• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eastside hockey manager NOW FOR SALE

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
815.jpg

yes, that's right, you can buy and download to your computer as it's gone... ummm well not really gold but close enough :)

http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=965

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=view&id=221

full 6-month demo here:

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=view&id=217

Excited? I AM!!!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
im in two minds about this, i love sigames, but dont understand ice hockey...at all, think i'll leave it to the canuks for the time being.

Hope they release Football Manager as downloadable though... :D

DopeyFish

argh they list aki berg having a superb reputation GAH :(

edit: woah! they have like friends stuff in here too! "Tie Domi thinks Brian Leetch is this and that" lol awesome :D

pilonv1

Ghost said:
im in two minds about this, i love sigames, but dont understand ice hockey...at all, think i'll leave it to the canuks for the time being.

Hope they release Football Manager as downloadable though... :D

I'm in the same boat as you - love SI, love Championship Manager but only watch NHL on ESPN casually. I might give the demo a try, hopefully it's on a similar scale to the CM series.

DopeyFish

pilonv1 said:
I'm in the same boat as you - love SI, love Championship Manager but only watch NHL on ESPN casually. I might give the demo a try, hopefully it's on a similar scale to the CM series.

tons of leagues from minors to majors :D

you can have contract clauses, your managers, your scouts...

(and for the maple leafs... complain to the NHL about referees TEE HEE!) :D

case in point... i think it's got a ton of options and i have barely done anything

pilonv1

Sounds just like ChampMan then. How interactive is it with players? Can you fine/warn/criticise/praise them? Do they have morale? How involved is the training?

DopeyFish

im still trying to figure out how to train people, i see it but im retarded or something

They have morale, they have physical condition, you can discipline ask him take a physical, etc.

pilonv1

Sounds like I need to get this demo. Sports Interactive are gods.

Speaking of management sims, I wonder whatever happened to Front Office Football?

DopeyFish

wanna know what's damn cool? When you export a report on the game, it looks almost the same as an official NHL one.

pilonv1

Thanks, I picked up the first FOF back in the day. I'm interested to see how Jim has been improving it after the download fiascos with FOF 2.

DopeyFish

"Mikael Renberg will be out of action for about ten days after he suffered a skate bite in practice on Tuesday"

o_O

pilonv1

I hope EHM doesn't have the same sorts of injury plagues previous versions of CM had (where 4-5 players would pick up 2 month injuries - usually groin strains or knee problems) within a few days of each other.

DopeyFish

pilonv1 said:
I hope EHM doesn't have the same sorts of injury plagues previous versions of CM had (where 4-5 players would pick up 2 month injuries - usually groin strains or knee problems) within a few days of each other.

So far i've only had 2 people injured at once... 1 was injured from the previous season but i'm really only through 10 games.

This game emulates real life farely well :) I aced the preseason killing all the swedish clubs, made work with montreal and atlanta. Then! My Leafs got a 7-2 drubbing at the hands of the Flyers :(

pilonv1

Does it simulate other professional (or at least foreign) leagues you can sign talent from? World Champs/Olympics? And what about the draft? I can feel the CM addiction setting in again :(

Kon Tiki

Banned
pilonv1 said:
Does it simulate other professional (or at least foreign) leagues you can sign talent from? World Champs/Olympics? And what about the draft? I can feel the CM addiction setting in again :(
I just played a bit of this game. Yes, it shows you the foreign result of matchs that involve your prospects.

DopeyFish

in the demo, you might need the faststart packs or something if you want to play as a minor team :) from areas like Canada, Finland, Sweden, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Russia, Norway, UK, France and Denmark.

Top Bottom