• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ebert & Roeper give Spider-Man 2 the Federman treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Dunst still hasn't topped her performance in Interview with the Vampire.

And Maguire's best work can be seen in Wonder Boys.

lexbubble

cool. can't wait to see this movie. i will be there with bells on.

imo..dunst came close in Bring It On- a personal fav!

Mashing

I think Tobey had a better performance in that movie about the young guy who would become a NASA Engineer... I forget the name of it.

calder

Eh, as someone who, a few months back during lunch, saw a crackwhore in the Burger King parking lot hopping from foot to foot and shoving a hand underneath her ratty miniskirt to furiously scratch her (presumably vermin-ridden) girl bits only to bolt off running to meet her pimp/pusher's car when it pulled up all I can say is we should all be so lucky that crack whores looked like that.

Willco

Hollywood Square
calder said:
Eh, as someone who, a few months back during lunch, saw a crackwhore in the Burger King parking lot hopping from foot to foot and shoving a hand underneath her ratty miniskirt to furiously scratch her (presumably vermin-ridden) girl bits only to bolt off running to meet her pimp/pusher's car when it pulled up all I can say is we should all be so lucky that crack whores looked like that.

Amen. You Dunst haters are ridiculous.

Shinobi

Spike Spiegel said:
77906321824.50.GIF

Here's another take on that cover by Romita Sr. that's being sold as a litho by DF:

spideylitho.jpg

My dad had this comic in England...I read it all the time. Shame it got left behind.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
calder said:

This is, by far, the greatest run on sentence in the history of Earth. Made better by actually speaking it outloud in one breath. =D

Rock on Calder. Rock on.

Insertia

The song in the commercials sucks.

One reason Spiderman was so successful (imo) is because it had a kick ass single, Hero.

The promotional posters, as somebody else mentioned, are really beautiful. That one poster with Peter looking out onto the city actually had me in a trance it was so nice. Just the coloring of the horizon (goldish) mixed with the insane view and dramatic pose without the mask on is quite awe-inspiring. Can anybody dig that picture up?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Insertia said:
The song in the commercials sucks.

One reason Spiderman was so successful (imo) is because it had a kick ass single, Hero.

What are you talking about. "Hero" sucked. It was one of those flash in the pan songs that nobody really cares about anymore. All the music songs inspired or from the original soundtrack pretty much sucked.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Willco said:
What are you talking about. "Hero" sucked. It was one of those flash in the pan songs that nobody really cares about anymore. All the music songs inspired or from the original soundtrack pretty much sucked.
True.
evil ways said:
The song from Spiderman 2 sucks, it's too whiny.
Also true.

Shinobi

Willco said:

More then a few people said it was a complete rip of Seal's "Kiss From A Rose", which was used for Batman Forever. I'm not sure I agree entirely with that (outside of them both being waltz's), but Rose was a timeless song that I can still listen to while Hero got old within months of hitting the airwaves.

Roger Ebert gave Garfield a very high review. In fact, Metacritic finds that he scored the movie hire than any other critic listed.

Willco

Hollywood Square
mjq jazz bar said:
Roger Ebert gave Garfield a very high review. In fact, Metacritic finds that he scored the movie hire than any other critic listed.

Yeah, and Spielberg made 1941. Your point?

mattx5

mjq jazz bar said:
I'm not understanding the comparison.

Ebert is a great film critic, even if I find that he loves tons of horrible movies.

And Spielberg is a great director, even though he's made a stinker or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom