• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkin' Donuts returns to the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tame

Yaaaaas the buggers better open up one locally, it was a sad day when I no longer get a Boston cream donut on my Glasgow shopping trip.

tryed krispy Kreme, really didn't like they're stuff.

I hope it comes full circle and Arbys reopens a chain in union st. (glasgow)

kurbaan

Banned
I tremble at the day Dunkin Donuts collides with the true king of coffee

timhortons.jpg

Damn right. French Vanilla is where its at.

Greggs has an extremely strong hold on the budget side of the market here. And the issue with coffee shops in this country is that we also drink loads of tea. So the market is limited.

Plus, this country really prefers pies and pasties to doughnuts.

I saw figures a while ago and per person on average British people drink about the same amount of coffee (might have even been slightly more than) as the average American, we just drink loads of tea as well

I was distraught when they left the UK...I was also a child at the time. I look forward to trying them out, as a more mature member of society.

Nothing beats a freshly made gravy ring.

Although after a trip to Canada I have found the fresh Tim Horton's Maple Creams to be pretty darned good.

kurbaan

Banned
You don't get to mix your own cream/suger in your coffee at TH (at least the one I went to once in Vancouver). That's unamerican.

Thats the best thing. Why do I have to pay more AND mix my own coffee like a peasant at Starbucks or these other places.

s_mirage

Wait, Dunkin Donuts has been gone 20 years? Is that right? Either this news makes me feel very old or perhaps they meant that it's been 20 years since they last entered the market, which makes sense from my memories.

ATF487

I tremble at the day Dunkin Donuts collides with the true king of coffee

timhortons.jpg

Kind of wish these would get down to Boston so i could try one, i always see the tim hortons ads during hockey games

DD is fine for some things, but their standard drip coffee is pretty poor. When the weather cools a bit I'll be getting some pumpkin spiced lattes on the reg though

Wait, Dunkin Donuts has been gone 20 years? Is that right? Either this news makes me feel very old or perhaps they meant that it's been 20 years since they last entered the market, which makes sense from my memories.

I was definitely at one here in NI more recently than 20 years ago.

I think Krispy Kreme has pretty much stolen that open spot, I remember going to the one in Edinburgh like 2 weeks after opening and there queue was round the block. WTF? For donuts?...and £14 a box?

Replicant

I think Krispy Kreme has pretty much stolen that open spot, I remember going to the one in Edinburgh like 2 weeks after opening and there queue was round the block. WTF? For donuts?...and £14 a box?

Opening craze and nothing more. Something similar happened here in Sydney, Australia a few weeks after their opening. Now? You'll be lucky to see a few people inside the store at any given time. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom