• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Druids in WoW, only good on paper?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Been reading up on WoW lately and i find the druid class to be particulary attractive, it just seems so damn fun.. water form, bear form for a semi warrior, cat form for a semi rogue, best buffs, feign death which irrc, no other class has, healing, etc.

I dont know but, stealth + feign death = insanely good puller (eventually), monks and even SKs in EQ were the best pullers you could grab. Tanking and melee'ing in bear form, switching back to druid form to heal after battle and buff, etc. Aquatic form for for breathing and faster travel underwater, travelling form for, well travel around without a mount.. Seems very versatile.

Sounds good on paper, but those who played or are playing WoW, how do they hold up compared to others?

MoccaJava

Banned
Remember, versatile in these kinds of games means good in most but not great in anything. If they are more than that expect a nerfing quick.

It won't be able to tank and nearly be a cleric and be able to pull very well all fantastically.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Well pulling wise, unless im misinformed on the role of feign death in WoW, druids should in "theory" be the best pullers, at least, when it will be about breaking spawns in an high lvl place. no?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Well, I personally don't like the druid class, but that doesn't mean they're only good on paper at all. What's interesting is the other utility classes like Shamen and Paladin are my favorites, but Druid... meh. I dunno. A little too high-maintenence for me.

Bandicoot

I played a druid up to 20. Deciding if you like them or not is a personal decision though, based on yoru play style. The animal forms are nowhere near as powerful as the druid is in human form, so you end up using human form all the time if you want to get the best exp you can. This is ok for some, but other hate it.

I really didnt mind it because I looked at the animal forms as more of just a cool side ability, not a class defining feature. Dont get me wrong, I think this is a huge flaw in the class being that its built around these animal forms. For the time being I can deal with it though since its just beta and hopefully they can work these issues out.

ManaByte

Gold Member
For me, Druids get fun around level 30. At that point you have both the Cat and Bear forms. As such, you can fill almost any gap in a group. You have roots for crowd control, Bear form to tank, Cat form for DPS, multiple heals for healing, and a nuke and DOT.

I'm playing a Troll Shaman right now, but I am going to do another Druid sometime soon (probably a Tauren this time instead of a NE).

Top Bottom