• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enterbrain Sales 3 - 9 Jan

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Deku said:
Question: isn't weekly production at about 100k? why did the numbers show only 55k sold.

Maybe Sony's trying to limit the losses over the holiday?

GDGF

Soothsayer
gofreak said:
Was PSP really less available last week than it was previously?

How many are Sony supposed to be putting out per week? I thought it was up and around the 100k mark?

Those NDS numbers make me very happy. As an aside, I've been saying for awhile now that I didn't think Sony would be able to manufacture nearly as many PSP units as they originaly said.

Trust the soothsayer, biatch! :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
They originally said they'd have 500K for Dec. 2004 and they did. Their next stated milestone is to ship 3 million by end of March 2005. See you then.

GDGF

Soothsayer
They also said that they'd have 100,000 units available weekly after the original benchmark. Either they lied, or they aren't selling. Pick your excuse :)

(edit: and I don't think they'll hit th 3 Million by March mark either.)

Deg

Banned
Cruel Bastard Mario said:
They also said that they'd have 100,000 units available weekly after the original benchmark. Either they lied, or they aren't selling. Pick your excuse :)

Easily will. Europe and US launches will be done.

Miburou

krypt0nian said:
And remember folks, if Nintendo were to have botched launch availibity like this it would have been "Stupid Nintendo" and "Nintendo mistake #24553"

But SONY gets a pass here. LOL

So much bitterness. This forum can't seriously be good for your health.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Deg said:
Easily will. Europe and US launches will be done.

I don't doubt their ability to launch in Europe and the US this March, I just think that if they do (certainly judging by their inability to properly stock just one territory) that they will launch with limited product. That's why I say 3 million by March isn't likely. I could be wrong, but again, I've been pretty good about calling these things so far :)

Edit: And as I said earlier, I still think that there is an outside chance that Sony will delay the launch in an effort to produce more product. That's Sony's choice, however. Lean launch in March vs. sufficient units and a delay of several months.

Bebpo

Banned
PSP shipments were definitely shorter that week. It's still nowhere to be found and none of the stores around me have gotten more than 1-2 units in since around Dec.25th according to the employees.

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
PSP shipments were definitely shorter that week. It's still nowhere to be found and none of the stores around me have gotten more than 1-2 units in since around Dec.25th according to the employees.
Me and DCharlie didn't have much problem picking up units in Akihabara on Saturday afternoon ;) Not sure who they were for though (mine was actually me buying on behalf of DCharlie anyway).

Raw64life

Bebpo said:

Wow that's terrible if true. I'd hate to be the manager of a store getting swarmed by people demanding PSPs and then opening the box to find 1 PSP in it.

Bebpo

Banned
Raw64life said:
Wow that's terrible if true. I'd hate to be the manager of a store getting swarmed by people demanding PSPs and then opening the box to find 1 PSP in it.

Well to be fair, these stores are located in the middle of nowhere, so they aren't exactly high priority on Sony's list ^^;

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Raw64life said:

Couldn't something like that hurt Sony's relationship with retailers?

Firest0rm

With a note inside saying "I'll gladly give you PSPs tuesday for your money today" ;)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Cruel Bastard Mario said:
Or try paying closer attention...the 100,000 a week was only through the end of december. Nothing was stated for shipments into 2005.

Like I said, see you then. So far your track record only shows you have a bad memory but no soothsaying ability, yet.

Brofist

Miburou said:
So much bitterness. This forum can't seriously be good for your health.

hehe yeah really. this guy probably make a small slit in his arm with a razor blade to notch every DS sold.

heidern

Heres the weekly Enterbrain and MC data since the psp launch in direct comparison:

Enterbrain - Media Create(rounded down to nearest 1000 units)
PSP
166,000 160,000
081,000 085,000
092,000 107,000
111,000 129,000
055,000 ???,???

DS
181,000 198,000
220,000 221,000
252,000 396,000
173,000 209,000
132,000 ???,???

