• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemies you love?

I saw the enemies you hate thread and decided to make one about enemies you love.

I like Sephiroth. Very mysterious and such a bad ass.

57.jpg

Creature-People-Sephiroth-01.png

I also liked that rabbit in the basement of Super Mario 64... I was surprised when i saw it for the first time.

LAMBO

diecolossus.png

The Shivans. 2 Freespace games and we don't know why they want to kill us, why they sent the Cappella star supernova, and why didn't they just march into our home systems with their 80 Sathanas ships.

Yes those things around the star is their fleet.

Poison, Final Fight: Taught me an important lesson. To see some titties, all you gotta to is punch a bitch in the face.

Risky Boots and Naga, Shantae: What more needs be said?

Takuan

Master Tonberry
Clawed Soldiers from SH:C who go "UWEEE!" when they die
Goombas
The pots from FFVII with imps/goblins in 'em that say "Gimme Elixir!"
... A lot more.

way more

The Half-Life marine
marine.jpg

I would replay the levels with these guys over and over. I would quicksave and play the individual rooms with these guys over and over.

and these cruel, nimble, bitches.
assassin.jpg

Frighting A.I.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
akascream said:
This thread represents everything evil about gaming today. Thx.

Hmm? I don't see why...

There were tons of awesome enemies in older games. From simple arcade style bosses to fully developed villians in the various RPGs...things really haven't changed that much.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
bowser.gif

ganon.jpg

I have many more favorites, but those are the first two that come to mind. I mostly like Bowser just for the whole nostalgia/traditional vibe you get from the entire Koopa Klan (plus whenever he gets dialogue he tends to be pretty funny). As for Ganon, he's been developeed beautifully over the last few years. :eek:

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Kefka, hands down. If there was ever a character that was purely insane, it would sum this guy up.

Cliff racers.

Oh, wait, LOVE?

Probably the majority of enemies in Conker's Bad Fur Day. The giant haystack, the dung beetles, etc.

I also thought those electric turtles who throw their shells at you and you have to spray them with water before they boomerang back in Super Mario Sunshine was a really clever enemy design.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I always loved the Ganondorf fights, especially in Wind Waker, where you strike an energy ball back and forth until someone is hit. :)

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I always loved the Ganondorf fights, especially in Wind Waker, where you strike an energy ball back and forth until someone is hit.

I hope you’re being sarcastic because that was done on the N64 and SNES!

Kon Tiki

Banned
Kiriku said:
I always loved the Ganondorf fights, especially in Wind Waker, where you strike an energy ball back and forth until someone is hit. :)
Was fun in OOT. I remember doing a 3 heart run (no faires) and using the hammer to volley the shots. One hit and it was game over. :(

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest I thought it was lame because it had been done twice before, sorry but something new would have been nice.

Nintendo not only whoring franchisees and old games but boss battles to!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Do The Mario said:
To be honest I thought it was lame because it had been done twice before, sorry but something new would have been nice.

Nintendo not only whoring franchisees and old games but boss battles to!

Well, as I said, I've always loved those battles. Ever since Zelda: ALTTP. Maybe it's the intensity, getting the timing right or something. Admittedly, it's not that hard, especially not in Wind Waker, but I still love the concept of it (and the little sound that's heard everytime someone strikes the energy ball in WW was cool). I actually missed a couple of times on purpose just to make it last longer in WW. :|

Top Bottom