• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition $19.99(NA)

oSoLucky

I searched and didn't see anything posted.

The deal is available at Toys R Us, which is also available for store pickup,

or

Amazon.

A couple of things to note:

- I just went in-store this morning to get an Xbox One version and the ticket said $29.99, so I thought the deal was over. Then I went out to my car, ordered it online for the lowered price and went and picked it up in less than 15 minutes. Talking to a rep, it seems the deal is online only.

- Amazon only has the Xbox One and last gen versions for this price. The PS4 version is at $26.99. If you're thinking about getting the game on last gen, read up on changes for that version going forward before jumping in.

- The Rise of Iron "expansion" costs $30 USD, so this is cheaper than waiting on Destiny: The Collection without GCU/Prime discount(and only $2 more with), but you'll get to play nearly a month earlier.

- You'll only get a level 25 character boost this way instead of a level 40 with RoI, which is essentially moot as it's no more than a couple hours of work at present. Also, it's very possible to have all 3 at 40 by the time RoI hits with just casual play.

First noticed courtesy of slickdeals.net

If anyone is just starting out on Xbox One, add me! I'll be trying to power level all 3 classes before RoI hits. If any Xbox players are in a reverse position, I'd be willing to trade some carries(even though you don't even really need it much anymore) as I have all classes >310 light on PS4.

If you don't have prime or GCU, this is the cheapest way to get into Year 3 of Destiny. Buying this then Rise of Iron digitally will cost you $49.98 before tax which is cheaper than buying Destiny the Collection for $59.99 before tax.

Destiny The Taken King fixed literally everything bad from Year One and I highly advised anyone on the fence with Destiny to buy it now. Sure the story isn't that good but the gun play and raids are so much fun. Destiny is probably my favorite game so far this generation.

If you don't have prime or GCU, this is the cheapest way to get into Year 3 of Destiny. Buying this then Rise of Iron digitally will cost you $49.98 before tax which is cheaper than buying Destiny the Collection for $59.99 before tax.

Destiny The Taken King fixed literally everything bad from Year One and I highly advised anyone on the fence with Destiny to buy it now. Sure the story isn't that good but the gun play and raids are so much fun. Destiny is probably my favorite game so far this generation.

Everything in this post speaks truth.

Bungie are absolute masters at gunplay

Top Bottom