• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't forget to watch (July 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

The Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest!!!

Noon EST on ESPN!

4pm EST on the Deuce!

Sponsored by:

Can Kobayashi top his incredible record of 50 1/2 hot dogs in 12 minutes, or will Ed "Cookie" Jarvis or an unknown dark horse take out Kobayashi and possibly his record? TUNE IN SUNDAY TO FIND OUT!

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Does this include Rolls?
I could probably eat 10-12 in my first minute (no rolls).
I definately wouldn't be able to keep up the pace, but if they taste good, and aren't too big, I could probably reach over 30.

Kneel before the might of Takeru Kobayashi!

kobay1.jpg

kobayashi.jpg

http://www.ifoce.com/news.php?action=detail&sn=105

ESPN’s telecast will feature a 40-minute pre-game segment highlighting the history of the event and outlining the rules of the competition, leading in to the 12-minute, all-you-can-eat contest. The event will showcase 20 eating competitors (13 from the United States, two from Japan, and one each from England, New Zealand, Germany, and Canada), including Japan’s Takeru Kobayashi, who holds the current world hot dog-eating record, consuming 50 ½ hot dogs and buns in 12 minutes in 2001.

shoplifter

Sactown said:
Damn, I was thinking I could fit 4 hotdogs in my mouth at a time. The buns would make it twice as hard.

Typically they dip the buns in water to make them go down easier. IIRC, Kobayashi's mad tech is eating the hot dog THEN the bun. Most of the guys do it all at once.

Yes, I watch all of the competitive eating shows on Travel Channel and Food Network. For some reason I find them irresistable. My wife can't watch without feeling sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom