• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don Bradman Cricket 2014 |OT| - Finally a good cricket game!!

Zapages

folks at planetcricket are in an uproar on the IGN review... They are saying the review should be reviewed again because its too harsh...

I am going to get the game on PS3 and then on summer Steam sale for the PC. :)

This arrived in the post this morning, haven't played it but had a brief glance through the manual and holy shit the bowling controls seem convoluted.

Zapages

This arrived in the post this morning, haven't played it but had a brief glance through the manual and holy shit the bowling controls seem convoluted.

Ignore the manual controls for bowling because they are wrong and were changed… Just do the in game tutorial.

Also the patch is coming either next week or the week after, which will fix most of the issues in the game. Also another patch will becoming before PC release.

PC version will have both patches in the game before the release of it.

Ignore the manual controls for bowling because they are wrong and were changed… Just do the in game tutorial.

Also the patch is coming either next week or the week after, which will fix most of the issues in the game. Also another patch will becoming before PC release.

PC version will have both patches in the game before the release of it.

I just jumped right into an online game against a friend without doing any tutorial nonsense, bowled about a million no-balls :(

Seems alright though, will mess around with the career mode a little over the weekend if I get some time.

It's not barely any turn, it's zero turn. Ever.

The googly moves a little, if you drift or flight it with a leg-spinner it turns off the pitch but if you select a leg-break it goes straight on regardless of how many revs you put on the ball :(

Not that it makes much difference to your ability to bowl, bowling is way OP on Pro level in my career mode. Balanced out by the fact that it's a minor miracle if I can face an entire over when it's my turn to bat.

Zapages

I am waiting for the first patch or so to start the career mode as it will fix some of the issues that we are having… :)

They are two patches and I will get the PC version during the Steam sale event… The game is good, but my God the online needs to be fixed in terms of lag and batting. :\

Nbz

The GB quick look of this game is hilarious, they have no idea what they are doing and it is gold. That said, this looks pretty mechanically sound, not played a Cricket game since PS1, may have to check it out

JoV

Picked this up on PC about a week ago. It's clearly a labor of love, they set out to make the best damn cricket game they could, and got really, really close to it. But right now it really needs patching imo. Batting is a nightmare as your shots just float in the air, particularly straight drives and cross bat shots. Spent hours in the nets thinking it might be my timing (playing on pro), but it happens all the time regardless. Looking at other forums, seems to be a widespread complaint too.

Bit of a pity, as it sucks most of the realism out of the game. Otherwise its fantastic. Once they hopefully fix things, this will be the cricket game I had always been hoping for.

Top Bottom