• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ether One |OT| What the mind thinks, The heart transmits

Haven't been on my PS4 today to check to see if the bugs are fixed, just wanted to pop in and say I love the game even with the bugs.

First save had the Pinwheel Industrial music box bug, second won't load Pinwheel village.

Really hope the patch fixes my issues. Save one is my, I'm pretty sure at least 100% completion, file. Second I flew through trying to see if I could get passed the prior glitch (I did) only for it to glitch at a different part.

Hupsel

Also have the game breaking bug at the blacksmiths workshop.

Have no idea how a game with sooooo many bugs gets released like this. No excuses at all. Worst thing is they will end up losing a lot of fans on PS4 once people encounter the bugs and just delete the game.

Goldrusher

Patch 1.02 is out in Europe!

Fixed my problems (music box not working anymore, one of the shelves not usable) and managed to complete the game without any further problems.

seabass0

Is this game patched in the US yet? I've been wanting to check it out but it sounds like I should stay away until it's fixed.

Finally have the patch installed, and it fixed my broken and glitched saves.

I love this game in spite of the problems I came across. The story was terrific. Heartbreaking really.

I recommend it to everyone now that it's fixed.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The patch 1.02 for eu and 1.01 for NA(Is the same version like the eu) not fixed all the problems with the game.We still need one more patch to fix all the problems.

wouwie

Just tried this game on PS4. Seems interesting but the walking speed (or lack of) is killing my enthusiasm to actually play, especially since the sprint (which is supposed to be on R1) doesn't seem to have any effect? Such a shame and really strange that something so trivial as walking speed could be an issue in a game.

Edit: does sprint (R1) work for someone on PS4?

Trouble

Banned
Tried on PS4 post-patch. Game still crashes when I solve the 18psi puzzle in the mine.

I was very briefly tempted to restart the game to see if it's my save file, but then I thought 'fuck that'.

Eklesp

Just tried this game on PS4. Seems interesting but the walking speed (or lack of) is killing my enthusiasm to actually play, especially since the sprint (which is supposed to be on R1) doesn't seem to have any effect? Such a shame and really strange that something so trivial as walking speed could be an issue in a game.

Edit: does sprint (R1) work for someone on PS4?

There is a run, can't remember if it is L1 or left stick click.

Welp I guess I cant play this game until they fix this BS Pinwheel Village crash bug. I was really getting into this up until this crap. The game crashed earlier going into Pinwheel Village. After shutting down and trying to Continue or Load Game it just goes into a black screen. All progress is lost unless this is fixed. What a joke

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Welp I guess I cant play this game until they fix this BS Pinwheel Village crash bug. I was really getting into this up until this crap. The game crashed earlier going into Pinwheel Village. After shutting down and trying to Continue or Load Game it just goes into a black screen. All progress is lost unless this is fixed. What a joke

The game needs another patch.

Just got an email back from the developer on the above issue where your save just goes to a black screen. He mentioned he's not sure why it happens, but apparently if you wait 4-5 minutes, it should load. I haven't tried it yet though. Gonna give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just got an email back from the developer on the above issue where your save just goes to a black screen. He mentioned he's not sure why it happens, but apparently if you wait 4-5 minutes, it should load. I haven't tried it yet though. Gonna give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.
This does work, I did it myself the other day.

A new patch came out today which fixed a bunch of crashing issues I had in the Pinwheel Village section, but it also introduced a bug that disables typing, which kills a couple puzzles :/

Time to wait for a third patch to hopefully complete the last couple puzzles I have and finish the game. I mostly really like Ether One, it's a damned shame about all the bugs, and that new ones are being introduced.

This does work, I did it myself the other day.

A new patch came out today which fixed a bunch of crashing issues I had in the Pinwheel Village section, but it also introduced a bug that disables typing, which kills a couple puzzles :/

Time to wait for a third patch to hopefully complete the last couple puzzles I have and finish the game. I mostly really like Ether One, it's a damned shame about all the bugs, and that new ones are being introduced.

Yup worked for me too. Sad about additional bugs now. I hope I don't encounter them. It sucks because the game is super interesting and gives me Myst vibes

Welp, I guess I'll continue to wait for further patches before playing this game.

Finished the game on PS4 with the newest patch installed (1.03? Came out Thursday) and could get the Platinum trophy w/o gamebreaking bugs. Some jank (especially when opening doors) and an item teleported in my hand suddenly, but that was it.

Started the game initially with the version installed that won't load up the keyboard for the puzzles and once I found out I was rather not pleased.

Obvious stuff that still isn't fixed but won't kill your game:
- subtitles during dialogues are completely out of sync.
secret
ending doesn't even have any I think.
- whenever it looks like your game froze when trying to jump to a new area/ending, just wait 5 minutes and eventually it will start loading.

I wish the game would offer more in the animation area, you don't have a body, many moving things just spawn into place and you don't
even see any characters in the endings even though they are supposed to be right there with you. Although for the emotional impact the models of these characters would have needed to be good obviously)

Sound design was also a bit lacking and I think the newest patch introduced some weird noise in the right channel while walking (outside).

Pretty neat game, story makes me wish I will never get
dementia/Alzheimer
and the puzzle/exploration stuff fit my taste pretty well. Although I needed a guide for some of the puzzles (which are all optional for finishing the game btw). Like, how the hell can you get the information about
the weight of that specific mining guy?!

btw is it only me or did someone else get Silent Hill vibes in the Mines or the photo-parts (which is kinda Fatal Frame?). Don't get me wrong, it's not scary or anything but somehow unsettling? Maybe I was also just expecting it to take a twisted turn with some jump scares :p

Finally played this on PS4 and I have mixed feelings about it.

Performance is awful. "Fast" Travel takes about 4 minutes to load an Area. You actually think the PS4 froze but it didn't it just takes forever really.

Some weird game-breaking glitches, like one where I went back to the case while riding up the elevator. When I came back, the elevator went up but I stayed down on the elevator shaft. Couldn't use the elevator from there on.

Some puzzles stoped responding for no reason. Had to quit the game and go back in to make it work again (church ropes/bells).

Story is confusing but really well delivered. Voice acting is amazing.

Main puzzles are easy but the optional ones, that you need to do to restore the projectors are some of the hardest challenges I've ever had on any game. Had to use a guide for many of those.

Trophies are easy if you use a guide. Almost impossible without one.

This is fucking driving me insane!

What happens if you blow all of the 700a fuses in the Industrial Centre?

Because that's what happened, and I can't find any more.

AM I SCREWED?

I went back to this game last night, hoping to be able to finish it before Ethan Carter comes out. I've not played it in about a month and to be honest I'm totally lost - I'm in Pinwheel Harbour and I've no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Anyway, I finally triggered some dialogue and a pathway along the river opened up for me, so I spent a bit of time wandering around, still not really knowing what I'm supposed to be doing. I kind of want to like it, but it's so janky and I don't think it's particularly well designed.

thenexus6

I purposely held off playing this from all the launch issues. Started playing the other day, and aside from turning my PS4 into a jet engine it was fine. Now it just freezes when I press continue on the home screen. Very frustrating.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I purposely held off playing this from all the launch issues. Started playing the other day, and aside from turning my PS4 into a jet engine it was fine. Now it just freezes when I press continue on the home screen. Very frustrating.

Sorry for the bump, but this is important info for anyone playing or planning to in the future: if you get a black screen or the game 'freezes' when you fast travel, it's not crashing, but loading. It's baffling I know, but if you leave it on that black first screen for 5 to 10 minutes, your game will eventually load. Same for the fast travel on the map. Before looking up info online, I thought I had a corrupted save. But then I tried just letting it sit, and bam, I was in pinwheel harbor, everything worked again. I almost couldn't believe it.

The devs have even admitted to this on twitter, that you should just let the game sit at the black screens. This is unacceptable, then at least put a loading (pinwheel) icon there to show your game didn't crash.

thenexus6

Hey, yeah i just replied to your PM. I will try this later, but its so weird. This was a very poor port unfortunately.

valkyre

Hello guys, I dont see a lot of people commenting on this game, but since I started it yesterday, i noticed that my PS4 behaves like an F18 ready to take off... (ps4 is very well ventilated, never had issues with other games)

Are there any reports of PS4's actually malfunctioning/overheating due to this game? I dont mind if it is just the fans going crazy, but can that stress cause an issue for the PS4?

Thanks.

PS: Cant believe how shitty the coding must be for this game to stress the PS4 so much... ridiculous...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah the heat/noise was another factor that made me finish the game asap, because I felt like it was bringing the PS4 to its knees. Which I don't understand, because the game doesn't even look that good and consists of mostly small areas.

I've read about the crashes and bugs in this game, but I haven't read anything about it bricking a system though. But I can't imagine it's doing the PS4 any favors. I think it's the loudest my console's ever got. I'm not touching it again that's for sure. Even deleted the install to be sure it was cleansed from my system :p

I tweeted the devs about the loading, and they stressed they're looking into it. I replied that the loading wasn't even the biggest problem, just add a (moving) icon... Otherwise people just think the game has crashed on them.

Trophy stats are quite telling for this game, sorted on rarity:

iEy0jHX.jpg

Defragmentation is pretty much just running through the game, and only 1% of players have done that.

mstevens

Both my game saves can't get past a glitched candle puzzle and the game isn't good enough to start from the beginning. First time I've quit a game because of bugs.

Top Bottom