• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did any of the DQ Slime games ever come out in the US? If not, why?

Eric-GCA

Banned
I always hear about this series that sounds like Dragon Quest, but its called "Slime" something or other. Whats it about and has it ever left Japan?

jarrod

Banned
Slime Morimori, it's essetially a Zelda style ARPG where you play as a Slime. There's only one game so far (on GBA, came out last winter) but a DS sequel has already been announced. Evidently Square Enix USA passed on this (along with DQM3, the Torneko games and the DQ5 remake) because they're waiting on DQ8 to revitalize the franchise before bringing over any spinoffs. Fuck them! :/

Eric-GCA

Banned
Wow, there's only one game? I thought there's been a bunch of Slime Morimori games going back to the SNES days. I guess its a new thing then.

madara

Why? cuz its not GTA but DQ, where missing a ton dq games. Nothing shocking, just look at any rpg thread here, you can barely get "rpg fans" to agree on good ones. We're not brightest nation either, no quick frills we're not too interested seems to be the trend.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Eric-GCA said:
Wow, there's only one game? I thought there's been a bunch of Slime Morimori games going back to the SNES days. I guess its a new thing then.

I don't think Slime got a Fushigi no Dungeon, but you could be thinking of that series, which did have Torneko, that DQ merchant.

WarPig

Yeah, Slime Mori Mori is a new-ish franchise. They're doing another one on DS, though.

The overhead for a big GBA game like that is pretty stiff, and I can understand their passing on it given the popularity of the franchise here. It's a really goddamn good game, though. Real cute, real clever gameplay mechanics.

DFS.

jarrod

Banned
Square Enix better deliver the DS sequel though (along with the DS DQM) considering they're selfpublishing their DS games and manufacturing costs have slashed comparatively to GBA carts. I also better get DQ5 PS2 (hopefully bundled with a DQ6 PS2) at some point after DQ8 sets the world ablaze.

Oh and here's a list of every DQ release... sorted by developer...

ChunSoft
-Dragon Quest (MSX) 1986
-Dragon Quest (Famicom) 1986
-Dragon Quest II: Gods of Evil (MSX) 1987
-Dragon Quest II: Gods of Evil (Famicom) 1987
-Dragon Quest III: Into the Legend... (Famicom) 1988
-Dragon Quest IV: The Chosen Ones (Famicom) 1990
-Dragon Quest V: The Bride of Heaven (Super Famicom) 1992
-Dragon Quest I+II Reprise (Super Famicom) 1993
-Mysterious Dungeon: Torneko's Great Adventure (Super Famicom) 1993
-BS Dragon Quest (Super Famicom BS-X) 1998
-Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko's Great Adventure 2 (PlayStation) 1999
-Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko's Great Adventure 2 Advance (Gameboy Advance) 2002
-Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko's Great Adventure 3: The Mysterious Island (PlayStation 2) 2002
-Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko's Great Adventure 3 Advance (Gameboy Advance) 2004

Team Heartbeat
-Dragon Quest VI: The World of Illusion (Super Famicom) 1995
-Dragon Quest III Reprise: Into the Legend... (Super Famicom) 1996
-Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (PlayStation) 2000
-Dragon Quest IV Reprise: The Chosen Ones (PlayStation) 2001

Tose Software
-Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland (Gameboy Color) 1998
-Dragon Quest I+II (Gameboy Color) 1999
-Dragon Quest III: Into the Legend... (Gameboy Color) 2000
-Dragon Quest Monsters II: Marta's Mysterious Key: Ruka's Adventure (Gameboy Color) 2001
-Dragon Quest Monsters II: Marta's Mysterious Key: Iru's Journey (Gameboy Color) 2001
-Dragon Quest Monsters I+II Reprise (PlayStation) 2002
-Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (Gameboy Advance) 2003
-Slime Morimori Dragon Quest: The Shocking Tails Brigade (Gameboy Advance) 2003
-Dragon Quest (mobile) 2004
-Dragon Quest Monsters New Work (Nintendo DS) tba
-Slime Morimori Dragon Quest New Work (Nintendo DS) tba

Square Enix Division 9
-Kenshin Dragon Quest (toy) 2003

ArtePiazza
-Dragon Quest V Reprise: The Bride of Heaven (PlayStation 2) 2004

Level 5
-Dragon Quest VIII: The Sky, the Sea, the Earth and the Cursed Princess (PlayStation 2) 2004

Top Bottom