• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2..should I get it?

neptunes

I've never played diablo before and I always hear how my friend is addicted to it.

The game is 24.99 CAD at my local mall.

Is it too late to start the game for the first time?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
No, but its not to late to never play it. You might just lose your life.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
No

Fun game, but old ancient game that just doesn't cut it for me at least.

Plus the gameplay and graphics make my eyes bleed.

To each his own though. I definately had a lot of fun when it first came out.

It's true what they say, you can never go back.

BlackMage

Banned
It's a fun game. The best Dungeon Hack ever, IMO. It is an old game, though, so you may be disgusted with the graphics. I still play it off and on and have for about 4 years.

Malakhov

Banned
Definetly get it, it's the best dungeon hack game there is. I'd also grab the expansion pack Lord of Destruction if I was you.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Beware. It is perhaps the most addictive game I've ever seen. After however many years since its release now, I still end up popping it back in every few months and it ends up taking me over again every time.

You CAN'T just play it for a little while and then call it quits and walk away. The game beckons you. It wants your soul.

Make sure you get Lord of Destruction with it, though, and sign on to B.net to update to version 1.10.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo well okay.

If you do buy it you MUST buy the Lord of Destruction expansion and MUST login to bnet to patch to 1.10. Plain vanilla Diablo II is merely very, very good as opposed to "life-destroyingly fun."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
neptunes said:
I might hold off the expansion pack until later on.

What's the difference between the two?
Comparing DII and DII:LoD is sort of like comparing Godfather and Godfather Part II.

Part 1 is one of the best movies ever. Part 2 is better. Same here.

neptunes said:
I might hold off the expansion pack until later on.

*sigh*

No, really, you MUST BUY THE EXPANSION PACK. It's not optional.

In addition to a whole new (huge) act and two character classes, it adds a lot of new gameplay elements and balancing issues that just generally make the game better. Think of it as a sequel that improves the first game retroactively, too.

JackFrost2012 said:
*sigh*

No, really, you MUST BUY THE EXPANSION PACK. It's not optional.

In addition to a whole new (huge) act and two character classes, it adds a lot of new gameplay elements and balancing issues that just generally make the game better. Think of it as a sequel that improves the first game retroactively, too.
More importantly, it allows you to run the original game in higher res

Jason

Just pony up another 25 bucks and the Diablo Battle Chest. Diablo + Diablo II + LoD.

286124_f.gif

Prospero

Get the Diablo Battle Chest. D2+D2X are godly, but D1 is underrated--it's a prefectly good game that no one even bothers to touch anymore. D2+D2X is absolutely perfect gaming, though.

(
except for the Bloody Foothills of Act V.
)

Top Bottom