• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Development Emulator Revealed

neptunes

more info here
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=5611

nitro.jpg

This is a more advanced unit than the bare chipset originally released to some developers. Functionally, they are similar except that the cased emulator supports the touchscreen feature on the included DS prototype (still in its E3 form, as you can see). We are currently unsure of how touchscreen features are tested on the old version; perhaps the display is shown on a connected PC and can be manipulated with a mouse or PC touchpad input. Regardless, this newer emulator accepts direct touchscreen input just like a normal, production DS, making it easier for developers to understand how players will interact with the touchscreen.

The IS stands for Intelligent systems and it's still code-named nitro.

They haven't gotten around to giving developers the new model yet.

miyuru

Deku Tree said:
Are all Dev kits that ugly?

Why didn't they at least pick a better color for that box?

The 'Cube dev kits were just teal coloured 'Cubes I think, pretty cool. Xbox SDK's were just the translucent green Xboxs.

Deku Tree said:
Are all Dev kits that ugly?

Why didn't they at least pick a better color for that box?

What? Have Nintendo spend money on hiring a hardware designer for something that only developer would see? Funny thought, that.

snapty00

Banned
Yeah, it'd be a bit worthless to design a box that only a few folks will see, none of which (should) care what it looks like.

Having said that...
Dragona Akehi said:
What? Have Nintendo spend money on hiring a hardware designer for something that only developer would see? Funny thought, that.
:lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to photoshop a smog check logo onto the dev kit, but then I thought that most people outside of California would probably not know what the fuck it was...

Do other states have smogg checks or only CA? =/

Top Bottom