• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DragonBall: Tenkaichi Tag Team/Raging Blast 2 |Double OT| of sadly no blue Popo

Takao

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Anyone watch the remake of the movie yet?

It's available from the start. The real question is why haven't you watched it?!

I'll likely get my copy this weekend. Though I don't know if I'll be able to go through both Spike games in a timely manner.

I really want to get this but I feel like I should just wait until they have a BT3 like roster with complete with Ozarus, Slugs, Giant Hindergarn, The DB and GT characters etc. BT3 was the pinnacle of the DBZ games in terms of content as well. Took me hours to complete the game. It had so many awesome special moves as well.

Mikey Jr.

77203429.jpg

I want to say thats Goku, but I have never seen Goku in those clothes, thats something Vegeta would wear. But that person is SSJ3, something only Goku and Gotenks have achieved.

mybrainisfulloffuck.jpg

edit: Ok, the widows peak confirms thats Vegeta.

So they just gave Vegeta SSJ3?

Eiji

Mikey Jr. said:
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1503/77203429.jpg

I want to say thats Goku, but I have never seen Goku in those clothes, thats something Vegeta would wear. But that person is SSJ3, something only Goku and Gotenks have achieved.

mybrainisfulloffuck.jpg

edit: Ok, the widows peak confirms thats Vegeta.

So they just gave Vegeta SSJ3?

Yes, SSJ3 Vegeta was also in Raging Blast 1 (the prequel) as was SSJ3 Broly.

ssj3_broly_better_pic_display.jpg

Deadstar

Phloxy said:
Raging Blast 2 is a huge step up from 1. But, like every other Dragon-ball series, gonna have to wait til part 3 to get the ultimate package.

What's missing? Last game I bought was Tenkaichi 2 or 3? If I remember correctly, it had over 100 characters, in game transformations, etc.

NeonZ

Deadstar said:
What's missing? Last game I bought was Tenkaichi 2 or 3? If I remember correctly, it had over 100 characters, in game transformations, etc.

Raging Blast 1 had less content than Tenkaichi 1 and its fighting system was merely an adjusted version of Tenkaichi 3's.

Raging Blast 2 actually still hasn't covered Tenkaichi 3's content completely (No DB and GT at all and it's still missing several minor characters too from Z, like Mr.Satan, Kaioshin, King Kold, King Vegeta...), although it has its own additions that weren't in Tenkaichi 3, like an episode bundled with it and a few extra minor movie villains.

Mikey Jr. said:

Goku wore that before the Cell games in the HBTC.

Manus

I've been playing way to much of this on my day off! I only have one more person to unlock!

Takao

Banned
I got the game today.

Who the fuck subtitled the remake? What kind of midget ass font was that? I had to sit right next to the TV to read that. Not to mention the weird positioning. What the fuck Scamco?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Takao said:
I got the game today.

Who the fuck subtitled the remake? What kind of midget ass font was that? I had to sit right next to the TV to read that. Not to mention the weird positioning. What the fuck Scamco?

Are the subs not yellow with black border at least?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Takao said:
I got the game today.

At least it is subtitled. I was just expecting an English dub to be honest. :lol

New DBZ animation just reminds me how much of a waste DB Kai is. =(

Takao

Banned
Kagari said:
Are the subs not yellow with black border at least?

It was a tiny white font that got hard to read over certain pieces of animation, and for some reason they bunched it up all on the left side of the screen rather than having it in the centre.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Takao said:
It was a tiny white font that got hard to read over certain pieces of animation, and for some reason they bunched it up all on the left side of the screen rather than having it in the centre.

Weird. Sounds like Namco didn't know what they were doing.

Takao

Banned
I just recently got back into Raging Blast 2. Man is this game cheap. Spike is really sending Cui against a Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta who has regenerating health? I don't even...

Kokonoe

Banned
Both of these games just don't get enough credit. Although gameplay wise, I'd say Tenkaichi Tag is better as it uses the engine from the Tenkaichi series. Raging Blast 2 is a lot better than Raging Blast 1, and is like playing a Tenkaichi game just with a different engine. It's a lot better than Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Load times are pretty quick for Tag Team, and the menus look nice and are well polished.

Raging Blast 2 also has a pretty swell soundtrack.

Nose to Tail

Gallant

Battle of Omega

Challenger

Pathos

DBZ Kinect should have Raging Soul mode for pure hilarity.

Kokonoe

Banned
Takao, I heard that the newer OST of Raging Blast 2 has the Tenkaichi 2 OST. Is this true? If so I'm going to have to pick that one up as well.

Takao

Banned
Takao, I heard that the newer OST of Raging Blast 2 has the Tenkaichi 2 OST. Is this true? If so I'm going to have to pick that one up as well.

Yeah, there's a reprint with a replaced score due to the Yamamoto music scandal. I wouldn't know how to tell the difference between the two runs though.

Top Bottom