• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The coolest enemies in gaming?

For me, one of the best bosses in gaming
1366DBB313D1289AF028855E6E4939A0B4D81E9C
I definitely agree... although I like his more "modern" designs a lot more. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, even Hyrule Warriors... and of course THE KING from TotK (most of his forms, including the Phantoms, are peak).
LImUSKf.png

Dazraell

Mimics in Arkane's Prey were neat. Such a cool concept for the enemy. While their design is the standard type of enemy you seen in various games, the fact they can pose as any object in the room meant you never knew where they are hiding

niilokin

Barons_of_Hell.png

OG Baron of Hell from Doom, what an intimidating opponent, the aggro sound and death screams are still as haunting as a kid. Doom 3 Hellknight is also cool. Sort of enemies that I never find annoying.

5jlbw8jz4qv11.jpg

First generation Warcraft death knights, before Lich King and worse, Shadowlands crap!

Bloodborne has tons of cool enemies, especially all the Beast ones!

Beast-model.jpg

Blood 3D Beast boss is also creepy as fuck, has that old school movie practical effect vibe going

STARSBarry

Gold Member

These dudes made the game for me, I love their encounter design. It reminds me of how Jurassic Park described velociraptors.

Always showing in at least pairs, one purposefully tries to get your attention while the other flanks and attacks from behind or the side.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I really like the updated design for Lynels in BotW/TortK. They’re fun to fight as well:
Gold-lynel-artwork.jpg

The chainsaw dude from RE4 is also very memorable to me:
re4_chainsaw_ganado_caf9b97a-c254-44ef-9057-fddc6260d311.jpg

Not sure if this is particularly cool, but I’ve always loved the scarecrow in Spyro that turns out to just be an angry sheep on stilts when you defeat him:
toasty-spyro.jpg

There’s certainly a ton more though. That’s just from the top of my head.

IAmRei

vLRZXd4.png

Kefka, is the best for me. Although he is pretty much easy, if you play this game with grinding or using overpowered build.

Top Bottom