• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DragonBall: Tenkaichi Tag Team/Raging Blast 2 |Double OT| of sadly no blue Popo

Takao

Banned
Last year I noticed a great injustice. Three new DragonBall games were released. Only one got an official thread. With my soul that burns brighter than that of a thousand warriors, I can’t let that happen anymore! This is DragonBall. Leave your Hadoukens, and Rasengans somewhere else. They aren’t wanted here.

5095265660_dd0b93121d.jpg

5094423847_9f6c45179e.jpg

Platform: PlayStation Portable

Developer: Spike/Bandai Namco

Genre: Arena Fighter

Publisher: Bandai Namco Games – Bandai Label

Available on the PlayStation Network?: lololololol

Release Date(s):
October 19, 2010 (NA)
October 22 , 2010 (EU)
September 30, 2010 (JP)

Multiplayer:
Ad-Hoc
-Compete in 1 Vs. 1, 3 vs. 1, and 2 vs. 2 battles with your friends!

Ad-Hoc Party
-Do the above, but online and with chat. Thanks Bandai Namco Cheapness!

MSRP:
$39.99 (NA)
Something (EU)
Wait until next month when it hits bomba bins (JP)

5095260014_6ec2508239.jpg

Announced earlier this year in V-JUMP as DragonBall: TAG Vs., DragonBall Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team is the localized version of the game. The game features more than 70 characters, and for the first time in 3D DragonBall video game history, will have 2 vs. 2 battles. The fighting system is very similar to Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the PS2 and Wii. Story wise, you’ll go through the entirety of the DragonBall Z storyline, from when Vegeta first lands on Earth, to when Boo is finally vanquished. Play the story through the Dragon Walker mode which allows you traverse around the DragonBall world and explore!

5095281626_9124e12254.jpg

gallery_item_data_UsqORqymxVsb_largest.jpg
gallery_item_data_5LyQXbsx0xc9_largest.jpg
gallery_item_data_2hNPr7tax7N9_largest.jpg
gallery_item_data_qTqfbLf3eRHB_largest.jpg

5095270082_d59c73be33.jpg

Announcement Trailer
Second Trailer
Dragon Walker Trailer

5095258874_796189d641.jpg

Goku's Corner
Official Site (JP)
Metacritic

5095257218_f5f1614d03.jpg

Don’t want to commit $40? Well, hop onto your local PlayStation Store and download the demo. In the demo you get to play as either Goku, Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo, Android 19, or Dr. Gero. If you like what you see, keep onto the save data, as it unlocks a special item in the full game!

Takao

Banned
bannervf.jpg

Information:
Developer: Spike
Publisher: Namco Bandai
Platforms: PS3 and XBOX 360
Release date: JP: November 11 US:November 2 EU: November 5
Genre: Fighting
Offical Website

Overview:
The second game in this high-flying, fast-hitting, and intense versus battles series, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 promises over 90 characters from the massively popular anime franchise. Dragon Ball Z fans can rest assured that the destructible environment, and character trademark attacks and transformations will be true to the series. These include signature Pursuit Attacks which enable players to initiate attack combo strings, juggling your opponent in a string of devastating strikes throughout the environment. Additionally, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 sports the new Raging Soul System which enables characters to reach a special state, increasing their combat abilities to the ultimate level. Featuring more than 90 characters, 20 of which are brand new to the Raging Blast series, new modes, and additional environmental effects, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is the next evolution in the home console series.

As a bonus for Dragon Ball fans, Raging Blast 2 contains the exclusive new feature entitled "Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" -- a completely reconstructed, re-scripted and re-edited version of an original Japanese episode that has never been released in the U.S or Canada, offering something unique to fans of the series. Everyone who buys the game can watch this exclusive anime straight out of the box. -IGN
compareq.jpg

Screenshots:
27816155.jpg

99778834.jpg

81798034.jpg

77203429.jpg

13580864.jpg

13702525.jpg

44255999.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPH1efP8_9w

Regular Edition:
dbz1.jpg

Limited Edition:
limitedc.jpg

Full Roster:
rosteri.jpg

Demo:
Want to try before you buy? Then currently available is a demo for the game on both XBL and PSN!

Courtesy of TheVampire.

Tag Team looks kind of interesting because it offers a legitimate gameplay innovation...but I can't help but feel that RB2 is just more of the same with a less appealing graphical style (and still nowhere near the character selection of BT3). In any case, it IS nice to see a thread for them!

JTran2003

Takao said:
Last year I noticed a great injustice. Three new DragonBall games were released. Only one got an official thread. With my soul that burns brighter than that of a thousand warriors, I can’t let that happen anymore! This is DragonBall. Leave your Hadoukens, and Rasengans somewhere else. They aren’t wanted here.

:lol I am already loving this thread!

Aru

Peff said:
Nope, they stopped using the original OST for Japanese releases after Sparking Meteor.

That's strange, I heard RB1 had the OST :/
Well it's too bad...
At least they should consider licensing DB Kai's OST. It should be cheaper than DBZ's and still be a good alternative. I prefer DBZ's OST but DB Kai's OST is great.

Takao

Banned
Aru, if you like Kai's score, you'll probably like the games. Most of the recent console games were scored by Kenji Yamamoto, who IIRC does the Kai music. You may see some of Z's score in TTT though, as for cutscenes it's using clips from the anime. The PSP games generally used recylced music.

_dementia said:
i could imagine them propelling themselves along the track by firing energy beams :lol

While that can work, there's always this:

3767103536_82633e7084.jpg

theluma

Dragonball games never go down in price over here for some reason. BT3 is like the best thing ever, but I don't know if any of the new ones offer that much more...

Takao

Banned
It has taken several years, but I have done it:

wPZeu.jpg

I have gathered all four DragonBall games for PSP! Now that I have all four, I can awaken the eternal master of PSP, and ask my wish!

Oh great PSP master, awaken and grant my wish!

*Insert sounds of UMD cases cracking inside themselves"

Oh, it's too bright. Uh, I can't see you, but I ask for this, please PSP master, make GAF care about DragonBall!

marcus-rivers-psp-step-your-game-up.jpg

Oh, fuck you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had about a half hour of fooling around time with Tenkaichi Tag Team, and I must admit, I'm impressed. The game has an install mode (600MB), so load times are fairly short, and the during those brief load times you'll have some fun, as load-time minigames have returned! This time you're Gohan with a basket catching falling leaves, and fruit from a tree to recieve points. The story is the same old same old in Dragon Walker, however Dragon Walker is pretty cool. It's like an expanded map of what we saw in Budokai 3 and Infinite World but with some acutal interaction with the CPU. If you're near a Super Deformed-Saibaman for example, you can Solar Flare him so that he doesn't see you, and you can go past him without fighting. What really surprised me was the amount of voice acting. While select lines are voice acted, that's still a great step up from the more-or-less text-only PSP DragonBall titles of the past. I stand corrected on the cutscenes though, they're told through character art like older titles with some still frames, and the SD characters movements. Having fun so far, let's see how long this goes on for...

Something tells me I'm going to regret that little skit on the top.

Am I the only one that loved the original Budokai 1/2/3 formulas over the newer Tenkaichi series? =( Sorry if this is a usual complaint, I felt the first Budokais (especially the best one -- the 3rd one) were more like actual fighting games.

Peff

spindashing said:
Am I the only one that loved the original Budokai 1/2/3 formulas over the newer Tenkaichi series? =( Sorry if this is a usual complaint, I felt the first Budokais (especially the best one -- the 3rd one) were more like actual fighting games.

The thing is, both Shin Butōden and Super Dragon Ball Z mop the floor with the Budokai series as fighting games, while the Tenkaichi series is much closer to being the anime in playable form, possible the closest any game has ever gotten except maybe Legends. So it depends on what you want.

Seda

Chaotic-Strike said:
I'm pretty fond of the funimation voices now especially since they got rid of Freeza's old voice actor.

New Kid Gohan is ehhhhhhhhh though. I havent watched a lot of Kai yet but its dub is otherwise so much better.

bannervf.jpg

Information:
Developer: Spike
Publisher: Namco Bandai
Platforms: PS3 and XBOX 360
Release date: JP: November 11 US:November 2 EU: November 5
Genre: Fighting
Offical Website

Overview:
The second game in this high-flying, fast-hitting, and intense versus battles series, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 promises over 90 characters from the massively popular anime franchise. Dragon Ball Z fans can rest assured that the destructible environment, and character trademark attacks and transformations will be true to the series. These include signature Pursuit Attacks which enable players to initiate attack combo strings, juggling your opponent in a string of devastating strikes throughout the environment. Additionally, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 sports the new Raging Soul System which enables characters to reach a special state, increasing their combat abilities to the ultimate level. Featuring more than 90 characters, 20 of which are brand new to the Raging Blast series, new modes, and additional environmental effects, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is the next evolution in the home console series.

As a bonus for Dragon Ball fans, Raging Blast 2 contains the exclusive new feature entitled "Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" -- a completely reconstructed, re-scripted and re-edited version of an original Japanese episode that has never been released in the U.S or Canada, offering something unique to fans of the series. Everyone who buys the game can watch this exclusive anime straight out of the box. -IGN
compareq.jpg

Screenshots:
27816155.jpg

99778834.jpg

81798034.jpg

77203429.jpg

13580864.jpg

13702525.jpg

44255999.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPH1efP8_9w

Regular Edition:
dbz1.jpg

Limited Edition:
limitedc.jpg

Full Roster:
rosteri.jpg

Demo:
Want to try before you buy? Then currently available is a demo for the game on both XBL and PSN!

