• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EpicBattleCry |OT| Gaming's Most Brutal Podcast

antitrop

dCVQhbf.jpg

EpicBattleCry is a weekly, ~1 hour audio/video podcast focusing on games, the gaming industry, and the issues that matter to gamers.

The flagship podcast of Daniel Kayser's EpicBattleAxe is also hosted regularly on GameTrailers.

THE HOSTS
--------------

Daniel Kayser
@danielkayser

Z7vYksw.jpg

"Games industry veteran, writer/producer and presenter Daniel Kayser contributes to various gaming outlets and is best-known for his role as Editorial Producer and Host for GameTrailers TV, GameTrailers.com and MTV Networks. He is also one of the co-creators and driving forces behind the Side Mission gaming news/features blog on GameTrailers.com and the Founder/Editor-In-Chief of the community-driven games industry blog EpicBattleAxe.com.

Originally from New York, Daniel Kayser's GTTV hosting duties have taken him around the world including France, Germany, England, Japan, Croatia, China, Canada as well as throughout the United States. As the co-host of GameTrailers TV on SPIKE (Viacom), Kayser has interviewed sports legends, gaming icons, music artists and entertainment personalities ranging from Tiger Woods to Shigeru Miyamoto, Elijah Wood, Dan Akroyd, John Elway, Stan Lee, Dwight Howard, Perry Farrell, Eliza Dushku, Kurt Schilling, Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee, Brett Farve, Jesper Kyd, Akira Yamaoka, as well as executives from the top gaming companies including Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Electronic Arts and Ubisoft."
http://danielkayser.squarespace.com/bio/

Viking Brent Adams
@vikingbrent

LN9szbi.jpg

Podcaster covering the video game industry at http://EpicBattleAxe.com where he co-hosts The Axe Factor and EpicBattleCry podcasts.

Tony Grice
@tonygrice

C7d1ltd.jpg

Epic Badass.

WHERE TO GET IT
-----------------------

LATEST EPISODES
-----------------------
nTTHeDP.jpg

Skirmish 186 - I Want To Bite It! - March 21, 2013
http://epicbattleaxe.com/profiles/blogs/epicbattlecry-skirmish-186-i-want-to-bite-it

"We're rounding up the hottest headlines to talk Dishonored's DLC, The Phantom Pain, Saint's Row IV, Cyberpunk 2077 and much, much more! It's an all you can eat buffet of bad-assery on this edition of gaming's most brutal video podcast!"

HAoS9OW.jpg

Skirmish 185 - Eat Your Own Words - March 14, 2013
http://epicbattleaxe.com/profiles/blogs/epicepicbattlecry-skirmish-185-eat-your-own-words

"In the wake of SimCity's troubled launch, we're building an argument against constantly connected games. Plus, the last of Star Wars: First Assault, Lord British launches a Kickstarter, God of War goes co-op, and Ron Gilbert departs Double Fine. All of that and more is constructed on this towering episode of gaming's most brutal video podcast!"

etIhUZL.jpg

M.D

Yup, love it as well. I stopped following for a while but came back a couple of months ago.

I'm actually surprised it's barely mentioned on GAF

antitrop

What? never heard of this.. is this true?
I know last year Daniel was having financial difficulty keeping the site (EpicBattleAxe) operational, and it was temporarily moved to a Facebook Fan Page for a short while. This temporarily set back their podcast recording, both The Axe Factor and EpicBattleCry, but mostly EBC.

After not too long, EBA returned to its original site and podcasting continued as normal. I don't believe there was ever any falling out among the three hosts, rather just some very real concerns of whether the site and the podcast themselves would continue, and in what form.

It's all good now, though. That was months and months ago.

Awful podcast IMO. Listened to it for a few months. They always talk in the same phrases and without much substance to it. Also they have horrible "AAA"-centric tastes, though that's subjective of course.

Entombed opening song is awesome.

M.D

I know last year Daniel was having financial difficulty keeping the site (EpicBattleAxe) operational, and it was temporarily moved to a Facebook Fan Page for a short while. This temporarily set back their podcast recording, both The Axe Factor and EpicBattleCry, but mostly EBC.

After not too long, EBA returned to its original site and podcasting continued as normal. I don't believe there was ever any falling out among the three hosts, rather just some very real concerns of whether the site and the podcast themselves would continue, and in what form.

It's all good now, though. That was months and months ago.

Right, I forget that they had that facebook page instead of the website for a while.

Love these guys, they always have solid topics and opinions. Real good chemistry between all them as well.

Terrific podcast. These guys have some great chemistry so it's always fun to listen.

This is why I love this podcast as well. They seem to have been friends for a while, so that's probably part of the reason why they have great chemistry. Didn't they mention going to E3 back in 1999 or something like that?

Awful podcast IMO. Listened to it for a few months. They always talk in the same phrases and without much substance to it. Also they have horrible "AAA"-centric tastes, though that's subjective of course.

Entombed opening song is awesome.

Hmm... what? if anything Tony is more of a handheld gaming fan, and they often mention indie games in the Battle Cry at the end of each episode

Hmm... what? if anything Tony is more of a handheld gaming fan

He's okay, but listening to a 10 minute long Daniel Kayser 'Mass Effect 2 is the best game ever' monolog is so tedious.

Something something emerging. Always the same catchwords, first it becomes predictable and soon after just plain boring.

I used to listen to them long ago, just to kill time with yet another decent gaming podcast. But then the 100th episode happened and I totally lost all appetite for their output.

The episode in question: http://blip.tv/epicbattlecry/epicbattlecry-skirmish-100-make-them-stop-4606513

I don't know if it's my distaste for prank calling as a means of entertainment or just the fact that I don't like such harassment of people (haha, stupid gamestop employee!), but this "joke" was really not up my alley and I guess it left a bad enough impression for me to bring it up to this day.

antitrop

I used to listen to them long ago, just to kill time with yet another decent gaming podcast. But then the 100th episode happened and I totally lost all appetite for their output.

The episode in question: http://blip.tv/epicbattlecry/epicbattlecry-skirmish-100-make-them-stop-4606513

I don't know if it's my distaste for prank calling as a means of entertainment or just the fact that I don't like such harassment of people (haha, stupid gamestop employee!), but this "joke" was really not up my alley and I guess it left a bad enough impression for me to bring it up to this day.

Thanks, that was hilarious. I laughed out loud, I had forgotten about that.

That's a great episode. I suppose you can get offended that three guys wasted 2 minutes of a GameStop employee's time while he was on the clock, but that seems rather silly to me.

Thanks, that was hilarious. I laughed out loud, I had forgotten about that.

That's a great episode. I suppose you can get offended that three guys wasted 2 minutes of a GameStop employee's time while he was on the clock, but that seems rather silly to me.

Didn't they call Activision next? Or am I thinking of some other thing...
Anyways, I'm not offended that they wasted some dude's time. I am kinda offended that the used an unknowing dude, who was just doing his job, for their own amusement. They called him, not the other way around. It wasn't like they decided to have a little fun with a telemarketer who pestered them.

UrbanRats

I used to listen to them often some time ago.
I've stopped simply because i rarely agree with them on games and don't find it as entertaining as the Bombcast.

Top Bottom