• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

TreIII

Broly ? Mirai Gohan or Perfect Gohan ? Fusions like Gogeta/Vegeto ? Nappa ? Raditz ? Cooler ?

Much as I don't really like him, there's no reason to think Broly won't be here. He, along with Bardock, has been in EVERY Dragonball game in the last decade. Between his popularity and what he can offer moveset-wise, he's likely the one movie character we can safely assume makes it in.

Fj0823

Tried getting into Super (watched the entire first arc, 15-16 episodes) and couldn't get into it.

Didn't even get to the blue stuff, but interested to see how it works in the game (although folks here are saying that Vegeta hasn't done anything special yet, so lol at that)

He has done a lot of cool stuff, but hasn't show new techniques.

That's what they mean

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
16 was only good for this scene

Y372oc.gif

Quebaz

confirms how? In the code?

Yeah, while everyone else has simply their name in the code, Goku and Vegeta had a "-ss" next to their names, Gohan has "-y" probably meaning Young as in Shounen and Majin Boo has "-z" probably meaning "Zen" (Good) as that's what that form has been called in the Japanese games.

Mik317

Vegeta has a shitton of moves that his ssj form isn't using... plus probably will have a different playstyle too

Alienous

You'll get fembroly if anything.

You'll get Broly. It's a fighting game and he provides variation - non-canon won't matter, especially as ArcSys have referenced the non-canon DBZ movies for character moves. Kale wouldn't have been in consideration when they were ironing out their roster, and they wouldn't convert Broly to a character whose popularity would have been in question.

Village

You'll get fembroly if anything.

Considering they literally just spend a fuck ton of money making a high def CGI version of him for an amusement park ride.

To reiterate my statement

You fucking nuts.

You will get broly , you might get Kaifua or cabba, and they might have a " hey you remind me of somoene " line.

And that's all you will get.

LordKasual

Banned
It's not confusing, it just doesn't make sense.

How about saying one thing is better than another thing?

How is one thing that is unique more unique than another thing that is unique when there are no varying levels of uniqueness according to the meaning of unique?

I can describe something as small, and another thing as smaller than small.

How do you describe something as more unique than another when unique is referring to something that is only one of its kind?

jesus christ dude

Swarna

So they're going full MUGEN-style trash. Okay.

Blue really didn't need to be its own separate character...they could have just made it a costume and changed the ultimate cutscenes (SSJ3 Kamehameha -> Kaioken x10 God Kamehameha etc). Really dumb.

They should delay adult Gohan until he gets his new transformation in Super.

Dark_castle

Android 16 is a weird inclusion, especially considering 17 is a lot more popular and has more relevance in the current story than the former.

ggx2ac

jesus christ dude

You asked if it was confusing, I answered you since apparently we can just assume "more unique" is something that is correct to say.

Like when people call something "very unique", that is the wrong usage too.

I'll just stop there since it sounds like you really need Christ in your life.

Here's how I hope Super representation goes:

Base roster:
-Goku SSB
-Vegeta SSB
-Golden Freeza
-Vegeto Blue
-Beerus
-Hit
-Black
-Merged Zamasu (Final Boss)

Tournament of Power Season Pass:
-Caulifla
-Kale
-Ribrianne
-Jiern

That would be ideal.

Did NOT want Goke/Vegeta Blue, but I guess it's to be expected from an anime Fighting game as popular as the Dragon Ball franchise. Just hope there is still a chance for Dragon Ball kid Goku to be in with Nimbus and the Power Poll in his moceset, but that's probably way to unlikely.

Eternal DB thread cycle.

-Super looks like shit
-You obviously didn't watch the show, it only took 87 episodes to get good
-hey guys, what about Bruce Faulconer?
-I hope they add us dub, I can't stand granma goku.

C-16 is cool, get a grip.

Alienous

You asked if it was confusing, I answered you since apparently we can just assume "more unique" is something that is correct to say.

I'll just stop there since you it sounds like you really need Christ in your life.

What is this?

Android 16 being more unique than Android 17 is a perfectly valid statement in context.

He has a higher amount of 'unique' qualities, with regards to his fighting style. He's less similar to other characters than Android 17 is.

