• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB play as LINK in zelda echos

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
GSdC4LYXgAMuTCr.jpg

sooooooo happy making stuffs with zeldas wand all game long would be crud

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’ve been lowkey hoping that for first act of the game, you play as Zelda. For the second act, you play as Link. And for the third act, you play as both, switching between them, juggling puzzle and combat.

That probably won’t be the case, but I think it’d be a cool formula.

Gambit2483

What is going on with Amazon US Nintendo games lack of pre-orders?
Nintendo has had ongoing beef with Amazon over the last 15 years or so.

I think most recently Amazon screwed up with preorder estimates on several games earlier this year, so Nintendo has just decided to not provide preorders through their shop.

Nintendo has had ongoing beef with Amazon over the last 15 years or so.

I think most recently Amazon screwed up with preorder estimates on several games earlier this year, so Nintendo has just decided to not provide preorders through their shop.
Weirdness...

BlackTron

nintendo dont do stuff like that it will bee back and forth whole game bookmarked

We will see but I wouldn't be overconfident. I have a feeling you play as Link in the very beginning, and then again perhaps after a lot of heavy lifting with Zelda. Somewhat like how you play as Richter in the opening of SOTN and is unlocked again after literally beating the game. They won't necessarily use the exact same formula but if there are dungeons designed expecting you to have access to both characters it might be the last 1 or 2.

A very distant version of this is starting as powerful Link and getting nerfed back to square one in TOTK.

Edit: Nintendo did make Luigi's Mansion which is about Luigi rescuing Mario. They felt no requirement to get Mario rescued early to support Luigi because they didn't have enough confidence in the concept. It is Luigi's game. I feel pretty confident this is Zelda's game.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Probably just the first 5 mins.

But no I hope the whole game is with Zelda as that's the gameplay that has me interested. Not everything has to be the same style hack in slash over and over.

Arachnid

Hopefully they give the choice to switch. The summoning and creating is cool, but I don't want to play a whole game of it. I'd rather play as Link for the majority.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
We will see but I wouldn't be overconfident. I have a feeling you play as Link in the very beginning, and then again perhaps after a lot of heavy lifting with Zelda. Somewhat like how you play as Richter in the opening of SOTN and is unlocked again after literally beating the game. They won't necessarily use the exact same formula but if there are dungeons designed expecting you to have access to both characters it might be the last 1 or 2.

A very distant version of this is starting as powerful Link and getting nerfed back to square one in TOTK.

Edit: Nintendo did make Luigi's Mansion which is about Luigi rescuing Mario. They felt no requirement to get Mario rescued early to support Luigi because they didn't have enough confidence in the concept. It is Luigi's game. I feel pretty confident this is Zelda's game.
will not make 2 differents gameplay interface for one level bookmarked

BlackTron

will not make 2 differents gameplay interface for one level bookmarked

I'm just saying that if it happened at all, would probably only be at the end.

It's not completely radical. For example, both young and adult Link had to visit the Spirit Temple to complete it.

BlackTron

That might just be a comparative between how Link is usually played though.

ESRB does not assume you know who Link is. They are telling you the game content; Link is in it and fights enemies with a sword.

It could be a 5 minute intro though. This is just about what appears in the game, not how often.

"No Interactive Elements" seems like a phrase you wouldn't want describing your product which exists in an explicitly interactive medium.

Top Bottom