• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 8 V-Jump scan

neo2046

SKILL MASTER SYSTEM
9998.jpg

9999.jpg

10001.jpg

10004.jpg

New monsters
10005.jpg

monsters be the partners
10006.jpg

10007.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
A dragon warrior game where you can see your party during battle? I might actually try this one :p

Vieo

A dragon warrior game where you can see your party during battle? I might actually try this one :p

This goes for me as well. Lack of seeing your party during a battle, but only enemies really turned me off from the series. I tried playing DWIII on GBC and some of the NES ones, but I really couldn't get into them.

Vieo said:
This goes for me as well. Lack of seeing your party during a battle, but only enemies really turned me off from the series. I tried playing DWIII on GBC and some of the NES ones, but I really couldn't get into them.

I find that that is probably the number one turnoff for people I've tried getting into this series in the past... that and the only easily accessible one (VII) really wasn't that amazing. I think it'll be a big selling point for many of those people.

I am happy with the way the battles look, personally. The third person element does add charm and interest, but they also kept the first person viewpoint for when you're actually choosing things in the menus. I thought it was a nice touch.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks great as per usual. Dunno which RPG I'm more looking forward to, this or FFXII.. both seem to be doing something brand new yet on paper really awesome for their respected series.

Top Bottom