VDenter

Banned
Sucks for the 17 fans out here. He is a much better fit considering 16 was one of the blandest and most pointless characters Toriyama ever introduced.

DrArchon

Well it's probably because we have seen a lot more of Blue than Golden Frieza.

True, but how much new stuff have they done in Blue compared to what they normally do (honest question, I'm not watching Super)?

Whatever, I'm sure Arc didn't want every character in the game to have Install supers just because they can power-up. And like I said I'll judge them once I see how different their movesets are from normal Goku and Vegeta.

NandoGip

Brainstorm of ALL realistically possible fighters

Heroes:

-High chance
Ultimate Gohan
Gotenks
Vegeto
Kid Goku
Bardock

-Mid chance
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
Beerus

-Low chance
Roshi
SSJ4 Goku (and anything GT)

-No Chance
Whis
Kais
Chiaotzu
Anything from DB
Pikkon, other filler characters
Tapion
Cabba, U6 Fighters (not including Hit)
Anyone from the ToP

Villains

-High Chance
Super Buu/Kid Buu (Possibly as one character)
Broly

-Mid Chance
Android 17
Majin Vegeta
Piccolo Daimao
Goku Black
Hit
Ginyu

-Low Chance
Dabura
Saiyan arc Vegeta
Nappa
Raditz
Zamasu
Movie Villains (not including Broly)

-No Chance
Any villains from DB
Babidi & Majin warriors
Cell Jr
Saibamen
Ginyu Force members, other Freeza goons
Anything GT

Alienous

Sucks for the 17 fans out here. He is a much better fit considering 16 was one of the blandest and most pointless characters Toriyama ever introduced.

This isn't a visual novel. It's a fighting game.

Android 16 can fire his hands at opponents as a rocket projectile. Android 17 can't.

Android 17 being able to flick his hair doesn't change that. I repeat: Guldo would be a more interesting fighting game character than 17.

Blue really didn't need to be its own separate character...they could have just made it a costume and changed the ultimate cutscenes (SSJ3 Kamehameha -> Kaioken x10 God Kamehameha etc). Really dumb.

I get what you mean with having Blue and SSJ seem similar, but I feel like calling it Mugen trash when we haven't seen any gameplay while seeing that SSB Kaioken gives me hope that they give Goku and Vegeta a different moveset.

What?
Gohan got back his ultimate form. There's no new transformation for him. And Ultimate Gohan is going to be in FigtherZ, seems really likely for him.

Fj0823

True, but how much new stuff have they done in Blue compared to what they normally do (honest question, I'm not watching Super)?

Whatever, I'm sure Arc didn't want every character in the game to have Install supers just because they can power-up. And like I said I'll judge them once I see how different their movesets are from normal Goku and Vegeta.

Blue is Super Saiyan while channeling a different type of energy, so it really just punches harder and more efficiently.

The only new thing is that Goku can Stack Kaioken on it for maximum hax.

Brainstorm of ALL realistically possible fighters

Heroes:

-High chance
Ultimate Gohan
Gotenks
Vegeto
Kid Goku
Bardock

-Mid chance
Tenshinhan
Yamcha

-Low chance
Roshi
SSJ4 Goku (and anything GT)

-No Chance
Chiaotzu
Anything from DB
Pikkon, other filler characters
Tapion
Cabba, U6 Fighters (not including Hit)
Anyone from the ToP

Villains

-High Chance
Super Buu/Kid Buu (Possibly as one character)
Broly

-Mid Chance
Android 17
Majin Vegeta
Piccolo Daimao
Goku Black
Hit
Ginyu

-Low Chance
Dabura
Saiyan arc Vegeta
Nappa
Raditz
Zamasu
Movie Villains (not including Broly)

-No Chance
Any villains from DB
Babidi & Majin warriors
Cell Jr
Saibamen
Ginyu Force members, other Freeza goons
Anything GT
Where's Beerus?

naw

all these people saying android 16 has an "interesting moveset"... dude in all the dbz games I've played I've NEVER seen anyone select android 16 and actually play him. you can have an "interesting moveset" but if no one fucking uses you then what's the point. fuck 16

FSLink

Banned

....How many times am I gonna repeat that you can't do costumes in a game like this?

https://youtu.be/yhGjCzxJV3E

all these people saying android 16 has an "interesting moveset"... dude in all the dbz games I've played I've NEVER seen anyone select android 16 and actually play him. you can have an "interesting moveset" but if no one fucking uses you then what's the point

He's likely gonna be a grappler or at least a hard hitting character and many people play those types in traditional fighting games. Why would anybody use him in the crossovers where there's like 100 characters and a lot of them are super unbalanced? Might as well go with a stronger character. Not as much of an issue in a smaller roster.

