• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destroy All Humans & Stalker delayed, MX for PSP launch, Nick license stays with THQ

cja

Latest THQ quarterly results

Choice quotes
Fiscal 2006 First Quarter

The company said that it plans to release three new original titles in the fiscal 2006 first quarter. Pandemic Studios' "Destroy All Humans!(TM)" and "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl" from GSC Game World are now scheduled to ship in April and May of 2005, respectively. In addition, the company plans to release "Juiced" in the fiscal 2006 first quarter

Product Development Momentum

THQ, consistent with its strategy to grow internal development capabilities, opened a new studio in the San Diego area. The new studio, Concrete Games, is focusing on next-generation console technology and development, and becomes THQ's ninth internally owned studio.

Handheld Leadership

THQ, building on its leadership on handheld devices, plans to launch "Ping Pals" for the Nintendo® DS portable game system in early December. "Ping Pals" takes advantage of the highly anticipated two-way messaging feature in the DS system. The company also plans to bring its market-leading kids and family brands to the platform, including games based on the Disney/Pixar films "Cars" and "The Incredibles," as well as SpongeBob SquarePants(TM) and Tak. In addition, THQ has four Sony PlayStation® Portable (PSP) titles in development, and plans to release its successful MX brand for the PSP launch.

In October 2004, THQ renewed its master interactive license agreement with Nickelodeon granting THQ worldwide interactive rights through 2010 to publish games based on all existing and future animated TV and movie properties targeting kids ages 6-14.

and cookie for bishoptl
We are extremely pleased with `Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War(TM)', which ranks as a top-selling title in multiple territories and we look forward to more ground-breaking games from Relic and our deep internal development studio organization."

also, over a million units estimated to ship for
1) The Incredibles
2) WWE Smackdown vs Raw
3) Spongebob Squarepants

Fiscal 2005 Third Quarter

Farrell said that the third quarter release schedule is highlighted by established mass-market brands, including three titles anticipated to ship more than one million units: "The Incredibles," "WWE SmackDown!(TM) vs. Raw(TM)" and "The SpongeBob SquarePants(TM) Movie." Other highly anticipated titles for the quarter include the recently released "Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams" and "The Polar Express."
Fiscal 2005 Fourth Quarter

Key product releases anticipated for the fiscal 2005 fourth quarter include: "The Punisher(TM)," from internal studio Volition in January; "MX vs. ATV Unleashed," from internal studio Rainbow in February; and "Full Spectrum Warrior(TM)" for PlayStation® 2 and "WWE(TM): Wrestlemania® XXI" in March.

BuddyC

Glad to see DAH delayed - it's a busy fall as it is, and that looked like one of the quality games that would slip through the cracks.

BuddyChrist83 said:
Glad to see DAH delayed - it's a busy fall as it is, and that looked like one of the quality games that would slip through the cracks.

I don't think it was ever slated for 2004. It was supposed to be Q1 2005 with some places listing dates anywhere from Jan - Mar 2005.

BuddyC

sonycowboy said:
I don't think it was ever slated for 2004. It was supposed to be Q1 2005 with some places listing dates anywhere from Jan - Mar 2005.
Yea, you're right. Oops.

Shipping 2.5 million copies of the Incredibles worldwide
Shipping 1.3 million copies of Spongebob Squarepants worldwide
Shipping 1.5 million copies of WWE Smackdown vs Raw worldwide

MX Unleashed going Greatest Hits next week (presumably Platinum Hits as well)

They also said they are extremely happy with the PSP price. They said they had heard the same stories as everyone else, about it being anywhere from $250 and up. And they expected it to be quite a bit higher.

Which makes it seem like Sony kept everyone in the dark and they were honestly surprised at the price point. They will only have one game at launch and 4 by the holidays, so maybe they were about it a bit afraid.

It's funny. All the analysts can talk about it the PSP and to a lesser extent the Nintendo DS. Of course, they are probably the most heavily invested in the handheld market, but they are stating that they are placing the "same bets on both platforms"

Price points:

They are stating that they have not decided on price points for either PSP or DS, but they are looking to see if $39.99 is a sustainable price point. They expect both systems to essentially have the same price points.

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Price points:

They are stating that they have not decided on price points for either PSP or DS, but they are looking to see if $39.99 is a sustainable price point. They expect both systems to essentially have the same price points.
They have decided on a $19.99 price point for their launch DS game though (Ping Pals)... I don't think DS software will come in at $39.99.

jarrod said:
They have decided on a $19.99 price point for their launch DS game though (Ping Pals)... I don't think DS software will come in at $39.99.

Goody for you. :D I don't think that Ping Pals is what they would call their "front line" or "premier line" type of game. I'm just telling you what they're telling analysts on the conference call. I'm kind of surprised you didn't listen to it since you're supposed to be Mr. handheld and THQ is the #2 handheld publisher in the world.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c=96376&eventID=950098

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Goody for you. :D I don't think that Ping Pals is what they would call their "front line" or "premier line" type of game. I'm just telling you what they're telling analysts on the conference call. I'm kind of surprised you didn't listen to it since you're supposed to be Mr. handheld and THQ is the #2 handheld publisher in the world.
I like good games... hence I'm not usually too interested in THQ news. :p

I'd just be surprised if DS games come in at $39.99, even for premier stuff. Nintendo's been pushing $29.99 and that's what the GBA market expects... I don't think THQ can get away with a $40 DS SpongBob.

Top Bottom