In both cases Enterbrain has been fairly consistent in underscoring sales by a fairly small, but significant margin(apart from DS Christmas week). Expecting psp to jump and DS not to with MC is clutching at straws. Seems likely psp will be at 60-70K for the week, with the DS probably between 140-150K. Unless there has been a major cock up somewhere(although that seems unlikely).

The question is, have sony cut down on the supplies or are psps not being sold? If the latter, then sony are in deep shit. If the former, they really need to sort it, otherwise the DS will soon be 2M ahead, that's even before they release the killer app likes of JSS and Mario Kart.

They have a target of 3M by March, so with 500K already out that means another 2.5M these 3 months. I'd expect 500K for each launch, so that would leave 1.5M in Japan. That is 500K per month, or 125K per week. For a system to sell like that is very strong, especially now that the holiday season is over. I dunno, seems unlikely Sony will hit their shipment target.

Mrbob

heidern said:
The question is, have sony cut down on the supplies or are psps not being sold? If the latter, then sony are in deep shit. I

Is this a rhetorical question or are you actually serious?

Broshnat

Banned
jarrod said:
My numbers would... that's what Sony said the game shipped (11.3 million by sometime in 2003 iirc, an extra 700k or so since then seems pretty reasonable for a GT). Both Sony and Nintendo include "bundle sales" when they give numbers iirc.

1.88m in Japan is SCE's official number, including bundled copies and greatest hits.

NPD has GT3 on around 3.5m if I remember including greatest hits, and the bundle did around 850k according to some figures that were released a short while back.
I'd put that at around 4.5m total then to cover any extra copies sold.

In Europe, the UK counts for about 1/3 of the market, and GT3 has "only" sold 850k there including Greatest Hits release.
FIFA 2004, which is enormous in Europe, has only sold 2.5 million. I find it hard to believe GT3 has sold more than 4.0m in Europe.

I'm not sure what these figures are that Sony publish sometimes, but 12m is a bit high...

Mario 64 DS has done around 600k in Japan, and I'd have thought a similar amount in the US, so yeah- 1.2-1.3m sounds about right.

Super Mario Advance did 4.5m, as did Mario Kart:SC and Mario Advance 2, so Mario 64 DS will have some legs yet...

Broshnat

Banned
heidern said:
Heres the weekly Enterbrain and MC data since the psp launch in direct comparison:

Enterbrain - Media Create(rounded down to nearest 1000 units)
PSP
166,000 160,000
081,000 085,000
092,000 107,000
111,000 129,000
055,000 ???,???

DS
181,000 198,000
220,000 221,000
252,000 396,000
173,000 209,000
132,000 ???,???

In both cases Enterbrain has been fairly consistent in underscoring sales by a fairly small, but significant margin(apart from DS Christmas week). Expecting psp to jump and DS not to with MC is clutching at straws. Seems likely psp will be at 60-70K for the week, with the DS probably between 140-150K. Unless there has been a major cock up somewhere(although that seems unlikely).

The question is, have sony cut down on the supplies or are psps not being sold? If the latter, then sony are in deep shit. If the former, they really need to sort it, otherwise the DS will soon be 2M ahead, that's even before they release the killer app likes of JSS and Mario Kart.

They have a target of 3M by March, so with 500K already out that means another 2.5M these 3 months. I'd expect 500K for each launch, so that would leave 1.5M in Japan. That is 500K per month, or 125K per week. For a system to sell like that is very strong, especially now that the holiday season is over. I dunno, seems unlikely Sony will hit their shipment target.

I shouldn't think MC's numbers will be much different this week:

PSP 60k
DS 140k

Guess it's kinda impressive that Everybody's Golf and Dynasty Warriors did another 30k this week. I have a feeling the software tie-ratio is better for PSP than DS. Probably something like 1.6 compared to 1.3 at a guess.

Top Bottom