• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DidYouKnowGaming: Every Cancelled Nintendo 64DD Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today DidYouKnowGaming takes a look at every cancelled Nintendo 64DD game, covering games from many franchises like Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Resident Evil, Dragon Quest, and even more ill-fated N64 games.

Special thanks to Japanese translator Jacob, Eurasia_M for footage capture, & LuigiBlood for consulting/proofreading.

K' Dash

As a teenager I didn’t have the money to buy a N64 but dreamed about going to my friends house and playing the DD games.

We were really disappointed when they announced they weren’t going to bring it to America 😢

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I think they had the 64DD as kind of a promise for developers that were concerned about the cartridge format.

Drew1440

So much potential, the technology just wasn't there yet :messenger_pensive:

They still had limited capacity (64MB) the same as some of the higher end cartridges released late into the 64's lifetime. They would have been better off with a 8x speed disc drive, or even a ZIP or a LS120 drive instead that can hold up to 120MB.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

DYKG continues to dive into every cancelled Nintendo 64DD game, covering series like Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Earthbound, Donkey Kong & more ill-fated N64 games.

PeteBull

DD stands for?
DD_Blog_Post_765x.progressive_4fbc5d3c-7b3b-4fc3-9211-8b2c854df1d7_2048x.progressive.jpg

giphy.webp

really wanted the 64dd to be released back in the day.
was mostly excited for new n64 hardware, didnt really care what it was.

lame it didnt offer any extra processing power.
and loading times for attacks in zelda? no thanks.

Why are these $3000 on ebay
only ~15k sold. pretty rare.
basically useless though.
i want one.

RAIDEN1

Some say the channel should be called "Did you know (Nintendo) gaming, as they tend to slant heavily towards Nintendo related content, much less anyone else

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
If the damn thing had been a CD drive and added some extra power i think it would have done ok. nintendo could have got some japanese 3rd parties on board, ect

marquimvfs

really wanted the 64dd to be released back in the day.
was mostly excited for new n64 hardware, didnt really care what it was.

lame it didnt offer any extra processing power.
and loading times for attacks in zelda? no thanks.

only ~15k sold. pretty rare.
basically useless though.
i want one.
I want one just for the F-Zero expansion alone.

Top Bottom