• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you care about high scores?

TheMan

I'm playing through Vanquish right now (awesome game, btw) and it gives you a points breakdown after every level. I know some people care about that kind of thing, but when I think about I realize that I have never given a shit about getting high scores before. Maybe that's a byproduct of getting into games after the era of single screen games where high scores were the goal.

So GAF, do you care?

TheMan

Oops, I have no idea how I posted this in the Community forum. Sorry. Reposting in game forum now...

histopher

I have never really cared about them, mostly cared about finishing games, and usually then I wouldn't bother to get 100% or anything like that. I think the only game I ever finished 100% was DKC3. Those damn Banana Birds!

Some games though where it's purely about the score can suck me in. At the moment I'm doing pitifully at Baloon Fight on VC/3DS, but bettering my score on that feels good.

Grinchy

Banned
If the only incentive I have is to beat someone else's high scores, I kind of care. I remember even competing with someone in Super Rub a Dub after he sent me a message mocking my scores.

A game like vanquish, though, I probably wouldn't care about scores very much.

Top Bottom