• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Glover Presents (03.15.2020) is one of the best musical experiences of the last decade.

DonJorginho

Banned
DISCLAIMER: BY PAST DECADES I MEAN THE 2010'S AND NOW.

Donald Glover (otherwise known as Childish Gambino), has produced an album of quality that very few artists can match nowadays.

With one of the most diverse careers and discographies of any creative individual, Donald has went from stand-up comedy, to acting and then music and fashion, nailing every aspect of the industries he mingled with.

DGP is the result of a artist hitting the sweet spot of their career, with the album taking influences from greats like Michael Jackson, Prince, Queen and Kanye West to produce a truly memorable and unique experience that very few artists can achieve.

This is not to say that the album feels like a copy of those artist's work, Donald Glover flawlessly introduces his own flair to the point where it oozes through the seams of the 57 minute runtime the album lays out before you.

From the trippy nature of We Are, to the mellow soundscapes of songs like Time, The Violence and Vibrate, to the absolute masterful moments of madness in songs like Under The Sun and Warlords, Donald has something for everyone and finds a way to merge all these conflicting sounds and styles to create a beautiful amalgamation of concepts.

I can promise you that at some point, this album will mostly click with all of you. For some it may be an instant love, some may take a few listens, others a few weeks of retrospect.

But when this album finally reaches the elements of your musical mind, you will be in love, just like I am.

Donald Glover Presents is a once in a decade musical experience, and is something I urge you to listen to at some point, as this truly magnificent piece of art deserves all the attention it can get.

Last edited:
I consider myself a big Childish Gambino fan but I didn’t know a new album dropped

Thanks for the heads up

Sweatpants is one of the best songs ever imo

Bonfire up there too

I’ll check this out tonight

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I consider myself a big Childish Gambino fan but I didn’t know a new album dropped

Thanks for the heads up

Sweatpants is one of the best songs ever imo

Bonfire up there too

He stealth dropped it on the 15th as a livestream then took it down but dropped it on streaming services a few days ago, it is imo the best work of his career.

Sweatpants and Bonfire are classics, and I'm happy to say elements of those songs can be found in full force in this album.

Let me know what you think when you hear the album!

Grinchy

Banned
Best music of the past decade? Gee, now that's a tough field to compete in!

4GStBe0s.png

teezzy

Banned
Not for me, but I can see how zoomers would dig it.

As far as albums released this year, I prefer this:

Top Bottom