• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinky Puppy colored dancing bananas thread(40/40 lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinky isn't particularly perturbed by a 40/40 from the magazine that gave the same score to Wind Waker, but he IS perturbed that there's a topic on a non-game cluttering up his Gaming Forum!

Drinky Crow said:
Drinky isn't particularly perturbed by a 40/40 from the magazine that gave the same score to Wind Waker, but he IS perturbed that there's a topic on a non-game cluttering up his Gaming Forum!

HERE COMES THE BOSS

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Drinky Crow said:

:lol own3d

soundwave05 said:
So even when Nintendo doesn't even try to make a game, they still score better than just about any other regular game.

This says more about the groupthink of Nintendo fanboys than the quality of Nintendo's games.

Getting a 40 from a Famitsu is like asking four retards to pick their favorite shiny object from a pile -- a nickel with OMG PUPPIES on it is sure to have their hamfists flapping for it over all the others.

If the next Nintendogs is cel-shaded, will they have to invent the 44 score?

ElyrionX

:lol

The score is real???!!!!

fridaydamnlarge1ky.jpg

soundwave05 said:
Lighten up fer crissake.

Alternative joke: This says more about the groupthink of Famitsu reviewers than the quality of Nintendo's games.

Really. that's the problem here. Nintendogs is Nintendogs. Nintendo will make other games - some better, some worse. But Famitsu is stuck with their increasingly-tarnished reputation. They were already a joke; now they're a joke that's not funny any more.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
JackFrost2012 said:
If Nintendogs is a 40/40 then stop this industry, because I want the hell off. "Haters" aren't owned - the only people "owned" here are Famitsu reviewers, who have produced a review score of such mind-boggling inaccuracy that it harms not only their magazine, but the entire game industry by proxy.
ummm...

what a drama queen

JackFrost2012 said:
Alternative joke: This says more about the groupthink of Famitsu reviewers than the quality of Nintendo's games.

Really. that's the problem here. Nintendogs is Nintendogs. Nintendo will make other games - some better, some worse. But Famitsu is stuck with their increasingly-tarnished reputation. They were already a joke; now they're a joke that's not funny any more.

Oh my gawd, that was hillarious.

I didn't think this was possible, but you make Bob Dole look like Dave Chappelle.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
JackFrost2012 said:
Blah blah blah, my name is Scrow and I'm an idiot who resorts to personal attacks instead of actually addressing anything people say.
DRAMA QUEEN

get some perspective

Fuck all of you asshole motherfuckers.

If a mod's reading this, please ban me for a week or two, maybe by then these people will have Nintendo's dick out of their mouths.

Until then, please continue to accept the uninformed opinion of a worthless magazine about a half-assed non-game as the undiscovered fifth gospel. But without me.

yoopoo

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:

If a mod's reading this, please ban me for a week or two, maybe by then these people will have Nintendo's dick out of their mouths.

Until then, please continue to accept the uninformed opinion of a worthless magazine about a half-assed non-game as the undiscovered fifth gospel. But without me.
:lol Oh thats silly. Drinky can you please post one of your long rants about not to take videogames too seriously.

john tv

1 - The review looks real to me

2 - This does not belong in Off-Topic, so please don't put it there!

3 - JackFrost, easy boy! Play nice! There, there. Good boy. (pats head)

:lol

The funny thing is I couldn't give two shits about this game since I have a real dog (I wouldn't care if it had a full blown RPG mode).

The worst part is, I LIKE Nintendogs.

But this board is just "HAHA WE WIN" or "HAHA YOU LOSE." I want to talk about the kind of message that Japan's largest circulation gaming magazine - disreputable as it is, nowadays - assigning the fifth perfect score in its history to a game that does not by any stretch of the imagination deserve it. Not whether Nintendogs is a game, not whether it's good or not, but what sort of message Famitsu is sending about the industry when they decided to give this game this score.

But any sort of questioning Famitsu is questioning Nintendogs, and any sort of questioning Nintendogs is questioning Nintendo, and God forbid you do THAT around here.

I'm sick and tired of this gangbanging console bullshit. There's a Calvin and Hobbes where Calvin wishes he was dead - then, thinking better of it, wishes everyone else was dead instead. Well, I wish everyone else was banned. But that being impossible, working towards a self-ban as quickly as possible is my best bet.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Had anyone actually seen Famitsu here?
Dorry to keep banging on about this.

Again, from an email from this morning:

of course - personally i think it is a fake - I got the new Famistu today dated 6th May and it's not it that - nor is it in any of the last 2 months issues either...

JackFrost2012 said:
The worst part is, I LIKE Nintendogs.

But this board is just "HAHA WE WIN" or "HAHA YOU LOSE." I want to talk about the kind of message that Japan's largest circulation gaming magazine - disreputable as it is, nowadays - assigning the fifth perfect score in history to a game that does not by any stretch of the imagination deserve it. Not whether Nintendogs is a game, not whether it's good or not, but what sort of message Nintendo is sending about the industry when they decided to give this game this score.

