• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog visits dying owner in hospital to give heartbreaking goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned

All about perspective. Work at the children's oncology ward and realize that 33 years is a hell of a lot compared to the hand some kids are dealt. Occasionally the human body just fails people in the worst way.

My aim is not to downplay this tragedy, obviously.

gamma

All about perspective. Work at the children's oncology ward and realize that 33 years is a hell of a lot compared to the hand some kids are dealt. Occasionally the human body just fails people in the worst way.

My aim is not to downplay this tragedy, obviously.

That depends on the life he lived though. Some people have it rough early and better as they get older.

Astral Dog

That depends on the life he lived though. Some people have it rough early and better as they get older.
Of course its about how we live, but still i only said that we can hope those 33 years were good and it seems they were, thats all. If he was younger than 20 i see it but understand 30 years or older is a full life.

Not to change the subject so sorry, these "lols" are strange

jett

D-Member
That dog had absolutely no idea what's going on. She'll likely go the rest of her days waiting for her owner to return.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That dog had absolutely no idea what's going on. She'll likely go the rest of her days waiting for her owner to return.
8wsQf5r.jpg

Amikami

Banned
Of course its about how we live, but still i only said that we can hope those 33 years were good and it seems they were, thats all. If he was younger than 20 i see it but understand 30 years or older is a full life.

Not to change the subject so sorry, these "lols" are strange

33 is a long time don't get me wrong but c'mon, a full life? Certain aspects of this is certainly about perspective, but average lifespan isn't. 33 isn't even half the average. Most people are just getting started in their careers by their late 20s and early 30s these days. Same for starting families. 33 is not a full life. Working hard for 24+ years to die at 33 would not be a full life.

I know you didn't mean any harm and theres really no harm in what you're saying but I kinda understand the lol responses. You come off as not really knowiing what old age is which I'm sure you do.

This is hitting me hard as I lay in a hospital bed after suffering from a stroke.

I'm in my mid 20s.

:/

Get better. I'm sorry to hear this.

Friggz

i encourage everyone to also be an organ donor. the best part of this story was the teenager that received a new heart.

Least there was some good out if it since his heart was donated and is expected to be transplanted to a 17 year old that needs it. :/

LoveCake

I wouldn't be so sure, there has been research done on dogs in relation to human illness and that they can detect certain illnesses including some cancers, Mollie may not have known about the illness but if the two were that close then Ryan not being around for a while, and how the other family members were acting in the house, then the journey to this place where Ryan was laying and not moving, Mollie may have been able to know something was wrong, and in time when wondering where Ryan is, remember what had happened on that day and the days/weeks leading up to that last meeting, we have no way of knowing, but personally I do think there is enough plausible evidence that Mollie knows (or in time will know) that Ryan didn't leave of his own accord.

http://www.globalanimal.org/2012/05/02/dogs-sniff-out-cancer/
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/can-dogs-sense-when-youre-sick.html

This is hitting me hard as I lay in a hospital bed after suffering from a stroke.

I'm in my mid 20s.

:/

Sorry to hear this, wishing you a swift and full recovery.

jett

D-Member
I wouldn't be so sure, there has been research done on dogs in relation to human illness and that they can detect certain illnesses including some cancers, Mollie may not have known about the illness but if the two were that close then Ryan not being around for a while, and how the other family members were acting in the house, then the journey to this place where Ryan was laying and not moving, Mollie may have been able to know something was wrong, and in time when wondering where Ryan is, remember what had happened on that day and the days/weeks leading up to that last meeting, we have no way of knowing, but personally I do think there is enough plausible evidence that Mollie knows (or in time will know) that Ryan didn't leave of his own accord.

http://www.globalanimal.org/2012/05/02/dogs-sniff-out-cancer/
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/can-dogs-sense-when-youre-sick.html

Sorry to hear this, wishing you a swift and full recovery.

I think there's a huge gap between dogs sensing when you're sick and them understanding the concept of death.

Blue Lou

A few months ago when I was at the hospital, someone had rode a horse to the hospital entrance to say goodbye to its owner. The owner was wheelchair bound with several tubes attached to her and she broke down in tears and gave the horse a big hug. It wasn't nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom