• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Deal for Canada: Futureshop will have it for 179.99$ CAD on the 21st

I saw it in the Futureshop flyer and asked the local Futureshop (in montreal), they will sell the DS for 179.99$ CAD on the 21st and only on the 21st. Couldn't tell you if it's for every futureshop, so check to make sure.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
So can you not preorder at Futureshop? Because if they're all sold out anyway, this promotion would mean nothing to me.

Then again, why even have the promotion if you have preorders. Guess I've answered my own question.

Mama Smurf said:
So can you not preorder at Futureshop? Because if they're all sold out anyway, this promotion would mean nothing to me.

Then again, why even have the promotion if you have preorders. Guess I've answered my own question.

Futureshop doesn't take preorders, but they'll put one aside for you if you phone them on the same day. But for this deal, I'll be there at 10 PM (hour when Futureshop opens on Sundays) to pick it up.

neptunes

mama surf is right, the DS is sold out at futureshop.ca

The flyer is all you need.

Just use it at retailers that offer price-matches. (EB, Zellers, wal-mart etc..)

Spike

Date of Lies said:
Futureshop doesn't take preorders, but they'll put one aside for you if you phone them on the same day. But for this deal, I'll be there at 10 PM (hour when Futureshop opens on Sundays) to pick it up.

You'll never get one at that point. :lol

Oh, and I don't think any other stores will price match. I asked EB about it and they said absolutely not. Only if it's their regular price.

neptunes

soldout.jpg

Spike said:
You'll never get one at that point. :lol

Oh, and I don't think any other stores will price match. I asked EB about it and they said absolutely not. Only if it's their regular price.

Don't be insane, I dont think there will be that huge of a line. I know that futureshop has 66 units currently being shipped and they said they won't break the street date (like they did with the SP), it's going to be first come first serve.

Or maybe I'm underestimating rabid Nintendo fans...

EDIT: *to above post* FU-UCK, I didn't even know they offered it online, and as far as I know, that deal was annonced today.

Guess I'm going camping.

Spike

Date of Lies said:
Don't be insane, I dont think there will be that huge of a line. I know that futureshop has 66 units currently being shipped and they said they won't break the street date (like they did with the SP), it's going to be first come first serve.

Or maybe I'm underestimating rabid Nintendo fans...

Re-read your initial post, mate. :lol

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I see no harm in trying to get one anyway. It's not like I have to be up that early (11 am Sunday opening where I am) and I can try some of the other larger stores around where people hopefully won't realise they have a gaming department.

puck1337 said:
Whatever. That price is almost perfectly in line with the current exchange rate.

US Retail: $149.99 ($180.65 CDN)
EB CDN Retail: $199.99 + tax

Markup just shy of twenty bucks. If Bestbuy or FS sells at $180 the markup is a dud. As mentioned below, there is a sales tax of 14% (7% alberta) for canadian purchases, which just makes it look uglier with the markup.

...Besides, I could use that extra cash to put towards Mario64DS. Or the inevitable warranty (which I admit came in handy for the SP)

I wonder what sort of warranty plan Bestbuy Canada offers. EBgames Canada (or at least the Calgary stores) won't pricematch consoles, only games (and that requires the competing store to have the game in stock)

Hmm...

neptunes

Crazymoogle said:
I wonder what sort of warranty plan Bestbuy Canada offers. EBgames Canada (or at least the Calgary stores) won't pricematch consoles, only games (and that requires the competing store to have the game in stock)

Hmm...

Sucks to be in calgary, :p

Some of the EB's here in ontario do pricematches.

When I bought my GC at EBgames in janurary 2002, they matched the price of a nearby wal-mart that was selling it for $10 less.

Top Bottom