• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the Negcon work with GT3?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
negcon.jpg

I love this puppy but lost it oh so many years ago. Friend of mine is gonna fish his out of storage so I just want to confirm that it's compatible. When GT4 drops, I'll just go the Logitech wheel route, but for now (and for RRV), I can't wait to twist to my hearts content.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
You twist to turn. It's a love hate thing. Strange at first, then before you know it, you'll be trying to twist your dual shock/II out of habit.

It was the first controller ever to use analog face buttons as well, even though the throw is way too deep.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Gattsu25 said:
wow....that looks ugly and uncomfortable

how does it work, exactly?

It's awesome! First, it's actually very comfortable, second, the triggers are analog (Xbox style, not DS2 style) and the two red face buttons are also analog--nice and recessed for some good variation w/ pressure. You actually "twist" the middle--same idea behind a steering wheel really and that also has a great range of pressure. I used to kick all kinds of ass w/ Rage Racer w/ this thing.

Edit:

Damn. Damn you, GT3! Damnnn yoooouuuu!!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^

You'd lose rumble anyway, which IMO is a huge part of the GT3 experience.

bjork

Defensor said:
I wish this worked with GT3 and other PS2 racing games besides RRV:

namco-jogcon.jpg

Agreed. I have two of the R4 sets that came with the JogCon, but no more games to use with them. :(

Vormund

bob_arctor said:
second, the triggers are analog (Xbox style, not DS2 style) and the two red face buttons are also analog--

Only one of the triggers is analogue...the one above the Dpad if I remember correctly.

Unique controller...I should bring it out along with my Wipeout games. :)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
bob_arctor said:
negcon.jpg

I love this puppy but lost it oh so many years ago. Friend of mine is gonna fish his out of storage so I just want to confirm that it's compatible. When GT4 drops, I'll just go the Logitech wheel route, but for now (and for RRV), I can't wait to twist to my hearts content.

check *this thread*

Vormund said:
Only one of the triggers is analogue...the one above the Dpad if I remember correctly.

Both triggers are analogue. The neGcon takes some getting used to, but it feels really natural once you do. The twisting motion feels like it uses the same muscles as turning a steering wheel. It's a really nice solution for those of us who don't have a table to which to mount a wheel controller (or the money for one).

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Does the PS2 version of Namco's recently released racing game, R: Racing Evolution, work with the Namco JogCon controller?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
dog$ said:
Does the PS2 version of Namco's recently released racing game, R: Racing Evolution, work with the Namco JogCon controller?
Sadly no :(
Looks like Ridge Racer V was the first and last PS2 title to support it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Defensor said:
Sadly no :(
Looks like Ridge Racer V was the first and last PS2 title to support it.

Defensor...did you know that RRV has REAL force feedback? And that is someone were to port the electronics from the JogCon over to the Logitech FF wheel it would deliver true FF?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
isamu said:
Defensor...did you know that RRV has REAL force feedback? And that is someone were to port the electronics from the JogCon over to the Logitech FF wheel it would deliver true FF?
I never really knew it delivered true force feedback until Gek54 told me months back. Gek54 even made a little racing setup with the Jogcon too...
That link you provided was interesting. Let me know who it goes.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Defensor said:

What a load of shit.

I've been waiting for R: Racing to dip to $25-$30 range on ebay so that I could at least have another game to use the Jog with. I didn't think there'd even be a question for the controller's support since RRV had it. Garbage.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
dog$ said:
What a load of shit.

I've been waiting for R: Racing to dip to $25-$30 range on ebay so that I could at least have another game to use the Jog with. I didn't think there'd even be a question for the controller's support since RRV had it. Garbage.
R. Racing is already $8.99 at Ebgames new and $5 new for the Xbox(out of stock though). I'm still dissapointed too at the lack of Jogcon support for R. Racing.

Top Bottom