• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 8 - November 27

john tv

Nah, there's no such law. But they still release them on Saturdays to try and keep things from getting out of hand. Everything went smoothly with DQVII, and I'm pretty sure it'll be the same with DQVIII.

cvxfreak

DCharlie said:
posters in Bic Camera today suggested an RRP of 9420 yen....

robbing bastards!

I hate it when Square Enix thinks they can overcharge people for a game. I seriously hope that with a pricetag like that, people walk about with a GBASP instead.

Then again, the price likely won't affect many people at all. Ah well.

Brofist

DCharlie said:
posters in Bic Camera today suggested an RRP of 9420 yen....

robbing bastards!

that's the suggested retail..it'll be in the the 7500-8000 yen range I'd say. at least that's what amazon is getting anyway.

Bebpo

Banned
kpop100 said:
that's the suggested retail..it'll be in the the 7500-8000 yen range I'd say. at least that's what amazon is getting anyway.

Yeah if you're in Tokyo.

Over here in Aomori the best a store will discount a game is 500yen off. So I'm sure it'll hit me for 9000yen here >_< With Amazon you have to add in shipping so it'll be near the same.

Miburou

Bebpo said:
Yeah if you're in Tokyo.

Over here in Aomori the best a store will discount a game is 500yen off. So I'm sure it'll hit me for 9000yen here >_< With Amazon you have to add in shipping so it'll be near the same.

Doesn't Amazon offer free shipping? I know when I was in Osaka this summer, I ordered some book from amazon, and the shipping was free. Not just that, but I ordered on a Saturday, and got it the next day!

Miburou said:
Doesn't Amazon offer free shipping? I know when I was in Osaka this summer, I ordered some book from amazon, and the shipping was free. Not just that, but I ordered on a Saturday, and got it the next day!

Yeah, amazon.com is free shipping for orders over 1500y. Try it! Ship it to your school, too, so it doesn't bounce. IT'S AWESOME!

Bebpo

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
Yeah, amazon.com is free shipping for orders over 1500y. Try it! Ship it to your school, too, so it doesn't bounce. IT'S AWESOME!

Sounds good! I shall try this in November.

neo2046

up6942.jpg

Vargas

CVXFREAK said:
I hate it when Square Enix thinks they can overcharge people for a game. I seriously hope that with a pricetag like that, people walk about with a GBASP instead.

Then again, the price likely won't affect many people at all. Ah well.

Doesn't Nintendo also sell the Pokemon games for a lot more than normal GBA games? If they can manage to squeeze a bit more from fans I am sure any company would try.

Bebpo

Banned
Rubeus said:
Tales of Rebirth will bomb hard if Namco still releases it on December 1.

That's why ToR probably isn't coming out until next feb. Namco would be smart to put it smack between DQVIII and FFXII.

cvxfreak

Vargas said:
Doesn't Nintendo also sell the Pokemon games for a lot more than normal GBA games? If they can manage to squeeze a bit more from fans I am sure any company would try.

Not at all.

Pokemon Colosseum was 5800 Yen with a free Memory Card 59. Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald were 4800 Yen with free wireless adapters. If anything, they've been very rewarding lately.

john tv

DQVII sold for 7,800 yen and it sold over 4 million copies. The SFC DQ games sold for over $100 and sold millions as well. This price tag is nothing -- the game will still sell en masse to anyone and everyone.

GOTY baby. Can't wait!

Vargas

CVXFREAK said:
Not at all.

Pokemon Colosseum was 5800 Yen with a free Memory Card 59. Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald were 4800 Yen with free wireless adapters. If anything, they've been very rewarding lately.

How about Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire?

cvxfreak

Vargas said:
How about Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire?

4800 Yen, just like most other GBA games. And I forgot to mention the tax break Nintendo gives gamers.

Square Enix is of the mentality that they could overcharge people, not Nintendo/Pokemon. 5800 Yen for FFTA, FFI+IIA, Slime Morimori and Sword of Mana is fucking ridiculous.

Top Bottom