Ohhhhhhh This comes out tomorrow. I can't wait as I have been playing that frickin demo over and over again. Raging blast 2 plays so much better than the first......:D

I'm playing my copy of RB 2, I love it!!!!! just tried the online though and no one at all is on....... people need to by this game, and for ps3, cause that's where I play!!:D

Manus

KeioSquad2 said:
I'm playing my copy of RB 2, I love it!!!!! just tried the online though and no one at all is on....... people need to by this game, and for ps3, cause that's where I play!!:D

I'm down for some matches!

Manus

KeioSquad2 said:
Yeah!!!!! Whats your psn? I'll send you a friend invite.......

Mega-Ridley. I'll be on late tonight and a lot over the next two days since I'm off work.

Takao

Banned
I'm in the Cell saga in TTT, while the game is still fun, I'm started to get annoyed at how easy it is.
KeioSquad2 said:

You won't have to worry, every other PS3/360 DragonBall game has sold better on PS3 than 360.

Takao said:
I'm in the Cell saga in TTT, while the game is still fun, I'm started to get annoyed at how easy it is.

You won't have to worry, every other PS3/360 DragonBall game has sold better on PS3 than 360.

everywhere I look though is 360 vids, it's cool though some people are starting to play, and it's already way more fun than the first........

D-Pad

Is that SSJ3 Vegeta?! Does that happen in the anime? I thought Vegeta skipped SSJ3 and went straight to SSJ4 with the help of Bulma's machine...

Takao

Banned
D-Pad said:
Is that SSJ3 Vegeta?! Does that happen in the anime? I thought Vegeta skipped SSJ3 and went straight to SSJ4 with the help of Bulma's machine...

Yes it's SSJ3 Vegeta, and no it's not in the anime. Spike created SSJ3 Broly and Vegeta as a promo tool to drive sales of the original Raging Blast. IIRC they don't even explain why these characters get those powers.

Why must they always make unlocking things a pain in the ass? I get the jist of the galaxy mode, but just when you think you unlock the next logical thing after all their bonuses they give you, they say "NAH" and leave you clueless.....

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Takao said:
Yes it's SSJ3 Vegeta, and no it's not in the anime. Spike created SSJ3 Broly and Vegeta as a promo tool to drive sales of the original Raging Blast. IIRC they don't even explain why these characters get those powers.

Magic. Just like the entirety of GT.

The IGN review was a bit harsh in my opinion.

The game is ALOT better than RB1, with more characters and slight changes/fixes/additions

Plus the 30min animated specail included.

Dont see how all that gets a lower IGN score than RB1......

Anth0ny

Just bought RB2 for the OVA. Should have it tomorrow, not sure if I'll play the game. How many times can you play through DBZ's story? :lol

Takao

Banned
TheVampire said:
The IGN review was a bit harsh in my opinion.

The game is ALOT better than RB1, with more characters and slight changes/fixes/additions

Plus the 30min animated specail included.

Dont see how all that gets a lower IGN score than RB1......

Two words: Franchise Fatigue

Spike has developed 6 similar styled DragonBall games in a manner of six years. Dimps has developed eight similar styled DragonBall games in eight years. Burst Limit scored fairly well despite being incredibly bare bones. It was the first console Dimps title in 3 years. Infinite World, the follow-up, recieved poor reviews with Dimps latest DragonBall game, Evolution recieving horrible reviews. That's despite the fact the games aren't really bad.

udivision

Takao said:

Spike has developed 6 similar styled DragonBall games in a manner of six years. Dimps has developed eight similar styled DragonBall games in eight years. Burst Limit scored fairly well despite being incredibly bare bones. It was the first console Dimps title in 3 years. Infinite World, the follow-up, recieved poor reviews with Dimps latest DragonBall game, Evolution recieving horrible reviews. That's despite the fact the games aren't really bad.

From what I hear, that haven't topped Budokai 3. And it's been a while since then...

Takao

Banned
udivision said:
From what I hear, that haven't topped Budokai 3. And it's been a while since then...

Infinite World has the best fighting engine out of the Dimps games. A lot of the game's professional complaints stemmed from "Why was this made?" "LOL No online" and my favourite "Why isn't this on PS3?". Although to be fair, many criticized the platforming adventure mode, which admitedly isn't very good.

Takao said:

Franchise fatigue my dick!!!!!! I love dragonball, and as long as they make a good game for the series then im all for it!!!

RB2 is a giant step up from the first, and if you see all the nuances that they fixed(spike) then it really ain't hard to tell........Ill take a dragonball sim that plays like virtual on, destrega and countless other open field battle games, over any fighting game clone any day.

When I play dragonball I wanna feel like I have this gargantuan power and I can blow up the world. Not like another same as Joe throwing a fireball and uppercut.

Anth0ny said:
Just bought RB2 for the OVA. Should have it tomorrow, not sure if I'll play the game. How many times can you play through DBZ's story? :lol

There is no story mode thank god. It's a challenge mode like do this and do that.......it's cool.

Phloxy

Raging Blast 2 is a huge step up from 1. But, like every other Dragon-ball series, gonna have to wait til part 3 to get the ultimate package.

Top Bottom