• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does your boss/employer text you?

TaterTots

Banned
Yesterday I had a interview and received a job offer the same day. This morning I wake up to find several text messages from the "boss." This has me concerned lol. I believe I walked into a "hey can you work today LOL #comein" type of situation. It feels odd to me because I've never had a boss shoot me texts before. When did employers shift from calling you to sending you texts? It's just off to me.

Does your boss/employer shoot you text messages? If so, does it bother you or do you even care?

Sayad

Had a job where most of my communication with my boss is through text even when I'm in the office, which is a corridor away from his! Never got a "hey can you work today LOL #comein", but there was a lot of "where are you? why aren't you in the office! #EveryFuckingSaturday".

bjork

I had a boss that tried that with me. I told him that unless I was on call, or he started paying my personal phone bill, to stop it. Haven't had a text or a call since, he just lets me work.

Kieli

I had a boss that tried that with me. I told him that unless I was on call, or he started paying my personal phone bill, to stop it. Haven't had a text or a call since, he just lets me work.

Yeah, I'd just tell the person to keep it professional.

It'd be great if your co-workers are awesome, but much more likely they'll stab you in the back to get that promotion.

Top Bottom