• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DODGEBALL: A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY / ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

moist

I loved it, any movie featuring cameos by both
David Hasselhoff and Chuck Norris
is good in my book.

Socreges

Banned
The Hasselhoff cheer had me laughing. But actually having him as the coach and yelling in German was just classic.

Pachinko

I thought dodgeball was a funny movie, nothing more to it then that. I went with 2 friends and one of them thought it was terrible , basically rolled his eyes evertime the move tried to make a funny. The other one thought it was ho hum but she was laughing quite a bit at some parts.

I'd rank it as- cheap theatre delight/ rent it on dvd. I can't say its good enough to warrent a full priced theatre ticket. Vince Vaughn just can't carry a movie very well on his own.

Trivia for some of you- the guy that played the crazy dude with the mail order bride- is he the voice of that character in king of the hill whose name suddenly excapes me.. the one that isnt' hank , dale or boomhower.

Dodgeball wins the weekend with (estimated) 30 million, beating out the new Tom Hanks movie. Dodgeball was only supposed to make about 22 million by analysts' reports.

yoshifumi

Banned
its funny because the guy who plays bill looks exactly as bill would look like in real life. at least in dodgeball he does, maybe he looks less idiotic in real life.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Saw this on Saturday night. Went in with low expectations even after reading the glowing reviews on the board, but man it was funny. The scene with the pizza and the midget humping a doorknob line was just great.

What was the scene after the credits? I was with a bunch of friends and we had to get to a party so we left right after it finished so I missed it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Great crazy little movie. I liked Zoolander better, though.

I almost ripped my gut laughing when Patches had his speach about
Drinking his own urine
and when Stiller said what I expect to become a next catchphrase on the level of 'Damn the Patriots'
Fuckin' Chuck Norris...

What was the scene after the credits? Was it the one what I just put in the spoiler tags?

Finally saw the movie last night. LOVED IT.

I was dying laughing when White Goodman tried to seduce Kate at her house, and then hopped on the back of the moped and rode away flipping them off. Classic

Jason Bateman as Pepper Brooks had me in stitches (along with Gary Cole's Cotton McKnight) as the game announcer.

Also, for those who haven't seen it yet, STAY PAST THE CREDITS! Everyone but 2 other people in my theater left, and they missed on of the funniest things:

Fat White Goodman saying to the audience "Oh, you want a little funny for your ride home?! FINE!", and proceeds to grab his man-boobs as he sings the "Milkshake" song.

B'z-chan

Banned
Milton will live on. Oh yeah.... Dont get this sad sap down... He's coming for ya.

Great movie. I heard that they toned it down a lot and cut full segments of the stoory out to get the rating that the studio wanted. But none the less it was freaking funny as hell. Cant wait to see the dvd.

I'll go see the rest of the movie some other time.

B'z-chan

Banned
God this movie is even funnier a second time.

Does anyone know the name of the song when White is putting on his stuff and goes over to that girls house? Jump on it Jump on it. It gets stuck in my head.

FnordChan

Just caught Dodgeball last night, at a suprisingly crowded Wednesday night showing. Dodgeball is exactly the goofy fun it's advertised as being. Alas, for whatever reason, Ben Stiller did absolutely nothing for me in this flick; I thought almost all of his lines fell completely flat. But, between the training film, ESPN8, and the tournament itself, the rest of the flick more than made up for it. Fact: seeing someone get hit in the face with a dodgeball is inherently amusing.

The highlight gag for my group, involving halloween costumes gone horribly wrong and a long running in-joke, was defintely
The Dirty Sanchez
. I damn near wept tears of joy. And, yes, the post-credits bit is worth sticking around for, in a mind-scarring sort of way.

Finally, allow me to point out the obvious. First, Christine Taylor is devestatingly cute in braids. Second, Alan Tudyk rules
even if the film didn't know what to do with his character in the last reel

FnordChan

Mason

Saw Dodgeball last night. Hot damn this movie was funny. This is exactly the kind of comedy I love; it's not side-splitting hilarious the entire time, but it's consistently funny and there are lots of clever little jokes to pick up on. Definitely want to see it again.

BTW, I IMDB'd writer/director Rawson Marshall Thurber, and it turns out he also wrote and directed that Terry Tate, Office Linebacker commercial a couple years ago. Crazy.

bionic77

B'z-chan said:
God this movie is even funnier a second time.

Does anyone know the name of the song when White is putting on his stuff and goes over to that girls house? Jump on it Jump on it. It gets stuck in my head.

Whenever I hear that song I always think of that one episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air where Carlton and Wil were doing some sort of stripper dance at their mother's country club.

Mason

I want the song that was playing when they're walking out onto the court as the final match is about to begin.

Guzim

DODGEBALL:
A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY

Domestic Total as of Jun. 22, 2004: $40,857,334

Production Budget: $20 million
Est. Marketing Costs: $30 million

Go Dodgeball!

mattx5

I saw it yesterday, it was pretty damn funny for what it was. Some of the one liners fell a bit flat, but all the in-jokes and cameos made up for it :p

"1, 2, 3, Hasselhoff!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom