• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 GAF Inhouse January: 1v1 for Huniepops

shira

Bump this thread if you want to host a GAF tournament, league, or inhouse match.
OR
if you are looking for people to play with for matchmaking, breaking a terrible losing streak, or you want to stream.

http://www.hitbox.tv/HylianSeven
http://www.twitch.tv/109dota

- PM me if you want to organize a league or tournament and I'll put it in the OT or ask a mod to change the title

To facilitate communication you may wish to join the Neogaf Guild. For more info please contact Neogaf Guild officers whilst in-game:
Artanisix, Dreams-Visions, 1.09, Procarbine, Sanjay, Wes, Haly, Conceptor

The time/date/relevant info should be given in your post.
If you want people to play with try and stick to this format:

Looking for
9 more people for a USEast Allpick GAF inhouse
Any MMR
7:00pm EST

Looking for
1-4 more people for a LUX Ranked Matchmaking
2000-3000
~7PM CEST

Previous 1V1 Tournament Champions:
Gafternashiral:
Kioshen
TUSR
Demoli
Gaftechieshiral:
Pillow Knight
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132789116&postcount=9210"]Smashootarrowhitarrowal[/URL]
Madouu
Tourney VODS

Latest 1V1 Tournament:
GAF 1v1 Allpick tournament:
shira said:
Rules:
- solo mid 1v1
- bo1
- create your own lobby game, pick your hero
- 10 minute time limit afterwards kills > CS > last hits > current exp > current gold > tower damage decides the winner

format = open skill

Tentative bracket matchups:

Ember Spirit
TheAutomator

Raytow
Demoli

shira
stevewinwood

artanisix
madouu

vamlock
vade

rhfb

Can't wait to be crushed so hard
facepalm.gif

shira

Will you accept last minute sign ups ? I'm not sure if I will be able to make it until the last moment.

Sure, we still at 50% prize:participant rate so it's always good to have more.

Just show up and you should be able to play-in

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Flexianyserverisfineformeagaffer AM in, signed up.

Hopefully, I should have atleast one victory this time.

shira

Bracket up
play-in
raytow vs pillow✓

quarterfinals
rhfb vs demoli✓
playin vs yarden24
madouu✓ vs charpy
hylian vs rvinp✓

semfinals
pillow vs demoli✓
rvinp vs madouu✓

finals
madouu✓ vs demoli

shira

Winner is Madouu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do the RNG later tonite or tomorrow for the remaining prizes.

Thanks to Anuxi and Hylian and everyone that participated!!!!!!

I really recommend that you watch your replays or Hylian's VOD analysis.
I don't 100% agree with everything he says since it's very on the fly - but you do get a strong gist of what you may have done wrong and what you can improve upon.

Madouu

Thank you anuxi, got the set and it's awesome!

Thanks also to everyone for participating/spectating/casting and to Shira for organizing, was great fun.

TheCrow

Hey I'm only up to 2v2 here
laugh.gif
Lol so I see we're working our way up to a 5v5. Maybe by TI6. That's fine since it'll give us time to get out team house up and running. And then just maybe we'll be able to take a game. Assuming we don't kill each other first.

Chris R

This should be fun to watch. Won't participate this time since I'm gonna be getting ready for my Vegas trip. Can't wait to see what the best strat is...
Please no SD+Potm

shira

This should be fun to watch. Won't participate this time since I'm gonna be getting ready for my Vegas trip. Can't wait to see what the best strat is...
Please no SD+Potm

My bet is on axe/ds cut the wave ez tower or maybe kotl/furion

shira

Oh pooh looks like we don't have enough for a full tourney.

6 people signed up, but nobody has the same availability.

X_X

shira

Brackets are set. I did a coinflip and the bottom bracket got the advantage to the finals since we only have 12.
mDLkR3S.png

PM your opponent via Neogaf or Steam and exchange Steam ID's and friend each other. Set a time for a BO1 matchup. If you want to do BO3 that is up to you discuss what you want. Matches are only about 10 minutes so try to find time in the next 3 days. If you PM'd your opponent and didn't show or respond you win by default. PM me if this happens.

Instructions

1. Meet up and chose a host (the host) will CREATE LOBBY

2. Things are a lot easier if you make it from the Neogaf Guild or Neogaf Lobby and both of you are in there at the same time or else you can give a password both of you know. Before the match use a coin-flipping website, winner can decide of their choice of server or dire/radiant. The other may be decided by the loser.

3. So the host will click EDIT SETTINGS and change 2 settings.
- 1v1 Solo mid
- Server location (fair warning USE is garbage)
I matched the first people with their closest servers. Don't enable cheats plz`

4. The game will automatically start when you hit START GAME.

5. Pick any hero you want your picks are hidden from your opponent. You can lobby chat and talk about who you want, Random, Mirror. It's up to you.

6. You start with a courier and there is no 0:00 rune.

7. The game automatically ends whenever someone dies twice or the mid tower goes down. So be aware that suicides count as deaths and tower denies still cause losses.

8. Pause the game at 10:00 if someone hasn't won, use this scale to decide the winner
kills > CS (last hits + denies) > last hits > current exp > current gold > tower damage

9. Report who won in either thread so I sees it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900899
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935449&page=322

10. Have problems ask someone in Neogaf guild or PM me.

Rules
Please don't use the jungle or use soul ring. Other than that any other strategies are fine.

Prizes
header.jpg

- 2 Huneipop Steam games (1 for the winner, 1 for random participant)
330x192

- 1 The Ephemeral Haunt Set
330x192

- 1 Regalia of the Wraith Lord Set
330x192

- 1 Anointed Armor of Ruination Set
330x192

- 1 Nimble Edge Set
*2nd place picks their set, the rest are randomly given to non winners and non-shira so 55% (6/11) prize possibility

Top Bottom