This isn't a visual novel. It's a fighting game.

Android 16 can fire his hands at opponents as a rocket projectile. Android 17 can't.

Android 17 being able to flick his hair doesn't change that. I repeat: Guldo would be a more interesting fighting game character than 17.

After Android 17's involvement in ToP I think he should be in, but considering when this was in development I absolutely am not surprised he isn't in.

Alienous

all these people saying android 16 has an "interesting moveset"... dude in all the dbz games I've played I've NEVER seen anyone select android 16 and actually play him. you can have an "interesting moveset" but if no one fucking uses you then what's the point

This is an actual fighting game. If Android 16 works with how someone likes to play they'll play him.

LordKasual

Banned

I'll just stop there since you it sounds like you really need Christ in your life.

i mean you are technically correct...just the kind of correct that make people's eyes glaze over when you start talking

I asked if it was actually confusing to you. Your reply shows that it wasn't at all confusing, you just wanted to argue semantics.

What is this?

Android 16 being more unique than Android 17 is a perfectly valid statement in context.

He has a higher amount of 'unique' qualities, with regards to his fighting style. He's less similar to other characters than Android 17 is.

:mad:

Trickster

Here's how I hope Super representation goes:

Base roster:
-Goku SSB
-Vegeta SSB
-Golden Freeza
-Vegeto Blue
-Beerus
-Hit
-Black
-Merged Zamasu (Final Boss)

Tournament of Power Season Pass:
-Caulifla
-Kale
-Ribrianne
-Jiern

That would be ideal.

Vegeto blue? Why?

all these people saying android 16 has an "interesting moveset"... dude in all the dbz games I've played I've NEVER seen anyone select android 16 and actually play him. you can have an "interesting moveset" but if no one fucking uses you then what's the point. fuck 16
I've never seen anyone pick Krillin non-ironically either, where's the outrage for that pick?

ggx2ac

What is this?

You couldn't just describe Android 16 as being dynamic compared to Android 17? You want to state him as more unique by making list comparisons where you have to find how many qualities that are unique to Android 16 than Android 17?

I'm not going to derail the thread any longer over this.

Edit: Realised you had the characters the other way around.

Weekly Jump also reveals that the game will have a story mode involving a revived Android 16 where “super warriors fall one by one.” It is described as “a new story for Goku and friends depicted in high-end animation.”

GT-style Super 16?

kunonabi

I get what you mean with having Blue and SSJ seem similar, but I feel like calling it Mugen trash when we haven't seen any gameplay while seeing that SSB Kaioken gives me hope that they give Goku and Vegeta a different moveset.

What?
Gohan got back his ultimate form. There's no new transformation for him. And Ultimate Gohan is going to be in FigtherZ, seems really likely for him.

After his fight with Goku he said he was going to find a new form of his own that wasnt blue.

FSLink

Banned
I've never seen anyone pick Krillin non-ironically either, where's the outrage for that pick?

I liked how Krillin played in previous DBZ games. But it was hard to choose him seriously when they usually made the Goku variants so OP.

Won't be an issue here in a traditional fighter, so if he's decent on a team I'd likely use him.

Swarna

What?

In ep. 90, there's explicit dialogue by him related to seeking a new form right before the 1v1.

Big One

Banned
Interesting there's a unique story mode. If that's the case than Goku will probably trigger SSJB Kaioken on Goku Black.
In ep. 90, there's explicit dialogue by him related to seeking a new form right before the 1v1.
No there isn't, he just says he's going to take a "different path" from his father.

cordy

Banned
All these "they need to insert this Super character "posts, Jesus.

If it ain't Hit or Black you're setting yourself up. We know how this goes.

Top Bottom