• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Sutherland Dies: Revered Actor In ‘Klute’, ‘Ordinary People’, ‘Hunger Games’ & Scores Of Others Was 88

Draugoth

Gold Member

GettyImages-1177212098.jpg

Donald Sutherland, the beloved actor who starred in scores of films from The Dirty Dozen, MASH and Klute to Animal House and Ordinary People to Pride & Prejudice and The Hunger Games franchise and won an Emmy for Citizen X, died Thursday in Miami after a long illness. He was 88.

The 2017 Honorary Oscar recipient also is the father of Emmy-winning 24 and Designated Survivor actor Kiefer Sutherland and veteran CAA Media Finance exec Roeg Sutherland. CAA confirmed the news to Deadline.[/URL]

Last edited:

Brigandier

Such ashame, I liked him but I'll always remember him for how well he played bad/unlikeable roles perfectly especially in Lock Up and Outbreak. RIP to a cinema legend.

RIP

I need to see more stuff with him in it.

Cursory glance at his early movies = daaaamn i need to see the dirty dozen. So many legends in that cast.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

RIP, i remember Kelly's Heroes and Invasion of the Body snatchers well and saw Donald in a few TV series as well, great actor, sad news.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I saw him recently in "Mr. Harrigan's Phone".
In his later years he remained quite active and elevated any movie he was in.

He was also a Montreal Expos baseball club superfan :messenger_grinning:

NBLiqxf.png

7AgqK3o.png

Top Bottom