo or do with a group. You can bet glimmer on how far you get(And get more rewards if you reach it, bigger rewards the higher the wave).

It'd be fun and a good brain turn off. Thing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just walking my dog. Sword School peeps, I actually loaded in to the CP already and you can join on me if you're on my Friends already.

That reminds me I need to make a clip of the "ultra dodge cause Crota wants to lag and super lunge" from last nights flawless run. Pretty sure the rest of the team (interesting more; we did both flawless runs with 5 people...gotta love bugs) had a heart attack when he swung for me.

Lol sounds awesome. Flawless stories are my favorite. I could watch funny flawless clips all day. Glad you guys managed to finish him off. Shockingly I haven't seen a single instance of Scrota BS on any of my 8-9 flawless runs. Probably because some of those were done before they broke him with the patch and also because we play it safe in general.

GhaleonEB

Just walking my dog. Sword School peeps, I actually loaded in to the CP already and you can join on me if you're on my Friends already.

Nat's running a strike, should be a few minutes. Post or shoot her an invite if she's holding things up; should be ~5 minutes; they're almost at Flayers. They have shotguns.

phen0m24

Tried but apparently I'm not on your friends list
hate that error
So you might need to invite me hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom