• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the Nintendo DS have a street date?

CoryCubed

Probably old news (insert timeline pic if so) but I got a memo today at work saying there is no street date and that as soon as our DS's and games come in we can sell them. The memo said November 17th is when to expect them in.

BTW this is for GameRush.

CoryCubed

Odd because we got a thousand saying DO NOT RENT or SELL Halo 2 till street date. Employees are not allowed to rent early as well (odd considering we can rent everything else).

Tortfeasor

Typically 3rd party games that accompany a system launch are sold before the system if they come in early. Not a big deal and happens every launch cycle... Hardware (and sometimes 1st part titles) is a different story.

CoryCubed said:
Probably old news (insert timeline pic if so) but I got a memo today at work saying there is no street date and that as soon as our DS's and games come in we can sell them. The memo said November 17th is when to expect them in.

BTW this is for GameRush.

Cool! It would be nice if the rest of the retailers could confirm this.

Since most if not all preorders are sold through, it wouldn't make a difference who got what when.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Someone here will get one on the 17th and GAF will once again become the center of all things gaming on the internet :p

BuddyC

Against my better judgement (no offense Cory), I preordered a DS at my local GameRush. So, here's hoping.

The local Game Crazy's say they are getting theirs in on the 15th and will be selling them on the spot. They also say no pre-orders: first-come, first-serve.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tortfeasor said:
Typically 3rd party games that accompany a system launch are sold before the system if they come in early. Not a big deal and happens every launch cycle... Hardware (and sometimes 1st part titles) is a different story.
Untrue. My store was allowed to sell GBA SPs the instant we got them. And that was over a week before launch date.

What about places like EB? I know there was a street date on the GameCube, because the Wal-Mart I bought mine at would not sell them until the stroke of midnight on the launch day, even though they had said they got them a few days prior. Can we expect places like Wal-Mart and EB and GameStop to hold them until the 21st? I imagine that Nintendo will have them to these stores by the 18th, 19th, or maybe 20th at the absolute latest.

BuddyC

If GameRush is being told they can sell them when they get them, expect Wal Mart, EB and the like have received similiar instructions.

Top Bottom