• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem: Critical Mass |OT| This game exists and will suck balls of steel

Salsa

I thought this had lost the Duke rights and was called some horrific generic name instead.

edit: oh just found the news. Nevermind.

Roxas

Tyrant_Onion said:
There's a new trailer:

Duke Nukem New Trailer

Any more impressions Roxas?

Yes, now that the novelty of running through the same levels and settings shooting shit up has worn off, i can see just how terrible this is. Graphics are pathetic and are waaaaay worse than even the PS1 games.

The shooting is just plain wierd. Im shooting enemies right infront of me, and about 50% of the bullets dont even register.

The game was clearly changed back to Duke Nukem at the last moment too . Its like they slapped back the main character to Duke, added in some Women and a few pig cops, and voila! a Duke Nukem game. Some of the enemies later on dont belong in a Duke game, giant robots? ehhh....

The only redeeming factors it has so far is that i can use the analogue stick on the 3DS to control Duke. And also Jon St. John doing the VO again.

I'm uploading a quick vid of me blasting through the 1st level. Not very good and has no sound though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Rj33QG5Lw

TheOGB

Banned
Roxas said:
Yes, now that the novelty of running through the same levels and settings shooting shit up has worn off, i can see just how terrible this is. Graphics are pathetic and are waaaaay worse than even the PS1 games.

The shooting is just plain wierd. Im shooting enemies right infront of me, and about 50% of the bullets dont even register.

The game was clearly changed back to Duke Nukem at the last moment too . Its like they slapped back the main character to Duke, added in some Women and a few pig cops, and voila! a Duke Nukem game. Some of the enemies later on dont belong in a Duke game, giant robots? ehhh....

The only redeeming factors it has so far is that i can use the analogue stick on the 3DS to control Duke. And also Jon St. John doing the VO again.

I'm uploading a quick vid of me blasting through the 1st level. Not very good and has no sound though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Rj33QG5Lw
Bwahahaha, same death animation every time

Wow. I watched the video, first though "Oh! It actually doesn't look too bad!"

Then I watched Duke's shooting animation. And punch.

.__.

goodcow

Teknoman said:
With something so crappy, arent they just damaging the brand?

600full-shadow-the-hedgehog-artwork.jpg

omg... the graphics are going critical, sir! We must do something before it goes under the PSP threshold!

duke-nukem-forever-theme-10.png
Warning! Critical ass level reached! Warning!
duke-nukem-forever-theme-10.png

NOOOOOOOOO!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
TruePrime said:
Now this just raises the question, how long till people start defending this piece of trash like they do Shadow.
Whait, did you just said that there are people who defend Shadow?

Really?

mrpeabody

DN1 and 2 are still fun little platformers, and have never been rereleased as far as I can tell. Update the sprites and sound, add some music, and boom, you have something a million times more fun than this turd.

Yottamole

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Ha, the first half of that trailer looks like a totally different game, and they just Photoshopped "BABES" and a poorly pasted picture of Duke into it.
The first half feels like Mass Effect 3.

Top Bottom