• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest I & II HD-2D Remake releasing 2025

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
@Danjin44 TintoConCasera TintoConCasera Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives Punished Miku Punished Miku @Topher

Questions for the DQ collective here on GAF: How likely are we able to get 4,5 and 6 after this? Also, how likely are we able to finally have 1 through 10 available on all modern platforms (or at least all on Steam)?
Last time they released IV to VI was way back on the NDS, so I can see them making a more modern re-release in HD-2D without a doubt.

And man do I hope they do. V is amazing and, while IV and VI don't get mentioned as much, they are still amazing games.

Hudo

@Danjin44 TintoConCasera TintoConCasera Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives Punished Miku Punished Miku @Topher

Questions for the DQ collective here on GAF: How likely are we able to get 4,5 and 6 after this? Also, how likely are we able to finally have 1 through 10 available on all modern platforms (or at least all on Steam)?
It's not impossible, I think. Now that Square Enix' new CEO said that they want to go all-in on multiplatform, there is a chance that we'll see at least ports of the other DQ games on more platforms.

Getting HD-2D versions of 4,5,6... I dunno. They already remade these games once for DS in a "2D sprites in 3D environments" way as well. Seeing how these remakes are available on phones as well, maybe Square will up-rezz them and port them to consoles and PC? I don't see them remaking 4,5 and 6 as HD-2D games anytime soon.

Edit: But I wouldn't be surprised if they did something with DQ5. It's the most revered game in the series.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
You should have tagged me since I'm the Number One JRPG Fan 👀

I can see them remaking DQ 4 - 9 in HD-2D and releasing on all platforms
You can have my spot. My favorite DQ games are 1 (NES), and IX. I'm definitely not deserving of a spot in the DQ Collective, but I got 3 and will likely get 1+2 also. So far I haven't regretted a single HD-2D purchase.

Top Bottom