• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Graphically its fine. Performance wise, PS3 performed better than Wii U by a relatively large margin when I had them both.

How did both look resolution-wise? Wii U version looks sub-720p. :(

Edit: I just gave the Wii version a spin. WOW, in the MU set, it's shockingly close to the HD version visually.

Faces have no animation, and the intro is gimped to only feature a montage clip of the HD versions.

Will record footage from my Hauppauge soon. :)

I wonder if they'll do costume variations for the Marvel heroes. I really want classic purple Hawkeye.

They will. I don't remember if they're on physical discs or if they're an in-game-only thing (probably the former, bleed the wallets Disney) but there are many (but not all) characters with alternate costumes.

Seems like all the ad deals for Disney Infinity 2.0 have been leaked except for Wal-Mart and I kind of doubt that they're going to do anything. If I recall last year their website had the 3 packs on sale about half off and you could price match in store but that was it.

Best Buy

Buy the Starter Pack and 2 figures to receive one free. Possible stacking with the free preorder figure.

GCU members get their regular discount on figures and accessories.

Target

2 free power disc packs with purchase of a playset.

20% off all accessories (excluding power discs and figures)

Toys R US - No ad leak I could find but Vinylmation Kingdom seems to have received some PR.

Figures 3 for 33.00

Power Discs 3 for 10.00

$10 off $75 purchase of regularly priced items with mailing list coupon. If you buy the starter pack and the cheapest accessory it may be a deal. I'm going to try to see if it will work on the sale items.

Not as crazy as last year but I was worried that everything was going to be MSRP. Kind of nice to not go to 3 or 4 stores to get the best deal on everything but have the feeling that the stores are going to be a lot busier.

Dragoshi1

Amazon is still doing a pretty good Value bundle.

$119.99 gets you;
The starter
Spiderman playset
Venom
Rocket
Cap
Disc Pack

This is what I'm getting plus one Groot.

Yeah, both Amazon value bundles are a pretty good deal. I would have probably gone for that but I got a preorder in at Target before those bundles went up.

I plan on getting:

Starter Pack W/ free Captain America
Spider-Man playset W/ 2 free power disc packs
GOTG playset W/ 2 free power disc packs

Still debating whether or not to go in for 3 more figures and some disc packs at Toys R Us. Would really like to get Rocket, Groot, and Venom.

Keb

Neo Member
My brother and I just picked up the Wii U version of Inifinity 1.0 a few days ago. We are trying to play together online, and are having a lot of trouble connecting. Is there an issue with the servers or something right now?

We send invites, but aren't getting them. When we do, we often get "can't connect to game error messages. Any thoughts or known issues we might want to know about?

Thanks!

Oh, he is on the disc and I am using the digital version. I know some people have had problems with the disc. Perhaps that is the issue.

Sora_N

After picking up Anna and Elsa, I'm tempted to pick up the game so I can play as them.

I think I'm only able to get the Wii version, found a store clearancing it for $20.

Is the Wii competent enough for me to play the 3 basic playsets that come with the game? I don't think I'll worry too much about Toy Box.

EDIT: Also is it playable without opening the toys from the package (like Skylanders)?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, if I get 2.0 on Wii U, will the portal work if I take advantage of that free 1.0 download?

And when does that 1.0 offer end?

FyreWulff

So, if I get 2.0 on Wii U, will the portal work if I take advantage of that free 1.0 download?

And when does that 1.0 offer end?

from the site

https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility

DISNEY INFINITY BASE

If you have a physical base from Disney Infinity, it will work for Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) in most cases. The exception is that the Xbox 360 base only works on Xbox 360, and does not work on Xbox One. Neither of the Xbox or 3DS bases work on other platforms.

Seems like you're good to go as long as it's not an Xbox portal

lupinko

Does anyone know if the toys are region locked? I bought the Elsa and Anna set when visiting Canada but I'm back in Japan now.

I primarily game on 3ds and I see the first game starter set for cheap. But I have heard how bad the 3ds game is.

Top Bottom