• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic knows its game store social features ‘suck,’ but it wants to fix that.

ssringo

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios

Just kidding. Won't make a difference to me. Just find it funny.

calistan

I completely gave up on their store/launcher and uninstalled the damned thing. Got sick of having to log in all the time.

Had to lose a few games but I re-bought the ones I still wanted on Steam.

Audiophile

The entire things sucks. They're a multibillion corporation with vast resources. They shouldn't "want", they should just "do".

There's no reason a $30B company can't have a fully functioning high quality piece of software of this type with a great UI, a great UX and all basic features implemented within a year. There are no excuses. It's a lack of will.

Generic

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I'm at home sick and have opened 5, possibly 6 PC launchers going at the same time.
Steam, Epic, CoG, Xbox, Meta Quest link, and I think Ubi badge is showing in the corner.
Everything is working.

Generic

The entire things sucks. They're a multibillion corporation with vast resources. They shouldn't "want", they should just "do".

There's no reason a $30B company can't have a fully functioning high quality piece of software of this type with a great UI, a great UX and all basic features implemented within a year. There are no excuses. It's a lack of will.
There's no reason a billionaire company like Valve can't offer a cashback system on Steam, but for some reason they don't do it.

Gamezone

Gold Member
They literally wasted their advantage. Ubisoft was their last big publisher. Recently they announced the return to Steam on day one. Their free games a have also gotten worse. From big AAA games to crap indie games.

Zacfoldor

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back. - Hunter S Thompson

It's over Epic, take your time.

Top Bottom