But any sort of questioning Famitsu is questioning Nintendogs, and any sort of questioning Nintendogs is questioning Nintendo, and God forbid you do THAT around here.

I'm sick and tired of this gangbanging console bullshit. There's a Calvin and Hobbes where Calvin wishes he was dead - then, thinking better of it, wishes everyone else was dead instead. Well, I wish everyone else was banned. But that being impossible, working towards a self-ban as quickly as possible is my best bet.

WB-PVM03015.jpg

:lol stop, you're killing me ...

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
JackFrost2012 said:

but you're encouraging it!
you're carrying on as if someone dropped a fucking scorpion in your pants over someone else's opinion. you say they're disreputable - so their review score doesn't matter anyway!
then you call everyone 'asshole motherfuckers' (or similar) and then wish for yourself to be banned! i think you're on a forum-incited downward spiral :p

any excuse to use my favourite msn face

unex3xw.gif

DarienA

Why should I play Nintendogs when I can simply go home and terrorize our 1 year American Eskimo old?

john tv

Well, let me play devil's advocate, in an attempt to bring everyone's blood pressure back down to normal here: why is this such a bad thing? At the end of the day, what difference does it make whether it got four 10s or four 9s or four 5s? Does it really matter? (I'm asking seriously; obviously I'm not trying to bait you.)

Everyone's going to forget about this in two weeks and the world will go on. So I don't see what the big deal is about the scores. Why don't we at least wait for a translation of the text before we declare this the end of the world? (Not that the text is going to make much of a difference, IMO, but still.)

Does any of this sound unreasonable?

PS - Don't get yourself banned. You'll regret it when they announce Pit Bull and Friends next week and you're not around to dog it! (Oh snap, special pun bonus +2)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
JackFrost2012 said:

I don't see many people arguing with you about 40/40. They are arguing about you whether its a game or not. And it reads like a good argument. You put up some good points, so do the others.

john tv

Folder said:
Had anyone actually seen Famitsu here?
Dorry to keep banging on about this.

Again, from an email from this morning:
Folder - I wouldn't put too much weight in that. It's not possible for your friend to have the new issue yet - when this information leaks, it's usually straight off the presses, before the issues hit stands. It'll be in some stores early tomorrow, and everywhere else Thursday (usually Friday, but this Friday is a holiday in Japan).

Of course I can't say 100% about this particular image, but my educated guess is yes, it's real.

DarienA

gamergirly said:
Cant wait to see what the new Zelda scores in Famitsu. People probably will say it deserved a 39/40 bc of the grass

:lol I miss this the first time through...

JackFrost2012 said:

JackFrost2012
Banned
(Today, 10:21 AM)

...ask and ye shall receive.

Jonnyram

JackFrost2012 said:
But this board is just "HAHA WE WIN" or "HAHA YOU LOSE."
This mentality was heightened with the whole hacking incident, followed up by Drinky saying "You are all my bitches! Hate the DS! Respect the PSP!". I think Drinky is fine as a poster, but rallying on a bunch of numbskull casuals is not going to improve the board on the whole, I think.

I want to talk about the kind of message that Japan's largest circulation gaming magazine - disreputable as it is, nowadays - assigning the fifth perfect score in history to a game that does not by any stretch of the imagination deserve it. Not whether Nintendogs is a game, not whether it's good or not, but what sort of message Nintendo is sending about the industry when they decided to give this game this score.
There's a bunch of guys on boards who hate it but it ain't that hated. It has a damned high circulation and it's weekly. The scores go like this:
4 people give the game a score out of 10. They usually pick a hardcore gamer, a casual gamer, someone who likes a specific genre and A.N.Other. It just means that 4 people thought the game was worth a 10, rather than 1. A lot of games get a single 10. Just those games don't get much recognition because board posters make such a big thing of the 4x10s. It's really just a measure of a game's broad appeal rather than it's singular quality, and since Nintendo's ethic is to appeal to a broad audience, it shouldn't really be surprising to see that Nintendo has 3 out of 5 perfect scores.

You're actually questioning it too much though. It's just a 10, basically. The same as when Edge gives a 10. Personally, I would give Nintendogs a 9 from what I've played so far, though the only problem I have with it is its slightly wonky voice recording (misses a fraction off the beginning).

Unison

What I don't get here is why people are both insisting Nintendogs isn't a game & then whining that it's not as good as games like Zelda or Vagarant Story... If it's not a game, it has to be judged by different standards than games, right?

Unison said:
What I don't get here is why people are both insisting Nintendogs isn't a game & then whining that it's not as good as games like Zelda or Vagarant Story... If it's not a game, it has to be judged by different standards than games, right?

Stop using logic on GAF :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom