• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E! visits Carl's Jr. HQ for test burger sneak peek: Meatballs, Mac & Cheese, and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This was from a few months ago, but doesn't seem to have been posted here yet.

http://www.eonline.com/news/741520/...0-menu-items-ever-see-them-before-anyone-else

When will these bad boys be available in restaurants? We can't say, but now you know what to look out for next time you're in the drive-through.

Pizza Thickburger - Pepperoni slices as the main topping, with what looks like mozerella.

fmGaJWo.jpg

Meatball Thickburger - Meatballs instead of pepperoni.

hAwrl4y.jpg

Bacon Mac 'N Cheese Thickburger - Topped with macaroni and cheese sauce, with some bacon thrown in.

puZAZy3.jpg

Burgerito - Looks like a burger topped with ground beef buritto filling and tortilla chips?

mZyTsRg.jpg

They also saw the Pepperoni Pizza Fries that were being tested last year.

7eCjsnB.jpg

painey

I want that mac and cheese burger, but Hardees should go full 'Walking Ched' where the bun is 2 pieces of friend mac and cheese too
tumblr_nj64q4ayxS1sesi4po1_500.jpg

MrDaravon

It looks fucking terrible but I actually kinda want the fries just because I love pepperoni and french fries so I'm morbidly curious what that combination is like.

Jonbo298

I want that mac and cheese burger, but Hardees should go full 'Walking Ched' where the bun is 2 pieces of friend mac and cheese too
tumblr_nj64q4ayxS1sesi4po1_500.jpg

They can't top Zombie Burger (now I'm craving it, thanks), but Hardee's/Carl's Jr can top the fast food burger arena.

Probably the last time I'll ever say anything should use anything but sliced pepperoni, but those Pizza fries should use the little cubed/ground pepperoni instead of slices. It kind of bothers me.

I would totally go for the bacon mac 'n cheese one...

...if fast food bacon were ever any good. It's always absolutely disgusting

Maybe just the mac 'n cheese with no bacon though

windz

I don't even care, assuming I am not allergic to something in it, will eat. Get in mah belly. I think the Bacon Mac and Cheese...has a chance of being stellar. But it's probably gonna be bland mac and cheese with undercooked bacon. Maybe ask for extra crispy? The more I type the more I am uncertain of my life choices.

(I will maybe try one once a week on my "bad" decision day...the problem is I can probably only consume the burger itself and that's it lol).

PsychBat!

Banned
I would totally go for the bacon mac 'n cheese one...

...if fast food bacon were ever any good. It's always absolutely disgusting

Maybe just the mac 'n cheese with no bacon though

I ordered bacon and cheese fries at Carl's Jr once and I had the misfortune of chewing on a piece of fat that tasted nothing like the bacon it came from.

It ruined any chance of enjoying Double Westerns for the foreseeable future.

windz

I just don't understand why companies don't take the time to cook their bacon longer to make the entire fast food experience better. Like, we are coming here probably paying more than we should, for probably sub-par food, but it's quick and we obviously are here cause you are doing something right in some fashion. Also, we're lazy, or have had the most fucking hectic day at work and simply want to eat something remotely tasty...give us some fucking crispy bacon. We all want bacon. Pls halp.

Starviper

The burgerito isn't a terrible idea I just don't get why it needs the extra layer of beef.. Like just season the patty.

And then the burger with meatballs on top of it? Like wtf?? Gotta get that extra helping of beef up in there I guess..

I see no problem with any of these, but that might be because I'm a bit hungry. The Meatball Burger and Mac and Cheese in particular look pretty appealing.

Ponn

Banned
Not really a fan of fries topped with stuff but i'm interested in trying all those burgers. I only wish the Mac and Cheese burger used fried and mac and cheese as the topping.

Those things in theory could be very good, but not fast food versions.

I think a bacon mac and cheese burger could be amazing, but like I said, not necessarily the fast food variety.

Those pepperoni cheese fries do look like they would be really good. Hard to mess that up.

Mmmm, that Mac n cheese burger.

Hope these come to Hardee's too, that's all we have in the Midwest. My understanding from working at a Hardee's during college is that they're pretty much the exact same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom