• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem: Critical Mass |OT| This game exists and will suck balls of steel

Roxas

YES THIS GAME IS STILL HAPPENING

cmlogo.png

Title: Duke Nukem: Critical Mass
Platform: Nintendo DS/DSi
Players: One
Developer: Apogee
Publisher: Deep Silver
Release Date:
Europe = April 8th 2011
US = Unknown
Japan = Unknown

dntrilogy_logo.png

Concerned that no recon mission has returned from the future, the Earth Defense Force is sending their best man, Duke Nukem to find out what is going on and to bring the team home. Duke arrives in the future only to find aliens now rule the world with an iron fist, and worst of all they are conducting experiments on earth’s most valuable resource – its women! Duke is hell bent on saving the babes and completing his mission and in the process discovers he is the reason why earth was invaded.

f2ko5k.jpg

Have some media, lol

The infamous E3 2008 reveal
An old trailer

LOOK AT THIS PIECE OF SHIT!

DNDS-SS-Egypt-3rd-person-action.jpg
DNDS-SS-Duke-vs-Octabrain-Tokyo.jpg
DNDS-SS-Downtown-London.jpg
DNDS-SS-3rd-Person-Action-LA.jpg

On the plus side the game is being released as a budget game in the UK (around £17.99 or less on most online stores)

Reviews

- JuexVideo - 2/20 aka 1/10 !!

the following are from metacritic....

games(TM) - " Like booting up a mediocre run-and-gunner from the mid-Nineties." [Issue#109, p.114] 40%

GamingXPJun - "The name of the game is just wrong. It should be called Critical Disaster instead of Critical Mass." 35% (GERMAN)

SpazioGames - "Duke Nukem: Critical Mass is a terrible game. Forget it, wait for the big return." 35%

Official Nintendo Magazine - "Shoddily made, uglier than Ugly McUglyson and an incredibly frustrating game" 29%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this OT sucks, but fucks sake who is going to buy this really? (except me)

Takao

Banned
PSP version canned for being awful?

thebeeks said:
I'm more interested in the banana and fish Duke appears to be holding in images 1 and 4.

I think image four is a fish.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
whatisthisidonteven

Takao said:
I think image four is a fish.

That's what he meant. Just imagine the word "respectively" is at the end of his post.

faridmon

I am intrested in buying this If this becomes a good game. Otherwise no. Never been a fan of teh Dke since the platforming age.

Takao

Banned
rainking187 said:
Yeah, I thought they changed the name to Guy Everyman, or something equally generic.

It was supposed to be EXTRACTION POINT: ALIEN SHOOTOUT starring Cam Nash. But apparently Apogee looked over their rights and they were good with the Duke Nukem franchise.

Huh, I could have sworn that the developer was taken off this project and the games were subsequently canned.

Guess they want a portable title to go along with Duke Nukem Forever's release.

Xater

Takao said:
It was supposed to be EXTRACTION POINT: ALIEN SHOOTOUT starring Cam Nash. But apparently Apogee looked over their rights and they were good with the Duke Nukem franchise.

It's really disappointing that they might make some money of the Duke Nukem name. This game really looks like a big steaming pile of shit.

Bear

Deep Silver's logo is on the front cover? I thought Nintendo had some weird rule about only letting publishers do that and required developers to put their logo on the back.

Shiggy

Bear said:
Deep Silver's logo is on the front cover? I thought Nintendo had some weird rule about only letting publishers do that and required developers to put their logo on the back.

They are the publisher. The first post got the information about publisher/developer a little bit wrong.

Roxas

got this baby preordered.

at least when this gets talked in the same breath as "worst games ever" i can say i was there day 1 :lol:

Roxas

my copy has been dispatched, oh lord this is going to be funny.

I'll put youtube vids up of this turd tomorrow

DryvBy

Jocchan said:
They could rename him Dune Kukem. Problem solved.

Last Duke Kukem game that came out was horrible. And the dialog was horrid!

"Blow it out your penis!" - Duke Kukem

Roxas

Got the game this morning, and i have to say, although it is awful in many ways, it is also quite fun just running through the levels blasting shit up with my shotgun and "banana gun".

Sew

Neo Child said:
I want a Duke Nukem like DN1 or 2. Maybe a DN2 remake.
How great would it be to see a good 2D (or even 2.5D) Duke remake on the DS instead of this rubbish!

Roxas said:
Got the game this morning, and i have to say, although it is awful in many ways, it is also quite fun just running through the levels blasting shit up with my shotgun and "banana gun".
Pics and/or vids! Actually gifs for the fun.

Suairyu

Banned
I mean, I know the result was the sensible thing to expect from the state of the reveal trailer, but I always thought it would be an even better joke if the games turned out to actually be really good.

Way to waste the potentially best joke ever, Apogee. Yours could have been the new MGS2 trailer in terms of twist made apparent by the game itself.

Top Bottom